watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

December 1st and 8th are miles off but

Started by ScalleysDad, September 25, 2012, 06:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScalleysDad

Does anyone know how the Europa fixtures fall the thursday before each of these saturdays? I can't seem to find a europa site just giving the fixtures and as train tickets are silly cheap at the moment I am trying to "get in there" as they say in certain circles. We are about due a sunday fixture anyway but if Spurs and Newcastle are indeed active the saturdays will be out leaving the sunday/monday lottery.

Thanks

HatterDon

unless I'm mistaken, at that point of the tournament, ALL of the EL matches should be on Thursdays.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

The Doctor

HatterDon has it right, all the group Europa games are Thurdays this season.  In previous seasons there have been Wednesday games, but not this year so disregard that as a consideration.

The 5th and 6th rounds of the EL groups are on 22nd Nov and 6th Dec according to the UEFA site http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2013/matches/index.html

So, Spurs won't be moved because of the EL.  BUT...TV still haven't made their picks from Dec onwards, so the game might be moved for TV yet.

Seeing as Newcastle are playing on Thurs 6th in the EL, our game with them will be moved.  Hopefully to Sunday 9th.  But again, there's the TV consideration so no guarantees it won't be Monday evening.

That's probably as clear as mud.  Upshot: no telling when the games will be.  Pain in the arse if you're trying to plan ahead.  I think TV games have to be picked by mid-Oct if that helps

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Berserker on September 25, 2012, 06:58:07 PM
My Birthday falls in between... ye-haw

So thats wednesday then?
For saturday what about by the Maestro statue around 2.30

Thanks HD and Doc. I would put a tin of baked beans on the Newcastle game moving to Monday seeing as the Toon will have to travel a vast distance and not get get home until breakfast. I did'nt know about the mid October deadline so perhaps a couple of weeks won't hurt.

Berserker

Hope they don't move the Newcastle game as i won't be able to make it on the Monday. Yes 2.30 is fine by the statue
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

craig10

This is even further down the line BUT we are due to play Chelsea on 9th March however 6th round of fa cup is the same day when we get that far in the fa cup and they need to rearrange when would that likely be?? I am already away foe QPR and don't want to miss Chelsea also (over Easter)

The Doctor

That IS planning ahead, Craig!  Should the Chelsea game need rearranging, it will be a midweek game.  No telling yet when it will be as that will depend on (our or their) other rearranged games, FA Cup games and CL games.

Best you can do this early is to look at all the FA Cup round dates (and replay dates - 10 days after original game) and CL round dates (assume that they'll go all the way).  This should leave you with a few midweek slots...we'll play them in one of those. Best you can do is block them all off in the diary and see how things pan out

ScalleysDad

Blimey Easter!
Theres not too much on offer for potential tele showings on the 1st/2nd apart from us or Spam versus Chelsea. Citeh v Everton is possible I suppose but I'm settling for Sunday at 4. Mind you who would have thought the Sunderland game would be on tele so we could have also ran versus has beens, get over it.
Its the Manchester derby on the 8th/9th and Spam are playing Liverpool so I'm going for Sunday circa 2pm warming the cables for Citeh United at 4pm. 

craig10

Quote from: The Doctor on September 25, 2012, 08:58:39 PM
That IS planning ahead, Craig!  Should the Chelsea game need rearranging, it will be a midweek game.  No telling yet when it will be as that will depend on (our or their) other rearranged games, FA Cup games and CL games.

Best you can do this early is to look at all the FA Cup round dates (and replay dates - 10 days after original game) and CL round dates (assume that they'll go all the way).  This should leave you with a few midweek slots...we'll play them in one of those. Best you can do is block them all off in the diary and see how things pan out

Lol I know but I was so gutted when I found out I would be missing the QPR game I'm really hoping the Chelsea game isn't midweek after the Easter bank hol.

Swedish Terrier

While we are on the topic fellow FOF'ers:

I'm heading over for the home games against Southampton on Boxing Day, and Swansea on the 29th. Since the Southampton game is in fact on Boxing Day I'm presuming it won't be changed, but what do you all think the chances are of the Swansea game being moved forward? I will be flying back to Sweden on the 30th, so if it's moved forward a day I'll either miss it or have to get a new flight back.

Also, I am a registered member since last season and I can still log on to the Fulham website, but can I buy tickets (I'll need to get two) through the website when they're released to members even though I haven't payed anything this season? I would be very grateful if someone could explain exactly how booking/buying tickets works, and when it's actually possible to buy tickets for these games.

Thanks in advance,
S.T.

(I am a International Junior member since last season, will that have an effect on being able to buy tickets?)
Proud member of FFC Sweden.

Cottage count-4         Away count-2

The Doctor

December 29th is a Saturday, so if TV want that one it could well be moved to 30th.  Not sure when the Christmas fixture carnage is announced, but keep an eye out.

If you've a booking history then you will be able to buy tickets through the website.  Seeing as you've not paid the membership fee this season you'll have to wait for the General Sale date.  Be quick though - being the Christmas period, this one might sell out quick.  Keep an eye on the website for dates/prices - ticketing info will be announced before too long

rhyspabsolom

Quote from: Berserker on September 25, 2012, 06:58:07 PM
My Birthday falls in between... ye-haw

Samesies.

Two home games means no chance of a cheeky birthday holiday but I'm hoping Toon is shifted to the Sunday.