watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol answers the Ruiz "problem"

Started by Jambo, September 20, 2012, 03:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jambo

Jol:  "It's nice that we've got quality up front," our Manager admitted. "Any quality striker at any club will have an influence. It's always nice to see Hugo, to see Dimitar and Petric – who's back from injury – and they've each got different qualities.

"It was a big challenge for Hugo because Petric played [the first match] and did very well. I feel that Hugo stretched West Bromwich Albion - he was a handful and, of course, we've got different options with Petric or Rodallega so we have to make a decision on that.

"Bryan Ruiz came back from injury so that is the other option to play with a number 10 and Berbatov, or play with two strikers. That is the big decision we have to make so it's either Bryan Ruiz or Hugo."

Ruiz just behind Berba......... :004:
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

mangoputney

Would be my shout too, both just coast

Surely Hugo will get some game time, seems footballing fate normally results in returning players scoring... Hope it continues
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Count Berbatov

I actually rate Hugo. But so curious to see Ruiz - Berba...
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Jambo

Quote from: Berba No:9 on September 20, 2012, 03:40:41 PM

I think he will go with Hugo on Saturday as I doubt Ruiz is fully fit
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

nose

don't change a winning team, it sends the wrong messages to the fans and the players.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

It's interesting to see that he said it's either Ruiz or Hugo despite mentioning earlier that Petric is back from injury...

perry geyton

jazz hardrockin

Quote from: nose on September 20, 2012, 04:15:26 PM
don't change a winning team, it sends the wrong messages to the fans and the players.

One game is hardly a winning team,but changing here and there is Jol's job
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

General

Quote from: Jambo on September 20, 2012, 04:02:49 PM
Quote from: Berba No:9 on September 20, 2012, 03:40:41 PM

I think he will go with Hugo on Saturday as I doubt Ruiz is fully fit

I'd expect to see Berba and Rodallega starting and then around the 60 min mark see Ruiz come on for someone - either Kaka, Duff or Rodallega and move Ruiz into AM and Rodallega into a wing position. Petric may come on before or after to play up front too depending on how well we're doing.

whiteburp

no doubt wigan will play for a win.and closeing down playing for a point away seems to be something we are not good at.so i dont see the much wanted berba,petric combo been tested unless we fall behind !

nose

Quote from: jazz hardrockin on September 20, 2012, 06:42:33 PM
Quote from: nose on September 20, 2012, 04:15:26 PM

One game is hardly a winning team,but changing here and there is Jol's job

If jol drops, say baird or sidwell, after they both put in good performances (well baird did brilliantly and sidwell reasonably) then it says to the rest of the squad, it doesn't matter what you do on the pitch I have my favourites and that is that. Very demoralising.
If he drops hugo for ruiz, then that tells hugo he is considered second best and despite being in a side that played well and won, he isn't rated. Very demoralising AND what is worse the whole squad knows this. Good management is knowing when to make changes and when not. adfter such a good performance as last week it is not the time. I do think petric is better than others on display last week but they have to wait their chance, that is how you create healthy competition and that is what will druive the team to better, but dropping players after a very good team performance is a bad move in the long run.