watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Doomsday has arrived

Started by Rupert, September 15, 2012, 08:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rupert

And, I have to say, as doomsdays go it was a bit of a damp squib. And I should know, having seen several in my time.
Did the asteroid miss in Armageddon? Did it? Well, yes it did, but only because Bruce Willis blew himself up, and I didn't see Bruce on the pitch today (though, thinking about it, the ref was bald and Bruce is bald...hmm).
Okay, The Day After Tomorrow, now there was a Doomsday worthy of the name, it's not that often you see Mount Everest swamped by a tidal wave, is it? Or 2012, with California falling into the sea, but they cancelled the London Olympics in that (this was before California fell into the sea, you understand, or they would probably have called them off earlier as a mark of respect), so it was all obviously made up as we've already had them, and California is still here.

So, Doomsday for Fulham, and what do we do? We only go and blimming well win 3-0, don't we? Talk about not living up to expectations. I mean, didn't anyone tell the team that without Ruiz, Richardson, Diarra, Frei, Dejagah and Davies in midfield, We Were Doomed? It certainly didn't look like it today, did it? We even had yet another Fulham Academy starlet make his debut, when is the last time we had seven of them do that in thirteen months?
No doubt we will face sterner tests than West Brom, though as others have noted, their start to the season has not been too shabby, but we will also get key personnel back, though some might find it a bit of a struggle getting their places back at this rate.

Doomed? I think not.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Lighthouse

Ah for us the War is over Fritz. Fritz did you hear something? Fritz? Fritz? Oh God Fritz has been shot from a snipers bullet.

Just because it wasn't Doomsday today doesn't mean it wont be tomorrow.  fp.gif 064.gif
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope