more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seeking Help - In Search Of A Bear

Started by diver, September 12, 2012, 11:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diver

Greetings Fulham fans!

Hello there my name is Diver (that's my Christian name) and I have joined this establishment with the sole purpose of seeking help from you good people. Do not fear this is not like one of those charming emails you probably receive on a daily basis stating that a long lost relative has decided to leave you a fortune of wealth, however to receive said wealth first of you need to send a reasonable amount of cash to some African country OR how a message stating that I have some simple yet bloody effective tips for adding inches to your schlong.

NO! this is a message specific to fans of Fulham FC.

I will cut to the chase, I am a poster on the Manchester Utd forum Redcafe.net (Don't ban me please!, just the other day I won some money whilst playing as Fulham against a friend on Fifa) and a Fulham related thread (which was made over a year ago) has only recently been brought to my attention. This thread was made by a chap who decided it would be humorous to hijack his work colleagues stuffed Fulham FC teddy bear and post the bear to fellow Redcafe posters who live all around the world and get the posters to take photos of the bear in captivity in different locations whilst keeping his colleague in the loop with the pretence of an anonymous teddy bear kidnapping. This actually went really well with the bear being taken from Manchester all the way to NASA with many a detour along the way.

However at some point things turned sour and the bear has been lost into the ether now. The guy who started the thread original intention was to give the Fulham fan back his bear after he had travelled the globe but now thanks to either some selfish idiot or the postal service he will not be reunited with his bear.

So now I am reaching out to you Fulham fans in the hope that one of you possess the same bear and would be willing to sell it to me so we can continue with our hijinxs.

An exact replica of this bear is proving near impossible to find (I can find similar bears but not the exact same one). Ebay said NO! so i know you will say YES!

Here is what the bear looks like
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f310/ospreyseven/DSC02292.jpg
And this is the original thread.
http://www.redcafe.net/f64/fulham-toy-kidnap-now-location-participation-updates-335834/

If you can help please do.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

I haver a bear identical to this (called Steeeeed)  but cannot part with it.  However, if you want a photo of it, say at the Olympic Park I can probably get you one...

diver

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on September 12, 2012, 12:23:24 PM
I haver a bear identical to this (called Steeeeed)  but cannot part with it.  However, if you want a photo of it, say at the Olympic Park I can probably get you one...

I couldn't possibly persuede you to part with Steeeeed? Name your price.

Failing that a photo would be brilliant. Thank you sir.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: diver on September 12, 2012, 12:35:41 PM

No go on  Steed I am afraid.  if I upload the picture on this thread at some point and PM you to let you know, will that be sufficient?

diver

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on September 12, 2012, 12:49:33 PM
Quote from: diver on September 12, 2012, 12:35:41 PM

No go on  Steed I am afraid.  if I upload the picture on this thread at some point and PM you to let you know, will that be sufficient?

Fair play.

Yes that would be great, thanks.

Naturally still after a bear to own. The quest continues!

mojo

I have a friend who has sourced one but she isn't sure if it's identical, she's going to get it to me and I'll let you know.

If you get one in the meantime I'm sure I'll find a good home for it  :022:

diver

Quote from: mojo on September 12, 2012, 04:25:27 PM
I have a friend who has sourced one but she isn't sure if it's identical, she's going to get it to me and I'll let you know.

If you get one in the meantime I'm sure I'll find a good home for it  :022:

My god that would be great.

The kicker is that I could really do with an exact replica otherwise it makes it a bit of a pointless exercise. I appreciate your help and keep me posted either way. Why are these bears so hard to locate?

Airfix

Airfix

As a side-note, on a similar theme, here is my knitted Freddie Fulham in front of the Golden Gate Bridge:

... and at the bottom of Lombard Street:

:dft009:

Scrumpy

Quote from: diver on September 12, 2012, 11:11:25 AM
I will cut to the chase, I am a poster on the Manchester Utd forum Redcafe.net (Don't ban me please!, just the other day I won some money whilst playing as Fulham against a friend on Fifa) and a Fulham related thread (which was made over a year ago) has only recently been brought to my attention. This thread was made by a chap who decided it would be humorous to hijack his work colleagues stuffed Fulham FC teddy bear and post the bear to fellow Redcafe posters who live all around the world and get the posters to take photos of the bear in captivity in different locations whilst keeping his colleague in the loop with the pretence of an anonymous teddy bear kidnapping. This actually went really well with the bear being taken from Manchester all the way to NASA with many a detour along the way.

However at some point things turned sour and the bear has been lost into the ether now. The guy who started the thread original intention was to give the Fulham fan back his bear after he had travelled the globe but now thanks to either some selfish idiot or the postal service he will not be reunited with his bear.

