News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why can't people get to the game on time and watch the whole 90+ mins.

Started by Southdowns White, September 18, 2012, 11:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

This is all well and good, but should we telling people how to support their team just because they do it in a different way. I stay to the end but am beyond jumping up and down and this does not make me or anyone else a lesser supporter.

epsomraver

Quote from: Peabody on September 20, 2012, 12:23:31 PM
This is all well and good, but should we telling people how to support their team just because they do it in a different way. I stay to the end but am beyond jumping up and down and this does not make me or anyone else a lesser supporter.

You see less of the game MR P and then have to ask who scored!, it's not right.

domprague

Quote from: rhyspabsolom on September 20, 2012, 04:32:53 AM
Quote from: os5889 on September 19, 2012, 06:42:03 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 19, 2012, 06:38:12 PM
Quote from: os5889 on September 19, 2012, 06:35:31 PM

Why should the boring sods who insist on watching the whole game and sitting the whole way through it without partaking in enjoying the local facilities and having a smoke and pie take precedence?

Because we're the good guys.

Just think football days out are what you make of them, different people enjoy different things. Some people might enjoy ambling in late and having a few beers and pies.

I'm in the opposite trenches because I'm one of the few that cares about the football first and the football culture second. (That's supposed to be less patronising than it reads).

I know it's not exactly the cinema but if you're on the end of a row and have to get up 5 times a half to let someone past, you're missing the football you've paid a substantial amount to see.
The phrase "why should those who insist on watching the football take precedence" just seems odd to me.

+1
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

cottage cheese

Quote from: domprague on September 21, 2012, 03:31:36 PM

Why should the boring sods who insist on watching the whole game and sitting the whole way through it without partaking in enjoying the local facilities and having a smoke and pie take precedence?

Just think football days out are what you make of them, different people enjoy different things. Some people might enjoy ambling in late and having a few beers and pies.

I'm in the opposite trenches because I'm one of the few that cares about the football first and the football culture second. (That's supposed to be less patronising than it reads).

I know it's not exactly the cinema but if you're on the end of a row and have to get up 5 times a half to let someone past, you're missing the football you've paid a substantial amount to see.
The phrase "why should those who insist on watching the football take precedence" just seems odd to me.

+1

Why?
You cant blame people for sitting in the middle of the rows. What so they have to come before you, just to keep you happy? People can do what they like, its their money spent etc..not yours. You may enjoy getting early and sitting down, others like to have a beer and mingle right up to kick off/a few min after.

The point that has been lost is that we all turn up to support and see fulham.

Who cares what people choose to do, its their right not yours. Everyone has a different routine to match days and just because it is different to yours does not make it wrong or less supportive of the team

domprague

Quote from: cottage cheese on September 21, 2012, 04:26:41 PM

+1

Why?
You cant blame people for sitting in the middle of the rows. What so they have to come before you, just to keep you happy? People can do what they like, its their money spent etc..not yours. You may enjoy getting early and sitting down, others like to have a beer and mingle right up to kick off/a few min after.

Who cares what people choose to do, its their right not yours. Everyone has a different routine to match days and just because it is different to yours does not make it wrong or less supportive of the team

But people whose routine includes getting up and going out several times while the match is on are a pain.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

epsomraver

Quote from: cottage cheese on September 21, 2012, 04:26:41 PM

+1

Why?

What a selfish attitude, sod every one , I will come late and make everyone stand up and miss the game THEY have paid to see and then get up and go early for half time then back late again, I'm all right mare f*** every one else, my other Fulham fans

AlbanianWhite

Get there 10 minutes late after dragging ourselves out the pub. Go and get the pie, pint and fag 5 minutes before half time. Arrive 5 minutes late for 2nd half. Leave 5 minutes before the end and straight to the pub. How's that for a slice of fried gold?!
An Albanian is for life, not just for Christmas!

Walsh

I think it's a p!s$ take when people are going for food coming back going to the toilet ect... but standing up when we're through or pushing up with momentum is fine in my honest opinion, there is disabled seats if you struggle to stand up.