News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This team at their peak could've won the title easily...

Started by General, September 12, 2012, 08:48:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

There is bucket loads of quality although admittedly on ailing legs (if you're to believe that over 30 is over the hill).

That said, if they bond like our europa league team do then we really could see some incredible football at Fulham.

I know it's becoming somewhat of a retirement home for old greats but hopefully there's a few good years in their legs and enough at least to see us through to January.

Regarding Karagounis - He seems to have thrived at Benfica and Panathanaikos and not really made am impression at Inter, but despite that he is still -at 35 - a workhorse of the greek national team and scored the goal that got them through to the quarter finals (which he subsequently missed due to getting 2 yellows) in Euro 2012, so he can't be too bad.

Plus, if you were going to buy any player from Greece he'd be the guy you'd want - can't be bad for the clubs shirt sales and internationaal following!

Lighthouse

The frustration is we really could have been a great  side. We were close after the Europa and the changes in managers and then this poor transfer window has left us lesser than we were IMHO.

We will see what happens. But I still feel a case of what might have beens.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

JBH

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 12, 2012, 09:33:46 AM
The frustration is we really could have been a great  side. We were close after the Europa and the changes in managers and then this poor transfer window has left us lesser than we were IMHO.

We will see what happens. But I still feel a case of what might have beens.

Agree, its all Roy Hodgson's fault for jumping ship and going to Liverpool !!

Im so glad he failed there and I hope he fails with England too!!! 065.gif

Fulham Far East

hang on and hope the team bond, then bring in the needed addition in January? I think we must have some money to spend, since we didn't spend that much the last window

Fletchino

Insted of the title 5 years ago how about the FA Cup now!!