News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why can't people get to the game on time and watch the whole 90+ mins.

Started by Southdowns White, September 18, 2012, 11:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southdowns White

I am a season ticket holder in the Hammersmith end but on Saturday i took my Children for the first time and sat in the Putney end directly behind the goal about half way up great seats.The only problem was, People were still arriving after 30 minutes and people left with 15 minutes to go aswell as the hotdog beer brigade before and after halftime. Although not to the same degree this also happens in the Hammersmith end, two or three people in my row are always 10 minutes late, get out for their half time beer before the end of the first half come back late for the second half and then bugger off early regardless of the score or opponents.  If this is you, unless you have a disability or it's once in a blue moon, Why do you bother comming?

epsomraver

got to say that I agree with you 100% plus WHY do people in front who have a perfectly good view of the game have to jump up everytime the ball comes towards our end? i have a dodgy knee made worse by muppets standing and having to keep going up and down like a jack in the box ( polite description , ladies of the nights underwear more apt) and I saw none of the Sidwell goal although I am 6 foot :dft007:

domprague

This is what I said about the Riverside on this board at the weekend and got my head bitten off. I totally agree with you.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: domprague on September 18, 2012, 11:22:50 AM
This is what I said about the Riverside on this board at the weekend and got my head bitten off. I totally agree with you.

I agree as well but that's not what happens around me in the Riverside.

I'd guess that Block Z is not primarily ST and is part of the overflow for cheap sales to non supporters. I'm glad they come but wouldn't want to be sitting amongst them.

ClarksOriginal

I wouldn't go in the Putney end full stop, don't get me wrong I know there are plenty of Fulham fans in there, but the majority are first-timers/tourists/neutrals, which would explain lateness.

It'd make more sense to take the kids into the JH Stand/Hammy End.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Nero

Well they are the best Dogs and beer in town but I do find the £40 cover charge and the 30mins wait to sample them a bit annoying

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: Southdowns White on September 18, 2012, 11:07:18 AM
I am a season ticket holder in the Hammersmith end but on Saturday i took my Children for the first time and sat in the Putney end directly behind the goal about half way up great seats.The only problem was, People were still arriving after 30 minutes and people left with 15 minutes to go aswell as the hotdog beer brigade before and after halftime. Although not to the same degree this also happens in the Hammersmith end, two or three people in my row are always 10 minutes late, get out for their half time beer before the end of the first half come back late for the second half and then bugger off early regardless of the score or opponents.  If this is you, unless you have a disability or it's once in a blue moon, Why do you bother comming?

To be fair there was train disruption that could have thrown peoples' journey time planning out & the Putney End attracts more "tourists" who are not familiar with journey times to the Cottage.

Everyone I have ever asked has told me it is 10 mins walk from Putney Bridge, when in reality it is much longer...

epsomraver

Does not explain late back for second half or leaving 10 minutes before the end.

Lighthouse

It has always been the same. People can arrive late because of the traffic and disruptions. But how can they afford to leave early and why spend the time on their feet? Once one stands up everybody behind them has to do the same.

It was ever thus.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

jarv

Agree, never understood why people leave early. Not as though tickets cost 5 bob any more.

Also, the standing up thing, really annoying. Could be worse though. I was at Upton park a few years back, behind the goal, quite high. Great view until the game started. Absolute foul mouthed scum bag supporters (a lot of them were teens) wouldn't sit for 5 minutes.

Vowed to never go back.

Thank goodness for CC, no matter what anyone says about it.

BarryP

A certain percentage of fans in professional sports will come late and a certain percentage will leave early.  It is their money they are giving to the club and their time to do with as they choose and they are not required to behave as most fans think they should.  Of course this is your message board so feel free to whinge away if it helps release the tension.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Meerkat

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on September 18, 2012, 11:45:20 AM
I wouldn't go in the Putney end full stop, don't get me wrong I know there are plenty of Fulham fans in there, but the majority are first-timers/tourists/neutrals, which would explain lateness.

It'd make more sense to take the kids into the JH Stand/Hammy End.

We usually sit in the Hammersmith End, but last Saturday were in the Putney End, I have to say the view is great, much better than the Hammersmith as you don't have to stand up everytime to be able to see.  The only downside is the netruals two of which sat behind us and spent the first half talking about work and some woman that works in their office, plus the few WBA fans worse for drink, the real mouthy  one soon beat a hasty retreat when we went in front. :scarf:

MJG

Its not unique to the Putney end but its where it happens the most. Its one of the reasons after two years at that end im back in the Hammersmith end.
I

Peabody

The reason you got your head bitten off, was because you made it appear that everyone in the Riverside was a disgrace, that is why.  I thought we had soughted this but you obviously have some sort of hang up about the whole of the Riverside. As arriving late and leaving early, yes, it is annoying and just remember that some but not all of people leaving early do have to be somewhere else and leave early for that reason.

domprague

Quote from: Peabody on September 18, 2012, 01:20:31 PM

The reason you got your head bitten off, was because you made it appear that everyone in the Riverside was a disgrace, that is why.  I thought we had soughted this but you obviously have some sort of hang up about the whole of the Riverside. As arriving late and leaving early, yes, it is annoying and just remember that some but not all of people leaving early do have to be somewhere else and leave early for that reason.

No, I don't have a hang up about the whole of the Riverside. To avoid giving offence, I'll say that it was the Z block where I was sitting that was a problem. Off to an army surplus store for  a flak jacket now....
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Harold Shand

I like a pint at half-time and maybe have a yarn with a few faces, so can't see the problem with going down a couple of minutes early. If the craic is good we might be a bit late back.
You've got the screens now so you don't miss any action.

Part of the fabric of football surely, it's not the opera.

Berserker

I must admit i nip out for a wee during the match and if it's really cold get a hot chocolate or coffee, i  purposely have an aisle seat so that i can do that and not disturb anybody. I must admit i missed the first 10 mins of second half of the Norwich game, although i saw it o n the screens. This was due to it being such a hot day and i was so  dying of thirst that i bought a pint, afraid that as i'm not a big drinker i couldn't get it down in the break so considering the price i wasn't leaving any behind.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

mr-ska

I sit next to Admin in H1.  We are surrounded by friendly people and we've struck up a good rapport   with them. The thing is...  they arrive 5-10 mins late at the start of the game, go out for half time on about 40 mins and arrive back about 5 mins into the 2nd half. Makes us laugh more than anything, as i said theyre a good crowd. Personally  i dont like to miss a minute..

The Rock

As many know I live in NY and it's always a special time when I come, though am thankfully in on biz every so often... but I find it very difficult wherever I come to watch the entire 90 minutes. I am in the seat for 80-83 mins it seems or so. Here is why:

1. I see people/friends/Fulham friends I haven't seen and need to chat. Or need to show them around.
2. Toilet, especially at halftime. Always a wait.
3. Beer at halftime, end up talking at the start of the second half with others that are late or the stewards.
4. Caught at the pub and was late in leaving, though since the herd no longer favours the Lion I have not had this problem so much.
5. Need to have a religious moment of thankfulness for being able to attend another match once again.
6. Need to have a religious moment admiring Bishop's Park.
7. Need to have a religious moment admiring Bishop's Park toilets.
8. Need to get my tix as everyone else I am with has season tickets and I have mine waiting on the gate and revert to #4 then waiting on the gate, though the queue moves quick or at least I have found this much.
9. Need to take pictures. The same ones I took last time.
10. BUT - I am usually the last to leave waaaay after the match as I need to have a religious experience at Craven Cottage even if by myself until the stewards kick me out. And I am fine with this as it makes up the 5 odd minutes I might miss along the way being able to soak in the last of my time at the ground until the next time.

mr-ska

Quote from: The Rock on September 19, 2012, 02:20:30 AM
As many know I live in NY and it's always a special time when I come, though am thankfully in on biz every so often... but I find it very difficult wherever I come to watch the entire 90 minutes. I am in the seat for 80-83 mins it seems or so. Here is why:

1. I see people/friends/Fulham friends I haven't seen and need to chat. Or need to show them around.
2. Toilet, especially at halftime. Always a wait.
3. Beer at halftime, end up talking at the start of the second half with others that are late or the stewards.
4. Caught at the pub and was late in leaving, though since the herd no longer favours the Lion I have not had this problem so much.
5. Need to have a religious moment of thankfulness for being able to attend another match once again.
6. Need to have a religious moment admiring Bishop's Park.
7. Need to have a religious moment admiring Bishop's Park toilets.
8. Need to get my tix as everyone else I am with has season tickets and I have mine waiting on the gate and revert to #4 then waiting on the gate, though the queue moves quick or at least I have found this much.
9. Need to take pictures. The same ones I took last time.
10. BUT - I am usually the last to leave waaaay after the match as I need to have a religious experience at Craven Cottage even if by myself until the stewards kick me out. And I am fine with this as it makes up the 5 odd minutes I might miss along the way being able to soak in the last of my time at the ground until the next time.
Hilarious..  I can relate to most of these points.