watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Lest we forget

Started by Peabody, September 11, 2012, 10:35:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Just a gentle reminder that we give a thought to those who lost their lives in terrible attrocities in the Twin Towers

TonyGilroy

And the many millions of others who died in the subsequent Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

David_Keating

Time really flies by.

Quote from: Peabody on September 11, 2012, 10:35:55 AM
Just a gentle reminder that we give a thought to those who lost their lives in terrible attrocities in the Twin Towers

mr-ska

My thoughts go out to all the victims of 9/11. I will never forget that awful day, the day when i thought the world had changed forever. Nor will i forgive the perpetrators or their supporters. RIP all you innocent , brave people..

Lighthouse

This was a day I had been in York and had a great time. Chatted with some American tourists who laughed at my term 'spitting with rain'. Then we came home to our holiday place and turned the telly on as my Mum wanted to watch Neighbours. It was cancelled.

A tragic day that you just knew was going to end in more horror. God bless them all and help those who still fear the fear. Life is tragic. Enjoy the good times while you can and stop planning for a future that may never happen. Too many brave people are no longer with us.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Gozorich

I can never forget the young black girls who were selling postcards etc. on the second top floor a few weeks before 9/11. They thought our British accents were terrific and laughingly flirted with my teenage sons. I suppose they were on duty that awful day. I can't help thinking about them all the time.

I also agree wholeheartedly with Tony Gilroy about the millions of victims in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. Absolutely needless and criminal.

ffcitaly

Quote from: mr-ska on September 11, 2012, 11:42:13 AM
My thoughts go out to all the victims of 9/11. I will never forget that awful day, the day when i thought the world had changed forever. Nor will i forgive the perpetrators or their supporters. RIP all you innocent , brave people..

Well said mate. 065.gif

nose

a terrorist attack stands proud by a million miles from any other activity. Going about your normal life and without any chance of defence or warning to have a third party to decide to take your life and upturn the well being of your familly is without doubt despicble. Nothing compares to that.

I feel for everyone that innocently gets caught in the middle of any violent activity but the actions of 9/11 derve to be remembered in isolation, on their own, by themselves. The victimes had no way of knowing what was going to happen, there was nobody to talk to, to discuss the issues.

Iraq and Afgan were awful but there were people that could have decided to discuss and be reasonable, the first victim of war is the truth and the truth this time is the opposition are a bunch of medievial war lords that cannot accept we are not all the same and do not want to give way.

I know the US do not have a a great foreign policy I willnever defend th3 indefensible, such as what they did in Chile, but the inocent victims of 9/11 deserve their moment!

RidgeRider

Quote from: Peabody on September 11, 2012, 10:35:55 AM

9739.gif  065.gif

Peabody

This was mwant to be a thread in memory of the innocent victims of a terrorist attack. Of course there were and are other innocent victims of other attrocities but politicise this, lets just remember those victims of a particular incident.

epsomraver

A simple post to remember victims of 9/11 on it's anniversary and then highjacked by the left wingers as usual :dft007:

Peabody

Have to admit to be a left winger myself and find it hard to forgive Tony Blair but this was not intended to be a party political broadcast. Hey Ho.

Peabody

Seems I have upset some by not mentioning other innocent victims. I of course have every sympathy with them but (to use the American date) it was 9/11 when I posted. So I am going to use my peroative and lock the thread. Shame but there you are.