watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next 3 games ....

Started by MrFFC, September 17, 2012, 03:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterHaynes

Hoping for more but I really think we need 6 points, beating both Southampton and Wigan. These are two teams that will most likely be in the relegation scrap at the end, beating both, even at this early stage will help us avoid getting dragged down into it in November when we have 5 very tough games.

It's possible we could end up with just a couple or even no points from the fixtures in November going into December - our proverbial bad month for results. Would like to celebrate the occassional new year without worrying about our position.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Burt on September 17, 2012, 08:26:14 PM
If West Ham was anything to go by there is nothing to suggest that we have turned a corner with our away form. I am normally so-o-o positive but if we drew all three matches then I would actually be quite happy with that.

One feature, though, is that we are winning our home games more convincingly than ever so I feel we could have a breakthrough in the near future. Let's hope it starts at Wigan.

ALFI

I am not worried about our away form this year. With the likes of Berba and Karagounis we should be a lot better away from home.

Usually the issue is the mentality of the players. Most of the mid/low table teams and players are afraid to try and control the game away from home, while top teams do it all the time. But this could change when having players with so many games on top level. All we need is more ball possession, composure, passing ... etc. And our young players should just follow their example (which according to some interviews they are already doing).

I could be wrong, but next 2 away games will probably give us the answer.

I am optimistic:
2 wins and a draw (7)
or 1 win and 2 draws (5)

Texas White

Quote from: Berba No:9 on September 18, 2012, 05:39:26 AM
9. Watch this space
Nothing wrong with some serious optimisim. We can all dream of of 9 and hope for 6.

Aaron

You can take absolutely nothing for granted with us on our travels to be honest..  Two of the relegation favourites they may be, but if we play like we did at West Ham we will get nothing.

I'm going to say 3 points, maybe 4 at a push but would be utterly delighted to see us win two away games on the trot.

Count Berbatov

Quote from: MikeR on September 18, 2012, 01:17:36 PM
Quote from: Berba No:9 on September 18, 2012, 05:39:26 AM
9. Watch this space
We've never won four in a row since we've been in the PL, but we're going to pull it off now by winning two road games and beating the champions?
Way to go, that's the spirit!
Seriously though, I am not a Fulham supporter. I am a big Berba fan. I have watched you play through the years and if there's one thing I know is how tough you've been at home, no matter who you play. Man City are on the back of an exhausting trip to Spain and a defeat to Real. Frankly, they have a big squad, but you've got to get out of the group of mediocre teams who poo themselves only by the thought of playing the big boys
The 2 away games are against teams that are equal or weaker than you. You need self belief. Hope Berba helps the team with his composure and calmness. If you win your first away trip, I bet you, you'll take the other 2
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"