more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Food Discussion

Started by Steve_orino, April 11, 2010, 05:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanJames

Quote from: Tom on June 03, 2011, 04:06:49 AM
James, is it worth going to when I come out there for the Michigan game? If so we need to go there.

Its real solid and worth going to but its 45 mins to an hr outside of Ann Arbor. All depends on what else you have planned/ wanna see.
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on June 04, 2011, 02:51:19 AM
Quote from: Tom on June 03, 2011, 04:06:49 AM
James, is it worth going to when I come out there for the Michigan game? If so we need to go there.

Its real solid and worth going to but its 45 mins to an hr outside of Ann Arbor. All depends on what else you have planned/ wanna see.
I'm down if you want to hit the place up!  082.gif
Fulham for life!

RidgeRider

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on June 03, 2011, 09:49:12 PM
I was given some Polish bread yesterday and it had olives and peppers in it, very nice  :004: . Er indoors liked it and the mutt was going mental over it. Got about six differant loafs in total, but the rest looked  :020:

Never had Polish bread but have had Russian bread before as there was a bakery my Dad used to go to that was owned by some...you guess it....Russians. It was fantastic and I was only 13 at the time but we loved it...though it stood out at lunch time from the swarms and their Wonder Bread PB&J's.

RidgeRider

Speaking of which, is there anything better....really....than a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich?

AmericanJames

Quote from: RidgeRider on June 06, 2011, 11:27:19 PM
Speaking of which, is there anything better....really....than a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich?

only a peanut butter, nutella and jelly sandwich

finnster01

I have a massive liking to a Peanut Butter sandwich and simply just a sliced banana on top.  098.gif  098.gif Yummm...
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FatFreddysCat

Is there anything worse ?  :020:

FatFreddysCat

Right here's a new one to me. I was watching Come dine with me and the first host cooked braised Ox Tail in some kind of sauce, and it looked lovely. Now i've had ox tail soup and like it, but not mad on it, anyone had braised oxtail and what's it like?

RidgeRider

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on June 07, 2011, 06:01:25 PM

Fred, you are the first person I have ever heard have a negative reaction to God's greatest creation. You can some  087.gif.

Finn, the banana bit is a great way to go as well, I have been known to drizzle a tad of honey with the banana as well.....pure simplicity and pure heaven!

Tom

The best is peanut butter and honey! Yum
Fulham for life!

TheDaddy

Quote from: finnster01 on June 07, 2011, 12:33:37 PM
I have a massive liking to a Peanut Butter sandwich and simply just a sliced banana on top.  098.gif  098.gif Yummm...

Try dipping celery into peanut butter its spot on mate.....
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

kirkoa

Since we are on the subject, what is up with the jellied eel thing?  Does anyone still eat that?
Why is the music playing while I'm talking?

TheDaddy

Quote from: kirkoa on June 10, 2011, 03:08:11 PM
Since we are on the subject, what is up with the jellied eel thing?  Does anyone still eat that?
love them and stewed havent eaten them for awhile seems that pie and mash shops are harder to find than lord lucan !!!!
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

kirkoa

Quote from: TheDaddy on June 13, 2011, 08:20:43 PM
love them and stewed havent eaten them for awhile seems that pie and mash shops are harder to find than lord lucan !!!!

There is a line of murder mysteries that is set in Victorian London and the peeps in them are eating jellied eel pie with some kind of vinegar all the time.  I looked it up on wikepedia and the pic was somewhat offsetting though.  Worth a try when I get over there?
Why is the music playing while I'm talking?

Logicalman

I used to go to the Pie and Mash shop on the Talgarth road, dead opposite the Odeon, just near the entrance to the Piccadilly line tube . They had jellied eels available all the time, in a lovely jelly. Though my favorite was the pie and mash with that white sauce - delish.

Logicalman

Quote from: RidgeRider on June 08, 2011, 04:42:42 AM

Fred, you are the first person I have ever heard have a negative reaction to God's greatest creation. You can some  087.gif.

Finn, the banana bit is a great way to go as well, I have been known to drizzle a tad of honey with the banana as well.....pure simplicity and pure heaven!

Then you've just found the second one. Cannot abide the mixture of PB & Jelly, unless it's Nutella, of course!!!

Logicalman

Quote from: kirkoa on June 13, 2011, 09:20:02 PM

There is a line of murder mysteries that is set in Victorian London and the peeps in them are eating jellied eel pie with some kind of vinegar all the time.  I looked it up on wikepedia and the pic was somewhat offsetting though.  Worth a try when I get over there?

Problem might be in finding one - they're like Rocking Horse droppings.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Logicalman on June 14, 2011, 02:43:31 AM
Quote from: RidgeRider on June 08, 2011, 04:42:42 AM

Then you've just found the second one. Cannot abide the mixture of PB & Jelly, unless it's Nutella, of course!!!

More for the rest of us I say! Nutella is SOOO Euro Tony! Truth is I have never had it. Suppose it is a lot like peanut butter, or almond butter. Some day I will give it go.

AmericanJames

Just was looking at the stats and found that this has been the 4th most commented on thread, so I figured it was time to kick start it again. So with American football starting back up Sunday who's ready for some tailgating

finnster01

That looks like a very dry grill no matter how good looking the young lady is. There is no sauce and the grill marks look man-made and painted.

Now this is the real business:

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead