News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why can't people get to the game on time and watch the whole 90+ mins.

Started by Southdowns White, September 18, 2012, 11:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King_Crud

we sit on the isle so for half time one of us goes as injury time is called to get the beers in. After the game we hang around and let the crowd go, usually have a beer at the Riverside bar and watch Soccer Saturday to catch the scores. But some people like to beat the rush after the game for whatever reason

JBH

It happens all over the ground, we sit in H6 and if people arrive late we just make a joke of it and ask them to sign the late book or sit on the naughty step for 5 mins!!

I do hate it though when people  leave early when the game is on a knife edge!

epsomraver

Quote from: mr-ska on September 19, 2012, 12:29:44 AM
I sit next to Admin in H1.  We are surrounded by friendly people and we've struck up a good rapport   with them. The thing is...  they arrive 5-10 mins late at the start of the game, go out for half time on about 40 mins and arrive back about 5 mins into the 2nd half. Makes us laugh more than anything, as i said theyre a good crowd. Personally  i dont like to miss a minute..

You wouldn't say that if you missed a goal or an incident while letting this "good crowd" file past you ten minutes in, the air would be black and white, ( was going to say blue but not allowed :015:)

fulhaman

I have never left a game early and have always no matter what the result wanted to clap the team off. But thts just me. I have been at many games where I could of gone early though this season Sheffield Weds being one of them

cmg

Quote from: The Rock on September 19, 2012, 02:20:30 AM
As many know I live in NY and it's always a special time when I come, though am thankfully in on biz every so often... but I find it very difficult wherever I come to watch the entire 90 minutes. I am in the seat for 80-83 mins it seems or so. Here is why:

1. I see people/friends/Fulham friends I haven't seen and need to chat. Or need to show them around.
2. Toilet, especially at halftime. Always a wait.
3. Beer at halftime, end up talking at the start of the second half with others that are late or the stewards.
4. Caught at the pub and was late in leaving, though since the herd no longer favours the Lion I have not had this problem so much.
5. Need to have a religious moment of thankfulness for being able to attend another match once again.
6. Need to have a religious moment admiring Bishop's Park.
7. Need to have a religious moment admiring Bishop's Park toilets.
8. Need to get my tix as everyone else I am with has season tickets and I have mine waiting on the gate and revert to #4 then waiting on the gate, though the queue moves quick or at least I have found this much.
9. Need to take pictures. The same ones I took last time.
10. BUT - I am usually the last to leave waaaay after the match as I need to have a religious experience at Craven Cottage even if by myself until the stewards kick me out. And I am fine with this as it makes up the 5 odd minutes I might miss along the way being able to soak in the last of my time at the ground until the next time.

Excellent. Don't spend too much time on No. 7. These things can be misinterpreted; we have enough trouble with one of our nicknames as it is.

The Equalizer

Quote from: epsomraver on September 18, 2012, 11:57:51 AM
Does not explain late back for second half or leaving 10 minutes before the end.

Have you ever queued for food at CC? I went down to get a pie at half time at the Norwich game in the JH stand, I was 4th in line in the queue. The second half started as soon as I got upstairs! 12 minutes queueing for food with only 3 people in front of me?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

epsomraver

Never buy food at the ground, not that affluent for that :011:  joking aside, when I had a season ticket the bloke next to me would every game arrive late, go early at half time and always come back stinking of fags 10 minutes into the game in the JH stand.there is no excuse for this, week in week out.

David_Keating

must admit sometimes have to be self-dragged out of the bar so end up couple of minutes late but have an aisle seat and get on well with some of the older timers around me, so I don't think I disturb them too much.

mr-ska

Quote from: epsomraver on September 19, 2012, 09:41:51 AM
I sit next to Admin in H1.  We are surrounded by friendly people and we've struck up a good rapport   with them. The thing is...  they arrive 5-10 mins late at the start of the game, go out for half time on about 40 mins and arrive back about 5 mins into the 2nd half. Makes us laugh more than anything, as i said theyre a good crowd. Personally  i dont like to miss a minute..

You wouldn't say that if you missed a goal or an incident while letting this "good crowd" file past you ten minutes in, the air would be black and white, ( was going to say blue but not allowed :015:)
ha ha  yeah i wouldnt be too pleased, the funny thing is, for our first 2 matches this season Admin has got up and gone to the loo  when we've scored!!  I want to send him back and forth so we can increase our goal tally!

leonffc

Are they the ones that wind me up when I sit there?
On one occaision they arrived 20 minutes late, the young lad spent the rest of the half slagging Shwartzer off saying he was shocking and finished (right before he pulled off an amazing save - cue me and loads of praise for MS), they came back 10 mins after half time and left 10 mins before the whistle.
They were only there for half the game the other time I used your seat too. Seems a bit odd to me.

mr-ska

Quote from: leonffc on September 19, 2012, 06:08:11 PM

Are they the ones that wind me up when I sit there?
On one occaision they arrived 20 minutes late, the young lad spent the rest of the half slagging Shwartzer off saying he was shocking and finished (right before he pulled off an amazing save - cue me and loads of praise for MS), they came back 10 mins after half time and left 10 mins before the whistle.
They were only there for half the game the other time I used your seat too. Seems a bit odd to me.
Yeah thats them..  the young guy has been quiet this year..  still coming in late, probably not drinking as much lol

Berserker

Quote from: mr-ska on September 19, 2012, 02:34:07 PM
I sit next to Admin in H1.  We are surrounded by friendly people and we've struck up a good rapport   with them. The thing is...  they arrive 5-10 mins late at the start of the game, go out for half time on about 40 mins and arrive back about 5 mins into the 2nd half. Makes us laugh more than anything, as i said theyre a good crowd. Personally  i dont like to miss a minute..

ha ha  yeah i wouldnt be too pleased, the funny thing is, for our first 2 matches this season Admin has got up and gone to the loo  when we've scored!!  I want to send him back and forth so we can increase our goal tally!

