watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged threads re Diarra injury

Started by Jambo, September 20, 2012, 01:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jambo

Sounds like its serious.  Needs an op and then they will determine how bad.  worse case is a cruciate.

Dejagah, Richardson and Frei still out.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

cottage cheese

worst case scenario has come true, if correct

Admin

Like I said before, I don't think you could have written this story any better. I think the club has known about the seriousness of this injury for a while, hence pulling in the Greek last minute. We really are going to come unstuck not investing in a replacement for Dembele'

elgreenio

it's a shame but i'm fully behind Baird and Sidwell as a partnership.
touch my camera through the fence

horse1031

Zu-Meister

Fulham fear Mahamadou Diarra could be ruled out for the majority of the season, manager Martin Jol has admitted.
Jol revealed the potential extent of the injury Diarra suffered making his return from international exile with Mali this month. The 31-year-old, who had not played for his country for more than a year, damaged his left knee and was forced to miss Fulham's 2-0 Barclays Premier League win over West Brom last weekend.
Jol confirmed on Thursday afternoon that Diarra required some form of surgery and would miss at least another three weeks. But if it transpires he has damaged his cruciate ligament, he could be out for up to five months.
Jol, who was expecting to learn the true extent of the damage next week, said: "There's a little piece of cartilage floating in his knee, so we have to operate that in any case, and that can be three or four weeks.
"But if there is damage to his cruciate ligament, for example, it will take a lot longer. It will take him three, four, five months at least."

Boggers

And so begins the End of Days....
"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

elgreenio

at least we'll be compensated if it turns out to be a long one. Every cloud...
touch my camera through the fence

cottage cheese

baird and sidwell did well together but dont forget it got easy for them when brummies went a man down and their midfield was awful!

I guess wigan away will really be the test to see if we can replicate performances away.

I rate both highly but god forbid if one of those gets injured then we are really up bums creek

mangoputney

More Jol wummery

Could be floating cartilage, could be cruciate... Surely these are massively different???

Weren't it just a 'knock'... The bs coming out of the cottage since end of last season has been immense
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

LBNo11

...sometimes these things happen and like AJ for Gera can work out for the good. The same could happen with Chris Baird who to me was MOTM against WBA alongside Steve Sidwell who linked up well and even scored.

Fate may have cast it's capricious spell and all will be good - and then the manager can take the credit for a wonderful incisive pairing..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

TonyGilroy

Quote from: mangoputney on September 20, 2012, 03:23:17 PM
More Jol wummery

Could be floating cartilage, could be cruciate... Surely these are massively different???

Weren't it just a 'knock'... The bs coming out of the cottage since end of last season has been immense

Could just be that Jol's not a surgeon.

Diarra's having an operation to remove some floating cartilage and there may be more extensive damage but the surgeon won't know until he has a look.

I'm guessing Jol won't be carrying out the operation.

Hope that helps you understand.

mangoputney

Curse of FFC D's either go or injured... How did Dejagah pass the medical???

Hope Sidwell is able to last longer than most seasons
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

mangoputney

Mildly put TG

Had floating cartilage myself and it's clearly less severe than sickening snap a'la Grygera

Cheers for the medical expertise

cmg

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 20, 2012, 03:28:57 PM

I'm guessing Jol won't be carrying out the operation.

I bloody hope not. Have you seen the size of his fingers?

Admin

We all knew that Diarra's knee was a ticking time bomb waiting to go off, it was just a matter of time. Surely Jol, Fulham knew this and would have made it their priority to have cover in this position or make sure we went into the season with enough midfielders. Jol, Fulham also knew that Diarra was to play for Marli again and was goin to go missing in January as well.

mangoputney

New CM priority in Jan now, gutted for Diarra, got a good feeling about Karagounis though, seriously experienced and dogged

cmg

Quote from: mangoputney on September 20, 2012, 03:30:23 PM

How did Dejagah pass the medical???

I am not an expert, but I wouldn't think that these famous pre-transfer medicals are concerned with day-to-day, common or garden football injuries like torn muscles, especially when they are already known about. I imagine they are more concerned with underlying, long term weaknesses, deteriorating conditions, hitherto undiagnosed diseases or medical problems, evidence of drug use, that sort of thing. It was known when he signed that Dejagah's injury would take around three weeks.

Mind you, I am sure I remember Jol saying he wouldn't sign an injured player.  

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: mangoputney on September 20, 2012, 04:02:58 PM
New CM priority in Jan now, gutted for Diarra, got a good feeling about Karagounis though, seriously experienced and dogged

Any major injury history with the Greek?

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: cmg on September 20, 2012, 04:04:51 PM
Quote from: mangoputney on September 20, 2012, 03:30:23 PM

How did Dejagah pass the medical???

I am not an expert, but I wouldn't think that these famous pre-transfer medicals are concerned with day-to-day, common or garden football injuries like torn muscles, especially when they are already known about. I imagine they are more concerned with underlying, long term weaknesses, deteriorating conditions, hitherto undiagnosed diseases or medical problems, evidence of drug use, that sort of thing. It was known when he signed that Dejagah's injury would take around three weeks.

Mind you, I am sure I remember Jol saying he wouldn't sign an injured player.  

He said it on more than one occasion, IIRC.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude