more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wigan away

Started by bizarrebaz, September 18, 2012, 09:29:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOR :

Quote from: Northern Cottager on September 19, 2012, 05:13:33 PM
2 of us going. Should be a good one. Anyone any ideas for where the Fulham fans will be congregating prior to kick off?  098.gif

Beside the away turnstiles is an entrance to a bar, specifically for the use of away fans.
It has the usual bar, big screen television and sells pies, as well as teas and coffees. It's a great facility and welcomes families.
It is know as the Marquee Bar as it resembles one inside.

The traditional pub for away fans visiting the DW stadium is the Red Robin, which is only a few minutes walk away from the ground opposite the Cinema Complex.

HatterDon

Quote from: fulhamfootiechick on September 19, 2012, 05:32:57 PM
Fat Fred here. I really fancy this one , anyone driving up from near Northolt with room for one? Obviously i'll chip in for the squirt. Cheers. I can travel to roughly anywhere West london to meet you, Motspur park and Surrey is a no no. Hopefully time for a couple of beers when we get there.

Come on! Help the Fredster out!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

cebu

This video from the club website might help get people in the mood for the Wigan match:

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/september/19/wigan-flashback

Berserker

Doesn't look like i will be able to go as can't persuade Mr B :-(
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Burt

Quote from: Berserker on September 20, 2012, 05:26:17 PM

More training required  :dft011:

Berserker

Quote from: Burt on September 20, 2012, 09:34:47 PM

Thinking about the train option but it's £75 and 4 hours each way, might just go mad and try to drive it there and back

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Berserker on September 20, 2012, 09:39:33 PM

Thinking about the train option but it's £75 and 4 hours each way, might just go mad and try to drive it there and back

Or save yourself for the chaos of December and then West Brom New Year. I thought long and hard about Wigan but practicalities first. City, Saints, Villa, Reading, Everton and the Gooners on the bounce is one hell of a commitment to jobs about the house so I'll be pacing up and down instead. You could allotmenteer for the day after all its got nil nil written all over it? Must catch up about Citeh sometime soonish.

actually 0 - 2 if I had a spare tenner.

Berserker

Quote from: ScalleysDad on September 20, 2012, 10:17:49 PM

Or save yourself for the chaos of December and then West Brom New Year. I thought long and hard about Wigan but practicalities first. City, Saints, Villa, Reading, Everton and the Gooners on the bounce is one hell of a commitment to jobs about the house so I'll be pacing up and down instead. You could allotmenteer for the day after all its got nil nil written all over it? Must catch up about Citeh sometime soonish.

Yes I think your right. There are alot of away games I want to go to around the London area before Christmas, which won't be cheap.  My life long ambition to see Wigan's pier won't be fulfilled this weekend : (

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Berserker on September 20, 2012, 10:43:14 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on September 20, 2012, 10:17:49 PM

Yes I think your right. There are alot of away games I want to go to around the London area before Christmas, which won't be cheap.  My life long ambition to see Wigan's pier won't be fulfilled this weekend : (

Does it really exist though? It will be a flippin high, newsworthy tide if there is one and it is required. Game would probably be off anyway.

fulhamfan

ive heard there is an away car park?

Northern Cottager

Quote from: MOR : on September 19, 2012, 05:58:06 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on September 19, 2012, 05:13:33 PM
2 of us going. Should be a good one. Anyone any ideas for where the Fulham fans will be congregating prior to kick off?  098.gif

Beside the away turnstiles is an entrance to a bar, specifically for the use of away fans.
It has the usual bar, big screen television and sells pies, as well as teas and coffees. It's a great facility and welcomes families.
It is know as the Marquee Bar as it resembles one inside.

The traditional pub for away fans visiting the DW stadium is the Red Robin, which is only a few minutes walk away from the ground opposite the Cinema Complex.

Thanks mate, been Wigan away a few times and have never been there on the pop so hope to see a fair few in fine voice down the Robin or t'Marquee!

daib0

You have got to take your hats off to Wigan (and I'm a Reading fan!) - the premier club making most effort of all to keep season ticket prices down:
http://www.thisnorthernsoul.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=9369.0
A friendly Reading FC fan! Job: CELLO MAN - see extensive web www.johnstone-music.com

jazz hardrockin

ROBERTO MARTINEZ hopes to show Hugo Rodallega what he is missing at Wigan.

The striker, 27, joined Fulham on a free in the summer and returns to the DW Stadium today.

Latics boss Martinez said: "Hugo made his mind up a long time ago that he wanted to respect his contract but then move on. He needed a new challenge.

"We have a very good relationship with Hugo. You have to respect the human being behind the footballer.

"And it was right for him to start a new chapter.

"We've brought in new players and we have new aims now. We've made progress off the field."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4550803/Roberto-Martinez-hopes-Wigan-show-Hugo-Rodallega-what-he-is-missing.html#ixzz279cc71QP
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

RidgeRider

Quote from: daib0 on September 21, 2012, 06:10:45 PM
You have got to take your hats off to Wigan (and I'm a Reading fan!) - the premier club making most effort of all to keep season ticket prices down:
http://www.thisnorthernsoul.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=9369.0

welcome!

RidgeRider

well for all that are making the trip...... :54:  065.gif

Mr_Moon

Does anyone have a spare 2-for-1 ticket for tomorrow? I'll be coming from Liverpool so will only be able to meet at Wigan North West or the DW stadium.