News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I Know This Sounds Deluded.... But Anyone Agree?

Started by DiegoFulham, September 25, 2012, 12:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiegoFulham

but does anyone else think we could be the dark horses for the race for the top 4? everyone in the media talks about Everton and them challenging for the top 4.... our only problem has been our away form, we've got quite a underrated team, goals from everywhere and our home record against everyone is very good even Chelscum also Man United... but like i said we fix our away form we could really challenge for Europe, anyone think i'm deluded or maybe if you think about it, i've got a point?   
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

ffcbulgaria

if we keep up a good form and get some good results and decent points from the first 10-12 games we'll certainly have the possibility to do it

question is if we can keep such a solid form throughout the whole season?

Jack Fulham

Don't have the depth, we may of won away but it was against Wigan who haven't beaten us in 12 games now. We have some challenging fixtures coming up, November will be particularly tough. It's far too early to say what will happen.

St Eve

Let's not get carried away. Great start but City is a massive test on Saturday.

JohnKovacs

I wonder what BetFair is offering on this one, maybe 100-1?

Whiteroom

This is the sort of comment that people (QPA fans perhaps) would use as evidence of Fulham fans becoming disproportionally confident and slightly delusional. Some have us as relegation contenders. There is absolutely no way we will finish top 4. Arsenal, ManU, Chels, ManCity, Tottenham... All of those squads are stronger than ours, by a long way.

RidgeRider

I don't think its deluded as much as it highlights we have come a long way and our talent is solid and getting better each year. The fact that even one of our fans thinks we have some outside shot at 4th or Europe says a lot about our start and our prospects. I do think if we continue to play the way he have and gets some more guys healthy and playing together more, we could sneak in a 6th or 7th. I think we are that good.

jazz hardrockin

Quote from: DiegoFulham on September 25, 2012, 12:24:55 AM
but does anyone else think we could be the dark horses for the race for the top 4? everyone in the media talks about Everton and them challenging for the top 4.... our only problem has been our away form, we've got quite a underrated team, goals from everywhere and our home record against everyone is very good even Chelscum also Man United... but like i said we fix our away form we could really challenge for Europe, anyone think i'm deluded or maybe if you think about it, i've got a point?   

Well,but if it doesn't happened /fixing the away form/ there is always the possibilities to be top 4 from the bottom up... 064.gif
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

btings

That's a pretty dark horse.  But hey, is is an optimism thread.

jazz hardrockin

No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

Count Berbatov

The City game will be defining. If you win that one, you can start dreaming, yes
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

hongkongfulham

an amazing season would see us finish 6th/7th max i believe. Beyond that i really dont see how it could be possible in any circumstance. im trying to get on board but naa i cant. love the optimism though. Top 10 would be stellar, with 1 or 2 landmark CM/CB coming in before next season then we can reevaluate

alexbishop

Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Burt

That sounds deluded and I don't agree  :dft011:

Loving the optimism though  :54:

licker

Fulham are usually next door to Everton at the finish.
I  think this season looks a bit brighter for us because we have started well, we are usually in the bottom 6 till Christmas.

Moyes has done good business in the transfer window this summer and all is looking rosy with much more depth in the squad, boosted by some much needed players to fill the weak positions.

The first thing to enter my head every season is to avoid relegation, then the second thing is to finish ahead of our shitty neighbours, if we get both of those i would consider it a very good season.

To finish 4th is still a very tough call. The two Manchester Clubs, Chelsea and Arsenal must still be favourites, 5th or 6th  is up for grabs and i fancy us to pip Spurs, Newcastle, and Fulham, but you never know in football,  "its a funny old game".

Bill.

PS... the lads who joined my fantasy footy comps can see the updated leagues at .... www.bills-footyforum.proboards.com

Wimbledon_White

I think the vast majority are correct; we simply do not have a large enough squad/enough depth to our squad.

I think we will be comfortably midtable again but I really would like to see Jol play a strong team in the FA Cup and really take that competition seriously. Along with the League Cup (tho obv not this season) it is realistically our only chance of a trophy.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: RidgeRider on September 25, 2012, 02:35:51 AM
I don't think its deluded as much as it highlights we have come a long way and our talent is solid and getting better each year. The fact that even one of our fans thinks we have some outside shot at 4th or Europe says a lot about our start and our prospects. I do think if we continue to play the way he have and gets some more guys healthy and playing together more, we could sneak in a 6th or 7th. I think we are that good.

I kinda agree with you there. If Richardson shows the same form as he did at Sunderland and Dejagah lives up to his promise,both will give us good options in Midfield and allow other players like Duff to be rested in the last 20 minutes of a game keeping them fresh. We have back ups up front with Petric, Frei and Kaclinic. I see no reason why we can't beat last seasons points haul and set a new record for Fulham

Edwatch_Winston_Malone