News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Any team in the football league that we have never beaten ?

Started by FC Silver Fox, September 25, 2012, 11:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FC Silver Fox

I was wondering if there is any team in the football league against whom we've never won? (good English innit?)
If there is a team that we've never beaten they must be in a lower division.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Peabody

I can only find one team and they are no longer playing in the Football League.

We played Nelson in 1923 and drew 0-0 and 1-1. So they are the only side, that I can find, that we have never beaten. Oh yes and we only played them twice.

On the other hand, there is Rochdale, who have never beaten us. There is also Macclesfield and Southport who have never won against us.

Chesh

What about Crawley - we've never even played them (I don't think)
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

MasterHaynes

Apart from the FA cup win on our run to the final back in the day it certainly feels like we always lose to Everton with an occasional draw

LBNo11

...MK Dons, Burton Albion, Dagenham & Redbridge, AFC Wimbledon..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Peabody

Surely this question only applies to teams we have actually played against?

jarv

Nelson in 1923??? I have a mate who played for Nelson but a bit more recently. About 2001 I think.
Funny how these little things crop up in football.

WhiteJC

Quote from: LBNo11 on September 25, 2012, 12:16:31 PM

haven't we played friendlies against MK Dons and AFC Wimbledon recently? are are we only talking league or cup games?

DiegoFulham

I went to a pre season friendly last season and Wimbledon beat us 2-0 with murphy and Stockdale in the side
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

FC Silver Fox

I was thinking in terms of teams we have actually played against in a competition and who are in the top 4 divisions of the league.

Nelson FC, didn't they have a gay centre half called Hardy?  His teammates kept saying  "Kiss me, Hardy". Anyway, I'm sure we'd have had a 'Victory' had we played them.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

ffcbulgaria

Quote from: MasterHaynes on September 25, 2012, 12:16:24 PM
Apart from the FA cup win on our run to the final back in the day it certainly feels like we always lose to Everton with an occasional draw

we've beaten them at least twice in the last 5 years (the great escape 1-0 and i think i remember one more)

Peabody

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on September 25, 2012, 04:23:54 PM
I was thinking in terms of teams we have actually played against in a competition and who are in the top 4 divisions of the league.

Nelson FC, didn't they have a gay centre half called Hardy?  His teammates kept saying  "Kiss me, Hardy". Anyway, I'm sure we'd have had a 'Victory' had we played them.

As I said, we played them home and away in the second division in 1923 and drew 0-0 and 1-1. We finished third bottom on 34 pts, the finished 2nd bottom on 33 pts and were relegated after one season back into the 3rd Division North.

HatterDon

Well, it seems like that, but I believe we got 3 points at home v. Everton in each our first six seasons in the Prem.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Peabody

This is our overall record v Everton League games

EVERTON                     
   Played   Won   Drew   Lost   For   Against   Points
   50   15   9   24   49   80   45

Senior Supporter

I don't think that is so. Until last season we seemed to have a gentleman's agreement with them that we claimed to points at ours and they had them at their's.

TonyGilroy

Let's not forget that MK Dons are Wimbledon. Legally.

Chopper

In the league we've played Peterborough twice and lost twice.

We have beaten them in the Cups though.

I have a pal who is a Posh fan so it's been a source of embarrassment for sometime - I enjoyed that 6-2 spanking in the FA Cup very much indeed.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole