watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Home 8-0 v Away 6-2

Started by Jimpav, September 15, 2012, 07:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

I'm writing the two away matches off as neither are happy hunting ground but home form is music to season ticket holders ears and suggets the Thames Barrier is bearing up. Would love to see 3 points from our next away match.

If we can end our travel sickness this season (and I think that Jol could be the man with a cure) then we'll be jostling for a European spot.

Of our squad it's only Davies left from the Cookie era so no excuse for past maladies haunting us.

Onwards and upwards for Martin Jols B&W army!

HatterDon

Love the plus four GD :fireworks:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

whiteburp

i used to smile at some american posters when they suggested we should have a different strategy for away games.playing players that want to give 100% to get recognised and further there careers,a kind of probables and possibles scenario.i guess this was suggested at a time when we had nothing to lose regarding our away form.we know its not done not put our strongest team.but it is another mentality and worth a thought for certain away games.and feel sure it it will have a different impact than league cup.

MJG

I often said thar about away games. Drop all the players who were at the club when we were shocking away from home. It might have been stoke away or somewhere last year when we had 9 or 10 of the starting lineup had been here for 3 or more years. They had/have that mentally about losing away.

A team with Kasami/Frei/Kaca/Trotta/Briggs/ etc are not really tainted by the away form.
Anyway its not going to happen but there were times whine I think a different tactic was required.