Yeah, all very friendly and nice Mr 'Diver' but it wasn't your bear that Bill stole was it?! The northen b@stard had been taking the mick out of me for years, just because I was a Cottager and had a stuffed Fulham bear on my desk. It's not as if I didn't pop him in the draw when we had board meetings! Bill makes it all sound very innocent, but I happen to know that Scwuffy Wuffy Six (or SW6 - that's the bear's name) has been kidnapped and is currently crying himself to sleep in some damp northern cellar. I have received 2 ransom notes so far (and an offer of a playing contract from Mark Hughes, but that's another story. Scwuffy has one hell of an agent). The first ransom note had a picture of SW6 holding the day's newspaper with electrodes attached to his genitals (weird, because he always preferred to watch TV when we played THAT game)  and the second ransom note enclosed one of his ickle lickle fingers cut off. There was fluff and cotton-wool everywhere.

As you can imagine, I am distraught! I have been to the Police but they were less than helpful. They say it is a domestic matter and I should 'man up'. Easy for them to say, but this is affecting me terribly; even the wife and kids say I am not my usual self. May I politely ask that you get in touch with Bill and explain that while SW6 enjoyed his trips to NASA, Hawaii, Gillingham and Paris, he is not enjoying this latest ordeal. If he does not return Scwuffy to me withn 7 days, then please tell him that I will begin sending back body parts from his stuffed Red Devil (oh yes, it is me who half-inched him from your brief case, Bill) at weekly intervals. Honestly - Man Utd, think they can do what they want!
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Adam87

Haha was standing in that exact spot airfix in san fransisco in novemeber last year, going again in two months time. Great place. ty for posting the pics.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

This is a grizzly story ............... I can't bear it

Logicalman

Hey Diver, just read through the thread, abfab, totally mate. So, what happened to T2000 then, and did you get to grips with the splinter group? I thought Splinter was a rat, wasn't he, with a bunch of turtles for playmates, and what's his group go to do with kidnapping a bear?

diver

Quote from: Scrumpy on September 12, 2012, 10:38:19 PM
Quote from: diver on September 12, 2012, 11:11:25 AM

Yeah, all very friendly and nice Mr 'Diver' but it wasn't your bear that Bill stole was it?! The northen b@stard had been taking the mick out of me for years, just because I was a Cottager and had a stuffed Fulham bear on my desk. It's not as if I didn't pop him in the draw when we had board meetings! Bill makes it all sound very innocent, but I happen to know that Scwuffy Wuffy Six (or SW6 - that's the bear's name) has been kidnapped and is currently crying himself to sleep in some damp northern cellar. I have received 2 ransom notes so far (and an offer of a playing contract from Mark Hughes, but that's another story. Scwuffy has one hell of an agent). The first ransom note had a picture of SW6 holding the day's newspaper with electrodes attached to his genitals (weird, because he always preferred to watch TV when we played THAT game)  and the second ransom note enclosed one of his ickle lickle fingers cut off. There was fluff and cotton-wool everywhere.

As you can imagine, I am distraught! I have been to the Police but they were less than helpful. They say it is a domestic matter and I should 'man up'. Easy for them to say, but this is affecting me terribly; even the wife and kids say I am not my usual self. May I politely ask that you get in touch with Bill and explain that while SW6 enjoyed his trips to NASA, Hawaii, Gillingham and Paris, he is not enjoying this latest ordeal. If he does not return Scwuffy to me withn 7 days, then please tell him that I will begin sending back body parts from his stuffed Red Devil (oh yes, it is me who half-inched him from your brief case, Bill) at weekly intervals. Honestly - Man Utd, think they can do what they want!

Haha, well naturally I sympathize with your plight. Tis why i'm trying to help.

People ^^^ This is exactly why we need a Fulham Bear (exact replica naturally).

diver

Quote from: Logicalman on September 12, 2012, 11:43:14 PM
Hey Diver, just read through the thread, abfab, totally mate. So, what happened to T2000 then, and did you get to grips with the splinter group? I thought Splinter was a rat, wasn't he, with a bunch of turtles for playmates, and what's his group go to do with kidnapping a bear?

I only recently saw the thread myself, I believe he got banned for reasons that are not entirely clear to me. Think he was arsey with the wrong person. The RedCafe mods can be brutal* at times.

*And if they see this then of course by brutal I mean sexually attractive, socially enviable and well endowed.

Where art thou Fulham Bear?

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

If you PM me your email I can send the jpgs if required..

epsomraver

I have several of these both black and and white as we are a multiracial club, PM me if you want to purchase one but it will cost you dear.

epsomraver

I have forwarded the post on to the bear keeper for her to do an appraisal

mojo

Have just received the bear and it's not the same, sorry Diver.

It's the more recent version of that bear.