watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next 3 games ....

Started by MrFFC, September 17, 2012, 03:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFFC

How many points can we get? I think 5 would be a great return as 2 away games at Wigan and Southampton who will both be up for it and a home game against the champions is tough. We have goals in our side anything under 4 points would be hugely disappointing ....
Come on you Whites!! :)

jelmo

4 would be a pretty good return. Cant see us beating Wigan & Southampton but beating one or the other is a realisting target.

I dont think we can honestly expect to get anything from the Man City game. A point would be an excellent return from that game but I think they have too much quality to realistically expect anything other than a loss.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: MrFFC on September 17, 2012, 03:48:15 PM
How many points can we get? I think 5 would be a great return as 2 away games at Wigan and Southampton who will both be up for it and a home game against the champions is tough. We have goals in our side anything under 4 points would be hugely disappointing ....

I'd rate 4 pts as quite a good haul considering our away record over the years. Having been bitten by the over zealousness bug on multiple occasions after a good home result, I refuse to be taken in once more and will keep expectations low for away matches until I see a reason to do otherwise.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

cottage cheese

I may be killed for this but we have a habit of losing to promoted teams and I fear southampton will be added to that list. Out of the three that is the game I fear the most!

Sounds really stupid but I guess that years of supporting fulham that makes me worry about going to promoted teams away

Steve_orino

I remember Hull Away a couple years back.  Didn't we lose to Swansea Away early last year?

Will take 4 points & hope for 6, maybe even 7...
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

cottage cheese

Quote from: Steve_orino on September 17, 2012, 04:31:30 PM
I remember Hull Away a couple years back.  Didn't we lose to Swansea Away early last year?

Will take 4 points & hope for 6, maybe even 7...

Plus they have no points etc...I can see it already!  AND I bet we get a point from city

HatterDon

A to Wigan - 3 points
H to Man City - 1 point
A to Southampton - 1 point

That would be 11 from 7, and that's a VERY good start by Fulham standards.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

tomcolemanfry

Aim for 7 points. We can beat Wigan and Southampton, hope for a point against City.

cookie123

3 From wigan for sure and 3 from southampton
Dont expect the lads to get anything from city so i reckon 6 pts is great!

Burt

If West Ham was anything to go by there is nothing to suggest that we have turned a corner with our away form. I am normally so-o-o positive but if we drew all three matches then I would actually be quite happy with that.

CH FFC

Everyone seems to think that Wigan will be easy, I'm not sure I agree with that.  I think after their loss to ManU, they will believe they can take something more than a point from Fulham.  They haven't looked too bad so far, and could present a tough challenge.

On another note, I feel that FFC has what it takes to get 9 points from the next 3 games.  We did well against Man City last year, and we "should" be able to beat Southampton and Wigan.
I hope for 6 points, but wouldn't be surprised if we did as well as 9!
I would start to wonder if we only got 2 from the next 3 games!

CH FFC

Quote from: Burt on September 17, 2012, 08:26:14 PM
If West Ham was anything to go by there is nothing to suggest that we have turned a corner with our away form. I am normally so-o-o positive but if we drew all three matches then I would actually be quite happy with that.

I have faith that we ARE going to turn a corner and begin getting more points away from home.
There seems to be a healthy bit of competition for most positions, and the youngsters for the most part are going to be playing to impress.

alexbishop

I think we'll get 3 points.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Scrumpy

I reckon we'll get 2 points from the next 3 games. We just don't win away from home - we're a different team altogether.

So we'll grab a draw at Wigan or Saints, and push City close at home.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

jarv

6 points.

I looked at the next 6 games, 14 points if the right team show up. Top 4, here we come.

btings

I'd be happy with 4 or 5, though for some reason I consider 4 or 6 more likely.  We don't feel like a drawing team this year.

Count Berbatov

Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Crita

Anywhere from 1 to 4.

Can't see us losing all 3, but I also can't see us beating Man C, or winning two games on the road. Winning one on the road is a possibility though.

I reckon we'll draw or lose against Wigan, lose to Man C and win or draw against Southampton, hence my prediction of 1 to 4.

And I'd be reasonably happy with that too.

MikeR

Quote from: Berba No:9 on September 18, 2012, 05:39:26 AM
9. Watch this space
We've never won four in a row since we've been in the PL, but we're going to pull it off now by winning two road games and beating the champions?
We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. - H. L. Mencken

bulgariawhite

We now have the opportunity to train a full week with our squad and get some minor injuries sorted with the players. We have shown we can play good football.
I honestly think if the mind set is right, and the managers tactics are right we can get 7 points. Rather than just defend away, why not surprise a few and go with a positive attitude, more than what the opposition expects. It throws their tactics out at least?