chorizo
avocado
onion
jalapeno
monterey jack cheese
sour cream

I'm hungry!!!
That does look good.  :clap_hands:

Disqualified for five ingrediants. I'm goint to have to have an omlette with Chilli in it now, do love chilli, infact i'd say i'd out  eat most of you in a chilli off.  :028:

duffbeer

Finn your choice is indeed a classic.  I'm with Yankee, if you're puttin' in the jalepenos then I would drop peppers for onions.  Still, either way its yummy.  BTW, I'd use cheddar, cheese choice is key.

One concoction I like to make is not quite as hearty but still good for the vegetarian or as change.

Sauteed spinach, garlic, onion, boursin cheese, and a bit of white cheddar.

finnster01

Quote from: duffbeer on November 06, 2010, 02:00:57 AM
Finn your choice is indeed a classic.  I'm with Yankee, if you're puttin' in the jalepenos then I would drop peppers for onions.  Still, either way its yummy.  BTW, I'd use cheddar, cheese choice is key.

One concoction I like to make is not quite as hearty but still good for the vegetarian or as change.

Sauteed spinach, garlic, onion, boursin cheese, and a bit of white cheddar.

Ms Duff & Mr Yankee,
I can see the point in swapping onions for peppers due to the Jalapeno effect. I was thinking red peppers for esthetics's but red/green bell peppers taste more or less the same and quite bland really. Onions probably bring more value to the table. I agree on the cheddar angle (especially if a sharp cheddar is used).

Now I am the last man on earth to speak about vegetarian food, because to me that is not food. Vegetarian is what food eats. In particular, I have a hate relationship with anything containing spinach and/or Brussels sprouts...

Mr Freddy,
The US is the land of chili, and especially down south. I bet Mr & Mrs Hatter can put together a chili that will blow our socks off. There is a smallish food festival here in the middle New York every summer where they bring in 20 something of the best chili cookers in the country (chosen from all these cook-offs) and they put on a great show. For a fixed price you can walk about and sample chili from all of the tents. The only problem is that it only lasts for a weekend...
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Steve_orino

Re: Omelette - 4 ingredients?

Eggs & Cheese
Chorizo
Jalapeno (diced)
Onions (chopped)
Tomatos (chopped)
& if I may add a 5th...as a edible garnish...sprinkle cilantro over the top - Yummy!
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

YankeeJim

So, is an omelette better fried or baked. I like them both ways. I have a great omelette pan that I have about worn out. Simply crack eggs in both sides, add your "fixins", let it start to set than close it up. The eggs come out fluffy & its warm through out.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

pettyfog

Quote from: YankeeJim on November 06, 2010, 05:33:45 PM
So, is an omelette better fried or baked. I like them both ways. I have a great omelette pan that I have about worn out.
Baked? hey... Isn't that really a Quiche?  And you know what they say about 'Real Men' and Quiche....
QuoteSimply crack eggs in both sides, add your "fixins", let it start to set than close it up. The eggs come out fluffy & its warm through out.
Just crack the eggs into... ???  Personally, I apply a fork or wire whisk.. otherwise it aint an omelette.
But I know what you mean about the omelette pan.  They come out pretty as hell. Had one years back but it's yet another pan. 
And you destroy the presentation, anyway.

YankeeJim

I would assume that the eggs are scrambled. Otherwise, its not an omelette which was the topic. The baking comes from closing the pan, not actually putting it in the oven.

Real men? I once baked a quiche, wearing a pink shirt & a Mets hat in the left field bleachers at Wrigley & kept a Mets home run ball. Don't talk to me about real men!  :028:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

duffbeer

Mr. Finn, you dont like spinach!  What would Popeye say?   :yellow:

finnster01

Quote from: duffbeer on November 08, 2010, 08:50:17 PM

I know. It is a bit embarrassing and maybe Popeye wants to give me a spanking, but I never took a liking to the stuff. I have actually grown to like broccoli though, but that was a bit of a long march also. I guess me and veg do not play very well together.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: finnster01 on November 08, 2010, 11:54:28 PM
Quote from: duffbeer on November 08, 2010, 08:50:17 PM

I know. It is a bit embarrassing and maybe Popeye wants to give me a spanking, but I never took a liking to the stuff. I have actually grown to like broccoli though, but that was a bit of a long march also. I guess me and veg do not play very well together.

