watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I take back what I said about Sidwell after West Ham

Started by The Rock, September 15, 2012, 09:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

The team was a mess on the day. Sidwell is a very solid defensive midfielder. Very excited to see what happens when he (or Baird is great too) pair with an attacking CM, the Greek, or Ruiz.

Max Headroom

Sidwell was fantastic today! Completely ran he show!

YankeeJim

Today went a long way to easing my mind about our mdfield.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

ron

"They can't score when you've got the ball" they say. The possession percentages of today's game say a lot about the effectiveness of our midfield !

Lighthouse

But we played with two up front and no Diarra. What does that mean for Diarra and playing with a different formation? Poor old Jol. A make shift set up today with all the injury problems and yet Sidwell plays his best game of the season. Who would be the manager?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MasterHaynes

I had the feeling at the end of last season that over the next few years we could replace Everton at the top of the rest section of the premier league outside of the top 5. The transfer window didn't make it go away, losing Dembele was a blow as You could see Jol had based our system for this season around Dembele, but overall I thought our squad was hugely improved in quality and depth over the summer with the dealings we had, though many were questioning this, some even the signing of Berbatov?

Jol showed last season that he is tactically aware soI was confident that he would change and adapt our style for the new players and get it right eventually, hopefully be end of November early December but did not imagine it would be done practically overnight, or just how much our old guard would rise to the challenge and step up their performances to challenge for a place in the first eleven.

I have the same good feeling as I had at the end of last season that we will beat our record points tally and have a real shot at qualifying outright for Europe without relying on the fair play league (though only 1 booking in 4 games is impressive). We proved last season that we are comfortable playing top 5 teams and are a tight knit group and although players have left and others joined everything coming out of Motspur park sounds like they are happy united and tight knit squad committed to the clubs success, despite all the competition for places, long may this continue.
I just hope the board are already working on extending Jol's contract for another 3-4 years to carry on the project as I can forsee a lot of clubs becoming interested in him before end of this season

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: ron on September 16, 2012, 12:19:18 AM
"They can't score when you've got the ball" they say. The possession percentages of today's game say a lot about the effectiveness of our midfield !

Also some Interest fact from the Guardian  

• Albion have scored three goals in their past 13 visits to Fulham and have not won at Craven Cottage since October 1967

• Fulham have the best shooting accuracy (80%) in the division this season

• All six of the league goals Fulham have conceded in 2012-13 have come in the first half of matches

• Damien Duff will be making his 350th appearance in the top flight

I always liked Sidwell thought he was a great prospect hoped he would sign before he went to Reading and when No 23 left, he would be a great replacement as a box to box player.  He went to Chelsea and lost his way. Hopfully,  he has found it again.