watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FFC Trivia - I was well wide of the mark

Started by SP, September 09, 2012, 09:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

How many games did the legendary Sir Bobby Moore play for Fulham?

No cheating now - I was over 50 out.

:49:

Burt

Wasn't he with us for 3 seasons, in the days of 42 game seasons etc? Would have thought 100+ appearances, quite comfortably.

Holders

I don't recall it being as long as that - maybe 50-60?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

cmg

Bobby Moore played 150 times for this football club. Apart from the first (in which he was unaccountably poor), each one was a masterclass in how to play as a defender. His performance in the first semi-final against Birmingham was one of the finest ever by a Fulham player. We were very lucky to have him for over three seasons and he is, for me, among the greatest footballers I ever saw.

In the Enclosure

My dad started attending every home game again after a break of a few seasons. Said that Moore was worth the admission money alone and concentrated on how he was moving organising the defence, We used to watch from the Hammersmith end and Dad said that he rarely saw Bobby break into a run as he appeared to know where the ball was going to go- the exceptions were if a teamate gave him a bad or unexpected pass.

Great Sportsman who apparently liked a good social life. Would never have guessed it but I think a documentary revealed  that Bobbys philosophy 'was win or lose were on the booze' Probably enjoyed his time at Fulham as I think that was our motto from the time of the 60s

NogoodBoyo

130.  He was pure class.
Nogood "slow, but like the bus he always got there, isit" Boyo

Lighthouse

I saw most of his games with us. Moore never had pace was never a great passer or header of the ball. But his reading of the game was as good as Haynes. He did know where the ball was going to go before the ball did. A truly great player. Like Haynes, Moore was simply class right up to the day he hung up his boots.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Peabody

grandad

He played for us covering 4 seasons although the first was near the end so I reckon about 125
Where there's a will there's a wife

Snibbo

Was going to say 112. Think I read it in the last TOOFIF

Gozorich

Gozorich

I was at Wembley once for an England v Scotland match - can't remember exactly when but I think after the WC in Mexico. I was in a crowd of Scots and they were giving Moore dog's abuse. At half-time I asked the most vociferous guy who was in front of me what he had against Moore. 'He's too ******* good for the likes of us.' He replied.  082.gif

Peabody

So how many goals did he score for us? and no cheating

jarv

Best England defender by a million miles. I do recall one game (towards the end of his time). Fulham were 4-0 down at half time to Notts County (I think). Bobby had a nightmare half. Strange th9ing is, he never seemed to tackle anyone but on that day, he tried in desperation and failed.

With the game out of reach, Best put on a show in the 2nd half. The entertainment was worth the admission.