more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Zamora's best 11 he has played with on SSN....interesting read for us

Started by cottage cheese, September 17, 2012, 02:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cottage cheese

GOALKEEPER - Joe Hart

We've just signed Julio Cesar at QPR. I haven't played a proper game with him yet, but in training he's been very different to most goalkeepers I've played with. He's already thrown in a couple of Cruyffs on Andy Johnson and sent him for pie and chips. Yesterday he took one on the chest and lobbed one over my head to one of the centre-halves. At the minute I'm going for Joe Hart, but if you ask me in a couple of weeks it could be this new guy.

RIGHT-BACK - Chris Baird

His delivery is second to none as a right-back. As a striker and target man, having a good ball played up to you is important and makes your life easier. He's certainly spot on at that

CENTRAL DEFENCE - Ledley King and John Terry

These are two lads I played with in Sunday League football! I've known them a long time and they've both had great careers. They're both centre-halves that I've not had great times against!

LEFT-BACK - Ashley Cole

Everybody knows how good he is and I was lucky enough to play against him as a kid and play with him for England.

RIGHT MIDFIELD - Damien Duff

At Fulham he was probably one of the best players and the best connections I've had. I used to love showing up for him and him coming in and playing it to my feet. I'd bounce it back to him and he'd have a shot. It was so straightforward and seemed to make football so easy.

CENTRAL MIDFIELD - Javier Mascherano and Steve Sidwell

I think I want ball-winners in there, proper bosses! I'm toying between Steve Sidwell and Scott Parker, two proper tough-tackling central midfielders. One that I'm definitely going to have is Javier Mascherano, who is a world-class player and I'm going to go for Sidwell. Scotty P, sorry mate! I'm definitely going to get a clout from him next time we play!

LEFT MIDFIELD - Moussa Dembele

A very talented player and I'm sure that at Spurs he'll come out and shine even more than he has done at Fulham. Off the pitch he's very quiet and a very nice lad so I've got my fingers crossed that he can go on to the next level.

STRIKERS - Robbie Keane and Carlos Tevez

Robbie Keane is a very special player. I learned a lot from him as a young lad and seeing him train and play was very special. Another would be Teddy Sheringham, who is magnificent. When I was at West Ham he was coming towards the end of his career and I learned a lot from him. He's so calm on the ball and doesn't seem to give it away. He's a very intelligent player - he wasn't the quickest or the strongest - but he read the game so well. I'd have him on the bench and hopefully he'd do a job for me coming off the bench. I'll have Carlos Tevez up front for me with Robbie Keane. Not the greatest body in the world, but what a player!

rusty shackleford

CH FFC

jmh

It's uncharacteristically humble for him not to include himself in the best 11.

twang

Quote from: jmh on September 17, 2012, 04:03:51 PM

Are you saying Bobby plays with himself?

HatterDon

Thanks for posting this. I heard Gentleman Jim refer to this, but wasn't sure where to find it.

I'm wondering if ANY player who has trained and played with him would not be generous in their praise of Dembele. It seems universal.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Alan

Quote from: cottage cheese on September 17, 2012, 02:59:14 PM

CENTRAL MIDFIELD - Steve Sidwell

There's a surprise. Aren't they best mates?

Anyway, with him saying that Parker's going to give him a kick, he'd ought to ask Bullard how it feels...
Why would you kill it, kill it, kill it before it dies?

cottage cheese

Quote from: twang on September 17, 2012, 04:54:15 PM
Quote from: jmh on September 17, 2012, 04:03:51 PM

Are you saying Bobby plays with himself?

really having trouble not to play around with this sentance.. dont think the mods will like it! :011:  :011:

Crita

Quote from: cottage cheese on September 17, 2012, 02:59:14 PM
GOALKEEPER - Joe Hart

We've just signed Julio Cesar at QPR. I haven't played a proper game with him yet, but in training he's been very different to most goalkeepers I've played with. He's already thrown in a couple of Cruyffs on Andy Johnson and sent him for pie and chips.

Can someone explain the idiom "sent him for pie and chips" to me?

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Berserker

Sorry misread that, it's Cruyff's, still don't know what that a couple of those are either!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Crita

Quote from: Berserker on September 18, 2012, 07:36:33 AM
I don't even know what a couple of crufts are!

ha ha ha, neither did I at first! I figured it was some type of skill or trick move, and I found this:

The famous Cruyff turn

Little did I know, I'd been doing them for years and not known the name  :015:

HatterDon

Quote from: Crita on September 18, 2012, 07:42:42 AM

ha ha ha, neither did I at first! I figured it was some type of skill or trick move, and I found this:

The famous Cruyff turn

sigh. Some of you guys are so young. Or is it that I'm so  092.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: HatterDon on September 18, 2012, 04:12:11 PM

The famous Cruyff turn

I learnt this when I was 10 in a Brazilian Training Campthingy, used it all the time at a young age
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

DiegoFulham

@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

Crita

Quote from: HatterDon on September 18, 2012, 04:12:11 PM

The famous Cruyff turn

A little of column A, a little of column B  :wink: