more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Top 8 finish??

Started by MrFFC, September 23, 2012, 08:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFFC

I really believe we have a good chance of a top 8 finish I think

Man U , Man C , Arsenal , Chelsea , Everton and Spurs will be in the top 6 but I really believe we can finish above Newcastle and Liverpool we have top strikers and goals in our team, if we can remain in top 10 till January with 21m to spend we really could push on coyw!!
Come on you Whites!! :)

watfordwhite

When we lost both the Dems, I was looking at us finishing 12th - 14th. Now I think you could be right. I long for another European tour.  098.gif 

Fernhurst

Quite confusing start to the season eh?....
Won 3 lost 2 drawn 0

Fantastic confidence on opening day followed by that debacle at the Bolyen Ground.
Good performance yesterday as we "out footballed" by Wigan for long periods but looked far more dangerous than them in attack.
It was very apparent when Bryan came on and added much need poise to our midfield how our future investment in this area is crucial.
Taking a long hard look at all our performances so far, I think Watfordwhites original prediction is about right 12th to 14th with a chance of 11th if an additional strong skilful midfielder is recruited in January.
COYW
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

epsomraver

Apart from United we haven't played anybody from the top flight, all very premature these forecasts, it is still September, Wigan could have easily won that game yesterday.

Jack Fulham

We've only beaten Norwich, Wigan and West Brom so far. Will be interesting to see how we cope with a better quality team but in fairness, West Brom have been showing top 10 pedigree. We put in a great performance at Old Trafford but we did have Dembele and Diarra. City will be a big test. All depends on whether Spurs and Liverpool can pick up their performances which I imagine they will. Everton are looking very strong this season.

Burt

Lets put it this way - if we continue to pick up our away form relative to the recent few seasons and maintain our home form, we should be heading for a top 10 finish.

jazz hardrockin

Quote from: epsomraver on September 23, 2012, 09:43:39 AM
Apart from United we haven't played anybody from the top flight, all very premature these forecasts, it is still September, Wigan could have easily won that game yesterday.

Well you are not very convincing.By the same token Wigan could have easily lost 6-4  :dft012:
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

ffc73

Heart say yes, head says no

Win a game and we are optimistic.  Lose and we are pessimistic.

Play like we did yesterday and Citeh will romp home as they will not continually mess up the 'final ball'.  Whilst the Baird/Sidwell combination have been effective against 10-man WBA and Wigan they were very very poor at Sheffield and I fear the worst (which is my nature) against the likes of Yaya Toure, Silva, Nasri et al next week

Key for me is the away games against 'the rest'.  At this point I hoped/predicted we would have 10 points and in the next round of the League Cup.  We fluffed our lines badly at West Ham and Sheffield Wednesday.  We will have a better idea of our mettle after going to places like Southampton, Reading and Stoke and/or whether we pick any points up at home against Citeh and Everton.

As Epsomraver says, all these predictions are premature.  

The Rock

The great thing is the 3 games we won were we far and away the better team. Arguably Wigan actually had some chances. But , with that form we win 50% of our matches and mathematically Top 6.

West Ham you have to throw out as a one off - everyone seemed unsettled and awkward the day after transfer deadline and you had players on the pitch who had never played together and met less than 24 hours previous.

United away we lost 3-2. Great performance in a match we shouldn't have gotten anywhere close to getting anything.

I can see it now - it will be us and Everton battling it out for 6th, and we'll go to Goodison and lose like we have last 499 times out of 500 except the fa cap match in '75.

Fernhurst

As Epsomraver says, all these predictions are premature.  

Of course they are, I'm sure we are all aware of the month!
They are just considered opinions now the season has begun. There was plenty of speculation on this board before a ball was kicked.
I've seen two games live and watched the others live via the Internet but maybe I'll have one more guess next May  :005:
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

ToodlesMcToot

Knowing that we traditionally finish the season strongly, I'll wait until January 1. If we're firmly mid-table at that time, I'd say Top 8 is within our grasp.

I still hold out hope that Diarra's injury is minor and that we look to strengthen midfield no matter.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

HatterDon

Well, if the season ended today, we'd wind up in 6th. Unfortunately, there's still 33 more matches to go. I'll still be satisfied with 14th and a good cup run.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel