watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Food Discussion

Started by Steve_orino, April 11, 2010, 05:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve_orino

Good call on the crab, TimmyG!!!  I recall the first time I picked at a crab, I was at my grandmother's and everyone laughed at howI kept digging and digging.  Must of picked at least 2 that night and I was maybe 10 years old and a very picky-eater.  Surprised the family to see me play with those things...

Seafood in general is a favorite...shrimp, mussels, scallops, raw oysters, gator, crawfish, crab, & lobster...you name it, I'll eat it!
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Steve_orino

Quote from: Logicalman on April 22, 2010, 10:21:42 AM
Quote from: McBridefan1 on April 22, 2010, 05:26:27 AM
Also I'm not sure why you English love Curry so much... I went to one indian restaurant also in Lowell, udibupi somthingorother (granted it was a vegitarian one) but I thought the food was bland. Maybe meat would have made it better???

MB1,
Try out that recipe on page 3 and then tell me curry is bland!!  Great food, so many varieties from the very spicy masala, to the delish smooth coconut kormas, and then the tandoori tikkas. You really need to get over to the UK and visit some good Indian restaurants mate, your taste buds will love you forever.

Alright Logical, I've printed out the recipe and we're going to have our English friends over for help & inspiration  :59:

I told them that we'd have Fuller's and Old Speckled Hen available to make sure they came.  It'll probably be a week or two before we try it but we'll let you know how it comes out...

Thanks again!
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Logicalman

Quote from: Steve_orino on April 27, 2010, 11:48:18 PM

Alright Logical, I've printed out the recipe and we're going to have our English friends over for help & inspiration  :59:

I told them that we'd have Fuller's and Old Speckled Hen available to make sure they came.  It'll probably be a week or two before we try it but we'll let you know how it comes out...

Thanks again!

AAgghhh, wonderful falling-down water to accompany it. I take it you did mean ESB (or little brother Pride?).

FatFreddysCat

Could always substitute the pumpkin for a Lamb Bhuna Finny, and of course 6/8 pints before hand, but i can never finish a pint once i've started a Ruby.

finnster01

So WTF do you do to put out the Vindaloo fires? That is 4 pints right there.

It is my best exercise. I sweat more on a vindaloo ruby than most people do in an hour at a sauna...
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FatFreddysCat

I eat about £30 of currie to myself Finny and i'm so stuffed i cant drink. But i always have a brandy coffee after ( weird as i dont like brandy).Do you Yanks have the liquer coffees with the cream on top?

finnster01

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on April 28, 2010, 11:41:02 PM
I eat about £30 of currie to myself Finny and i'm so stuffed i cant drink. But i always have a brandy coffee after ( weird as i dont like brandy).Do you Yanks have the liquer coffees with the cream on top?
You mean the Irish coffee things? Yes, they are here, but they don't know how to make them
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Steve_orino

Quote from: finnster01 on April 28, 2010, 11:46:11 PM
You mean the Irish coffee things? Yes, they are here, but they don't know how to make them

As a former Bartender...I will atest to that! 

But then, I've never liked my coffee with liquor or liquer...
@Borino09

Logicalman

Quote from: finnster01 on April 28, 2010, 11:46:11 PM

As like Steve, I'm a former bar-steward and was taught how to make the various coffees whilst working for Fullers, but come to think of it, I've never seen one over here. Weird that.

tjl

If you like a crab then you have got to try a Channel Island spider crab, they need a lot of picking but well worth it better than lobster any day  :003:

judy

Steve,

How far are you from Rockwall.  You can try out Kuong Thai in Rockwall. My husband and I love their curries.  --they have green, yellow, red, and about 3 or 4 others with odd names like jungle curry or "the amazing," which is peanut based. You can choose your meat: chicken, beef, shrimp, tofu, duck, etc. Husband always gets the green curry with chicken, which is really good...But I order something different everytime. You can order it on a spiciness scale of 1-5.  A 2 or a 3 is plenty spicy enough.  Husband likes to order 4 and then sweats through dinner.  And yeah, portion sizes...we eat half and bring half home for lunch the next day, or for late night munchies.  Anyway, I know there are plenty of Thai places in Dallas, but we like this little Rockwall restaurant.  --very, very clean...quiet...and inexpensive.