Next time your in Blighty Finnster try Sag Aloo, basically bombay potato in spinich, i wasn't keen on spinach untill i tried this, but i have it nearly every curry now.

Logicalman

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on November 05, 2010, 07:12:26 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on November 05, 2010, 05:17:14 AM
Based on our resident sausage expert on his post on the main board who seems to have branched out into omelets, I pose the question: If you could make any omelet using any 4 ingredients what would that be? (I have excluded eggs and cheese as it would hardly be an omelet without it)

So my 4 would be:
Ham
Peppers
Mushroom
and Jalapeños (to wake up properly)

That would be a feast.

What is your choice?

My mum does one with bacon, fried spuds,onions and Mushrooms and it's the Dogs , actually she also has tomatoe but that obviously makes five.

Hey Fred,
We have a small diner downtown, Cindys, that does something like what your mum does, and they call it Garbage. They spice it up a little with pepper, etc, but basically its the ingredients you said. Def the dogs though, abs delish.

AmericanJames

Omelet ingredients
crumbled breakfast sausage cooked in the pan before you do the eggs, leaves a great bit of grease and adds flavor to the eggs
salsa of the hot variety
feta cheese, adds the perfect balance

really thats all you need
add some tabasco sauce when you're done and serve w/ a side a hash browns and toast
a possibly a beer :beer: ( how i get up to watch fulham sat mornings after a long night of drinking on friday night... dont judge me)
perfect way to start a lazy saturday
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

TheDaddy

I like to add tomatos,potatoe ,worsechester sauce and sorry Fred spinach.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

AmericanJames

Sorry to steal away from the omlet talk, but the couple times i've been to london i was lucky enough to enjoy some fantastic ale, a couple of them i have been able to find stateside. really all but Fullers ESB... well that was until today when i popped into my local stare and by god they had a new brew and it happened to be Fullers sans to say i stocked up and had a wonderful evening
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

finnster01

Quote from: AmericanJames on December 02, 2010, 06:41:38 AM
Sorry to steal away from the omlet talk, but the couple times i've been to london i was lucky enough to enjoy some fantastic ale, a couple of them i have been able to find stateside. really all but Fullers ESB... well that was until today when i popped into my local stare and by god they had a new brew and it happened to be Fullers sans to say i stocked up and had a wonderful evening
Good man!!  :beer: :beer:
And for those less fortunate than James and myself, check out this link and you may be surprised at what is in your neighbourhood:
http://www.fullers-ales.com/esb.php
Just flip them an email with your zip code and ask if they have a distributor in the area

FC Silver Fox

I'm a bit late coming to this omelette debate (do spell it properly, you colonial chaps).  I suggest a quite runny omelette and just smoked salmon. A dash of lemon  is optional.
Serve with lightly toasted bread (whichever type suits you) and a glass of chilled sauvignon. 

Heaven on earth.     Bet that gets Finnster slobbering all over his keyboard.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

FC Silver Fox

Chorizo and chick pea stew.

I tried this recipe recently and it is brilliantly exotic, very quick to make and you can have the ingredients handy in your kitchen as a handy backup for an instant dinner party meal.
Do include the dried apricots that Nigella puts as optional.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/chorizo_and_chickpea_29607
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on December 10, 2010, 01:54:29 PM
I'm a bit late coming to this omelette debate (do spell it properly, you colonial chaps).  I suggest a quite runny omelette and just smoked salmon. A dash of lemon  is optional.
Serve with lightly toasted bread (whichever type suits you) and a glass of chilled sauvignon. 

Heaven on earth.     Bet that gets Finnster slobbering all over his keyboard.
Runny omelettes are wrong so is Smoked salmon, it must be them silly French who think they have the best food in the World but are mightily wrong  giving you a bad influence.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on December 10, 2010, 01:58:12 PM
Chorizo and chick pea stew.

I tried this recipe recently and it is brilliantly exotic, very quick to make and you can have the ingredients handy in your kitchen as a handy backup for an instant dinner party meal.
Do include the dried apricots that Nigella puts as optional.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/chorizo_and_chickpea_29607
Sounds top draw, but dont include the apricots  :020: