watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brazil '14 Mascot

Started by HatterDon, September 17, 2012, 02:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Evidently the Brazlians have chosen an armadillo as the official mascot of the World Cup in 2014. They don't have a name for it yet. It's supposedly an endangered species in that country. It's relatively plentiful in my part of the world and is used primarily to test the resiliance of tires [tyres] on large trucks [lorries] as they like to commit suicide on the roads here.

At first I thought it was strange that an armored, slow-moving modern-day dinosaur would be selected to represent a football [soccer] event, but then I remembered that one of the unique things about the animal is that, when it is touched, it rolls into a ball and doesn't move. On that basis, I suggest they name it Suarez.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Senior Supporter

Quote from: HatterDon on September 17, 2012, 02:14:59 PM
Evidently the Brazlians have chosen an armadillo as the official mascot of the World Cup in 2014. They don't have a name for it yet. It's supposedly an endangered species in that country. It's relatively plentiful in my part of the world and is used primarily to test the resiliance of tires [tyres] on large trucks [lorries] as they like to commit suicide on the roads here.

At first I thought it was strange that an armored, slow-moving modern-day dinosaur would be selected to represent a football [soccer] event, but then I remembered that one of the unique things about the animal is that, when it is touched, it rolls into a ball and doesn't move. On that basis, I suggest they name it Suarez.

I didn't realise they were used to test tyres. I suppose that's where the song "Is this the road to Armadillo?" comes from.  :Get Coat gif:

MOR :

aFFCn_Fan

At first I thought it was strange that an armored, slow-moving modern-day dinosaur would be selected to represent a football [soccer] event
Are you sure its not Sepp Blather himself?
@hincharoo

Rupert

There's a television series called "Life after People," or something like that, which looks at what could happen to the world if all humans disappeared overnight (no specific cause is given for this), and one of them featured the armadillo in Texas. Basically, it will rule that part of the world after us.
Florida, on he other hand, gets over-run by huge snakes which gobble up all the alligators, which has started to happen already, but man keeps the snakes (escaped/released pets) down.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Nero

Looks like Gary Brazil to me

domprague

Where's that?
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

HatterDon

Quote from: domprague on September 20, 2012, 10:52:54 AM

Where's that?

Where's what?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Rupert

Quote from: HatterDon on September 20, 2012, 01:19:37 PM
Quote from: domprague on September 20, 2012, 10:52:54 AM

Where's that?

Where's what?

Brazil, maybe?

Somewhere south of Dover, isn't it?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.