Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

What a poor performance

at home

against The Ukraine

no creativity until three starters were pulled

ignorant tackle by a veteran player who was already carrying a yellow

the "veteran player" in question looked slow and old prior to his red

the "veteran player" in question was carrying the Captain's arm band.

I really want Roy to lead England to Brazil, but if they're playing this poorly at home against middling opposition ... .
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

jazz hardrockin

There was nothing wrong with the opposition,on the other hand your observation about the Captain is spot on...
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

Admin

For a moment there, I thought I was watching Fulham all over again. Don't get me wrong, I love Woy for what he did at Fulham but by Christ, his tactics can be so negative at times. Tonights performance I thought was just that and how typical was it that England went forward early, missed those chances, sat back and then got caught. It was only after this that we then chased the game and got what I thought was a lucky penalty. The Ukraine were there for the taking.

Lighthouse

I have to say that this game meant nothing of interest to me. However the Great British Bake off was very exciting.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

beijing ben

Didn't watch the game but i really rate the Ukraine, especially the goalscorer. He is a really special player. Ukrainian football is on the up and they were very unlucky in the Euros. We will do extremely well to finish above them in this group..

Oiseau

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 11, 2012, 11:28:05 PM
I have to say that this game meant nothing of interest to me. However the Great British Bake off was very exciting.

I'm LOVING GBBO. It's brill, isn't it? I haven't watched last night's episode yet, though. Who are you rooting for?

Our squad is seriously injury plagued at the moment both in the long and short term. Roy made a point about how few fit English players are getting regular first team football currently. It seems painfully true. All of England's options going forward last night are second string at their clubs (perhaps not Defoe but that's by necessity with Spurs selling VdV) and it meant that we were quite limited.

You're right, though. It was an awful performance although I only saw the second half. Ukraine looked well organised and very polished.

I also agree with you about Gerrard. He seemed to be trying quite hard but is getting increasingly slow. It's understandable given his age. Our midfield selection was quite disappointing although Lamps didn't look to bad. I was quite impressed by Sturridge's cameo, too.

Despite this, I have a faith in Roy. We did well at the Euro's even with a depleted, injury-hit squad. Roy adapted our tactics quickly and we had one of the strongest back five's in the competition in my opinion. We conceded the fewest goals of any squad and didn't lose a single match in normal time.

Jack Fulham

We will qualify. Roy's just got two years to get his team right. Gerrard and Lampard need to be phased out but who is going to step up? Wilshere who has a horrible injury record and someone else.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Oiseau on September 12, 2012, 12:20:45 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on September 11, 2012, 11:28:05 PM

I'm LOVING GBBO. It's brill, isn't it? I haven't watched last night's episode yet, though. Who are you rooting for?

Wont spoil it if you haven't seen it. Lots of bakers close to the drop tonight. But I was right about who had to go. I like Catheryn? Who comes over as all timid but is a mean baker when she puts her mind to it.

I mean I  :002: never watch it. But if I did tonight sees plenty of mistakes.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

epsomraver

Quote from: HatterDon on September 11, 2012, 10:35:15 PM
What a poor performance

at home

against The Ukraine

I really want Roy to lead England to Brazil, but if they're playing this poorly at home against middling opposition ... .

Gerrard would have got Motm from the commentators and was mine  had it not been for the dismissal, he was the only one doing anything positive and it was his through balls that gave us the missed chances, strange how we see games differently and we all watched it on the box as well.

cebu

Quote from: epsomraver on September 12, 2012, 10:06:58 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on September 11, 2012, 10:35:15 PM
What a poor performance

at home

against The Ukraine

Gerrard would have got Motm from the commentators and was mine  had it not been for the dismissal, he was the only one doing anything positive and it was his through balls that gave us the missed chances, strange how we see games differently and we all watched it on the box as well.

Actually Mr Raver, probably a couple of us do agree with you, but didn't post anything yet.

Sure, Gerrard for MOTM but all the England players need to tone down the physical side of their game when they're playing matches outside the Prem, as it tends not to be accepted by many continental refs. Hearing Roy whingeing about the ref carding England players was too reminiscent of some of his predecessors, making excuses in the past ... take it on the chin, Roy, you chose the poisoned chalice with your eyes wide open!   

Andy_M

I sometimes feel like I'm the only person that thinks this BUT.....

Does anyone else think Gerrard has lost it? - not saying we have anyone better than him to replace him, but even for Liverpool I've seen nothing over the past year that makes you think it's the same Gerrard as it was before he got injured a year ago.
@got_maile

jarv

For all of you complaining, it could be worse, you could be a Scot (as I am) or Welsh.  Fighting for the wooden spoon in their group. (2 games in) Levein and Coleman make Roy look like an attacking genius. fp.gif

Classic94

Quote from: Jack Fulham on September 12, 2012, 12:30:24 AM
We will qualify. Roy's just got two years to get his team right. Gerrard and Lampard need to be phased out but who is going to step up? Wilshere who has a horrible injury record and someone else.

Cleverley?