Steve_orino

Quote from: judy on May 02, 2010, 08:48:25 PM
very clean...quiet...and inexpensive.

Perfect!

We're in the Coppell area - so it'd be a bit of a ride but I appreciate the suggestion.  Excuse my novice-ness but is it Thai or a Curry-house, or both? 

Glad you posted, it's good to know that there is another Dallasite that follows the Club...you do follow Fulham, right?  :dft010:
@Borino09

judy

Yes, I follow Fulham!  I've been lurking on this off and on since it started.  But honestly, I don't understand half of what is written.

This restaurant is Thai.  They have a lot of other things on their menu...lots of noodles, of course--Pad Thai, for example.  (Pad Thai is probably the most common noodle dish, and the first thing that comes to most people's mind when thinking Thai food...well, that and curries.)  They also have a sushi bar and plenty of other stuff.  But we just go for the curry. 

You mentioned you follow FC D some.  We do as well--albeit somewhat casually.  Did you see watch the game Saturday night against the Revs?  Oh my gosh!!! So painful to watch.  The whole family was screaming at the TV.  First, Sala's gaffe...and then, about a thousand and one wasted chances.  arggh.  Still winless.

FatFreddysCat

Steve Orino please dont get Thai currie confused with a proper Ruby (Indian curry) as it's completely differant and no where near as good. It makes me realise how lucky i am that i could ring about 15 /20 Curry houses and get it delivered to my house within the hour.

Logicalman

Quote from: judy on May 03, 2010, 01:40:29 PM
Yes, I follow Fulham!  I've been lurking on this off and on since it started.  But honestly, I don't understand half of what is written.

Judy,

Good on you for trying.  Honestly, if you don't understand something, just ask (I'll bet there's a number of others who also don't understand but are afraid to ask!  :011:).

So, don't be a stranger.

Steve_orino

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on May 03, 2010, 04:30:44 PM
Steve Orino please dont get Thai currie confused with a proper Ruby (Indian curry) as it's completely differant and no where near as good. It makes me realise how lucky i am that i could ring about 15 /20 Curry houses and get it delivered to my house within the hour.

There ya go Fred, thanks for that - I wasn't quite sure if there was indeed a difference. 

Funny though, I consider myself lucky with all the Mexican restaurants around!   :54:
@Borino09

Steve_orino

Quote from: Logicalman on May 03, 2010, 05:27:08 PM
Judy,
Good on you for trying.  Honestly, if you don't understand something, just ask (I'll bet there's a number of others who also don't understand but are afraid to ask!  :011:).
So, don't be a stranger.

Better not to understand than be ridiculed, like could happen on the Fulham Official MB - "Offal" or "Awful". 

If you don't understand though, just ask, folks here are pretty patient and willing to explain - I know from experience...My favorite quesion I ever asked was whether or not Fulham could/should keep Craven Cottage and the heartfelt posts were more than convincing!
@Borino09

Steve_orino

You mentioned you follow FC D some.  We do as well--albeit somewhat casually.  Did you see watch the game Saturday night against the Revs?  Oh my gosh!!! So painful to watch.  The whole family was screaming at the TV.  First, Sala's gaffe...and then, about a thousand and one wasted chances.  arggh.  Still winless.

I don't know if you've seen the stat page but i think the ratio is 60 guys to 1 female so I apologize for my suspicion.  I figured you were but had to ask...Now that you've joined - No more lurking!   :047:

I do follow FCD but much like you said, only casually.  It's a sad fact but I'm able to watch more Fulham games than FCD games so even though they're local, I don't keep up with them as much.  I missed their game from Saturday night...and it sounds as if it was one to watch.  It was the Missus' birthday and we were celebrating with friends and family.
@Borino09

AmericanJames

To somewhat divert the conversation from curry and such. what stadium that you have been to has had the best food, I kno the boys over in London enjoy a pie and even a prawn sandwich occasionally, and while i was at the cottage on of the best foot long hot dogs I have ever had the opportunity to enjoy. At Ford Field home of the NFL's Detroit Lions I have enjoyed some spectacular club sandwiches and while at US Cellular Field in Chicago I enjoyed a tantalizing  bratwurst. What about everyone else?
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

YankeeJim

How about a cold Dodger Dog and a warm beer down at Chavez Revine?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.