watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ratings vs. WBA

Started by jazz hardrockin, September 15, 2012, 06:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jazz hardrockin

No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

MJG

Quote from: YankeeJim on September 15, 2012, 11:55:51 PM
Todaty was avery interesting match. Who would have thought that a central midfield of Sidwell & Baird would dominate. Berbatov seem to me to be walking through the motions but he was in the midst of every attack and even played a little defense topped by a nifty steal in our left back area. What I mistook for a saturday afternoon stroll was a classy, professional footballer that wasted no effort & glided with grace all over the pitch. He will be a joy to watch this season. The K man wasf fantastic and will likely spakr interest come January. Reither was the best of the solid back four. Duffers seems to be having fun because he certainly tortured every red shirt he came up against. Baird was a rock in the center but my MOTM is Sidwell. He provided the link in the attack we have been missing and won many  50-50 balls.
My old man used 'Walking' as a term about how Berbatov played. 'He just walked into the right positions' is what he said. He just seems to glide on the pitch and yesterday it all worked for him. And to be fair he did his bit of defending as well.

Burt

Berbatov is one of those players who glides and drifts, and as a good reader of what is going on around him he anticipates next moves and generally ends up in the right place in good time. He's a canny lad, and the club probably made the signing of the season with that one.

Burt

Hugo seems to divide opinion on here...

When his understanding of his teammates kicks in, he is going to be a real handful. He showed enough of that potential yesterday. He played well, was busy, at the heart of things, was not afraid to have a go. It was the first time I have seen him this season, and I thought he did well.

Peabody

It would be interesting to hear why the original poster has given his ratings. Maybe he saw things differently from where he watched the match. I am not going to give a rating because I just dont do that but from my view in The Riverside I thought CB was mom, closely followed by Steve Sidwell and Brede.

malcbridger

Schwarzer - 6
Riise - 7
Hangeland - 7
Hughes - 7
Riether - 7
Baird -8
Sidwell - 7
Duff - 7
Kacanaclic - 7
Berbatov - 8
Rodallega - 6

epsomraver

Quote from: Peabody on September 16, 2012, 08:57:32 AM
It would be interesting to hear why the original poster has given his ratings. Maybe he saw things differently from where he watched the match. I am not going to give a rating because I just dont do that but from my view in The Riverside I thought CB was mom, closely followed by Steve Sidwell and Brede.

Agree but I would put duff in third, Baird was def MoM.

craig10

I have to say I am pro Rodellga he is a handful and gets in some great positions on the shoulder of the last defender. Does a lot of closing down and even played some tidy through balls (one to Berba in 2nd half was nice)

1 thing I feel WBA let us get away with was the poor distribution IMO of Hughes and Riether at times but Reither moor than made up for it with his over lapping runs beyond Duffers

west kowloon white

Baird was great and a 9 for Jol and his team for getting a depleted side well organised..plus a 9  for Berbatov hope it lasts...

BalDrick

Schwarzer's due an 8 (wasn't that busy but actually made quite a few saves look a lot easier than they were), Berb a 9 and Duffer a 10 (our only player who really operated on the same level as Berb). Rest about right.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

BillNRoc

The wingers DD and AK totally bossed their counterparts, and Berbatov was very impressive; I didn't imagine he had so much left, but he's clearly a top player who gives us a whole new way to score and win. Congratulations to Jol for bringing him in on the final day of the transfer window, he knew what was possible.

Baird and Sidwell deserve all the plaudits being given. Sidwell looked so lost vs West Ham, and like others I've tended to think of Baird as "just" a squad player. Silly me. Obviously, playing 11 v 10 for so long made it easier on our mids, but our possession and passing stats must be stratospheric.

So we've shown twice what we can do at the Cottage; how well can we do away?