A goal is scored usually when I'm in the loo, I try to work out if it's us or them by the stamping of feet above my head. 
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: Berserker on September 19, 2012, 06:20:09 PM
Quote from: mr-ska on September 19, 2012, 02:34:07 PM
I sit next to Admin in H1.  We are surrounded by friendly people and we've struck up a good rapport   with them. The thing is...  they arrive 5-10 mins late at the start of the game, go out for half time on about 40 mins and arrive back about 5 mins into the 2nd half. Makes us laugh more than anything, as i said theyre a good crowd. Personally  i dont like to miss a minute..

A goal is scored usually when I'm in the loo, I try to work out if it's us or them by the stamping of feet above my head. 

Jezzz  B you give whoman a bad name ................go before the game starts , if you want a drink bring it with you in a fanta bottle ....put the lid in you sock  security

os5889

My 5 pence worth, if wanted which it probably wasnt but I'll put my waders on anyway and drop it in because I feel like it.

The people wandering in late/leaving early/standing up paid the same amount for their seat as you did. If they want to miss some of the action for what ever circumstance they can do whatever they want.

Why should the boring sods who insist on watching the whole game and sitting the whole way through it without partaking in enjoying the local facilities and having a smoke and pie take precedence?

TonyGilroy

Quote from: os5889 on September 19, 2012, 06:35:31 PM

Why should the boring sods who insist on watching the whole game and sitting the whole way through it without partaking in enjoying the local facilities and having a smoke and pie take precedence?

Because we're the good guys.

os5889

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 19, 2012, 06:38:12 PM

I'll just add I always get to the game on time and make sure Im back in my seat before the second half starts and stay till the end each week.

Just think football days out are what you make of them, different people enjoy different things. Som people might enjoy ambling in late and having a few beers and pies.

I think the club would like them more too as they are lining the club coffers, and Im sure they love the tourists who pay twice as much for a seat twice as much as they love us!

RidgeRider

Quote from: os5889 on September 19, 2012, 06:42:03 PM

I'll just add I always get to the game on time and make sure Im back in my seat before the second half starts and stay till the end each week.

Just think football days out are what you make of them, different people enjoy different things. Som people might enjoy ambling in late and having a few beers and pies.

I think the club would like them more too as they are lining the club coffers, and Im sure they love the tourists who pay twice as much for a seat twice as much as they love us!

plus some supporters (two I know of actually,  one's handle on this board starts with 'OS' and another rhymes with 'The Proctor') also may show up late trying to help a gimp get through Bishops Park who can't walk faster than a snail because he has to walk with a cane and is 'hopped up' on Vic and Ibu just to move. Two top chaps in my book for helping a fellow Fulham fan get to the Cottage on time and never complaining once about the pace  ;)

rhyspabsolom

Quote from: os5889 on September 19, 2012, 06:42:03 PM

Just think football days out are what you make of them, different people enjoy different things. Some people might enjoy ambling in late and having a few beers and pies.

I'm in the opposite trenches because I'm one of the few that cares about the football first and the football culture second. (That's supposed to be less patronising than it reads).

I know it's not exactly the cinema but if you're on the end of a row and have to get up 5 times a half to let someone past, you're missing the football you've paid a substantial amount to see.
The phrase "why should those who insist on watching the football take precedence" just seems odd to me.

Burt

There will always be late-comers, ever the way, for a variety of reasons.

Burt Jr. without fail always has to go to the loo on or around the 74th minute. Strange bowel habits, that son of mine...

I have never left a game early. Even when Oldham were beating us 3-0, and York 4-0, and we were playing as poorly as you can imagine (especially in those days) I would stick it out to the bitter end.

Burt Jr. has got used to that now. He always wanted to "beat the rush" but has given up trying to get me out early.

domprague

Quote from: The Rock on September 19, 2012, 02:20:30 AM
As many know I live in NY and it's always a special time when I come, though am thankfully in on biz every so often... but I find it very difficult wherever I come to watch the entire 90 minutes. I am in the seat for 80-83 mins it seems or so. Here is why:

1. I see people/friends/Fulham friends I haven't seen and need to chat. Or need to show them around.
2. Toilet, especially at halftime. Always a wait.
3. Beer at halftime, end up talking at the start of the second half with others that are late or the stewards.
4. Caught at the pub and was late in leaving, though since the herd no longer favours the Lion I have not had this problem so much.
5. Need to have a religious moment of thankfulness for being able to attend another match once again.
6. Need to have a religious moment admiring Bishop's Park.
7. Need to have a religious moment admiring Bishop's Park toilets.
8. Need to get my tix as everyone else I am with has season tickets and I have mine waiting on the gate and revert to #4 then waiting on the gate, though the queue moves quick or at least I have found this much.
9. Need to take pictures. The same ones I took last time.
10. BUT - I am usually the last to leave waaaay after the match as I need to have a religious experience at Craven Cottage even if by myself until the stewards kick me out. And I am fine with this as it makes up the 5 odd minutes I might miss along the way being able to soak in the last of my time at the ground until the next time.

Love it!
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.