News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Am I the only person on this board who ........

Started by vagrant, September 25, 2012, 06:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vagrant

1. Am I the only person on this board who, in spite of thinking he is not a nice person and plays for them, believes that John Terry has been done up like a kipper ????

2.  Am I the only person on this board who, in spite of thinking they really are up each others backsides, quite enjoys the topics of debate on Keys and Gray ????

3.  Am I the only person on this board who, whilst agreeing with the truth finally coming out, wonders why in not one article I have seen about the tragedy at Hillsborough, a certain town in Begium has never been mentioned ????

Just wondering ........

TonyGilroy

I think you may be. At least I'd like to think so.

We may find out.

vagrant

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 25, 2012, 06:43:34 PM

I think you may be. At least I'd like to think so.

We may find out.

Cheers Tony  :Get Coat gif:

Peabody

mangoputney

Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

alfie

funny that, i was just thinking the other day about how many people died in Belgium and it never gets mentioned, do we think any of the supporters involved in that have apologised?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

vagrant

082.gif
Quote from: Peabody on September 25, 2012, 07:21:59 PM
Where you been Vagrant?

On here reading everyday Mr. Peabody, just not bothered posting as a lot of the subjects not to excited about.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: vagrant on September 25, 2012, 06:38:01 PM
1. Am I the only person on this board who, in spite of thinking he is not a nice person and plays for them, believes that John Terry has been done up like a kipper ????

2.  Am I the only person on this board who, in spite of thinking they really are up each others backsides, quite enjoys the topics of debate on Keys and Gray ????

3.  Am I the only person on this board who, whilst agreeing with the truth finally coming out, wonders why in not one article I have seen about the tragedy at Hillsborough, a certain town in Begium has never been mentioned ????

Just wondering ........

1 John Terry I do not  care  much for but Yes  I agree
but as they did not bother smoking him first ............... a  herring  rather than a kipper  ....

2 I do not mind Grey but cannot tolerate Keys , so cannot listen

3 It's strange indeed.

4 Nice to see you posting   

AlFayedsChequebook

nevzter

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on September 25, 2012, 10:42:02 PM
Can someone explain how Terry has been done up?

Those details would not conform to the board's expectations of decency.   082.gif
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

cottage cheese

is this the same terry who has been 'done up'

Chanting 9/11 to americans
Throwing 50 quid notes at people and burning them in clubs
Cheating
Charged with assault

The guy deserves everything he gets..he is quite simply a chav with a ridiculous amount of money. His family are no better as well.

He has just retired so that people would sympathise with him....

The Bronsons

There's something in 3.

Terry is foul-mouthed yob, and (let's admit it) a great footballer. He used words he shouldn't have used and he's in trouble for it. The only legitimate complaint is that the whole thing has dragged out so long - but that is Chelsea's fault.

No. 2 - meh.

Nero

1) yea been though a court of law and proved not guilty now the fa are still charging him, I think half of this is to do with Rio "choc Ice" pushing anton on to try and get his England place back if he can get rid of Terry.  Yes he is an arrogant cock end but if you listern to cole and zamora i dont think you could call him a die hard bnp racist.

2) DOnt listern that much to these two but when I have caught quite entertaining

3) Belguim we dont talk about belguim we cant shift the blame on that one,

JBH

Quote from: vagrant on September 25, 2012, 06:38:01 PM

Don't give a Monkey's he is a scumbag

2.  Am I the only person on this board who, in spite of thinking they really are up each others backsides, quite enjoys the topics of debate on Keys and Gray ????

Both of them love themselves so much that the can't see they are actually scumbags

3.  Am I the only person on this board who, whilst agreeing with the truth finally coming out, wonders why in not one article I have seen about the tragedy at Hillsborough, a certain town in Begium has never been mentioned ????

You should know by now that "It's never Their Fault"

Just wondering ........

cmg

1. Terry was found not guilty of a criminal charge after due process.
    The criteria for, and process in connection with, 'bringing the game into disrepute' are quite different. Many of the things that upset the FA are not criminal matters. The only thing I would say in Terry's favour, is that I wouldn't have any confidence in the FA to get anything right.

2. No interest. I thought both these prats had been thrown off the airwaves. If they have managed to crawl back, it has been, thankfully, out of my earshot.

3. Heysel was a disaster of similar magnitude to Hillsborough and a disgrace on those (mostly Liverpool fans) who caused it. The matter has been thoroughly investigated, conclusions drawn and sanctions imposed. Naturally Liverpool FC do not wish to draw attention to the matter.
Wikipedia provides a reasonable summary of the aftermath:

"Officially the entire blame for the incident was laid on the fans of Liverpool FC. On 30 May official UEFA observer Gunter Schneider said, "Only the English fans were responsible. Of that there is no doubt." UEFA, the organiser of the event, the owners of Heysel Stadium and the Belgian police were investigated for culpability. After an 18-month investigation, the dossier of top Belgian judge Marina Coppieters was finally published. It concluded that blame should not rest solely with the English fans, and that some culpability lay with the police and authorities. Several top officials were incriminated by some of the dossier's findings, including police captain Johan Mahieu, who had been in charge of security on May 29th 1985 and was now charged with involuntary manslaughter. [16]

On 31 May, British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher put pressure upon the FA to withdraw English clubs from European competition,[17] and two days later UEFA banned English clubs for "an indeterminate period of time". On 6 June FIFA extended the ban to all worldwide matches, but this was modified one week later to allow friendly matches to take place. The ban did not apply to the English national team. English clubs were banned indefinitely from European club competitions.[18] In the end, English clubs were banned for five years. The British police undertook a thorough investigation to bring to justice the perpetrators. Some 17 minutes of film and many still photographs were examined. TV Eye produced an hour-long programme featuring the footage and the British press also published the photographs.

There were 27 arrests on suspicion of manslaughter – the only extraditable offence applicable to events at Heysel. Most of these people had previous convictions for football-related violence. In 1989, after a five-month trial in Belgium, fourteen fans were given three-year sentences for involuntary manslaughter."

A similar conclusion on Hillsborough has yet to be reached. So it has festered on.

WhiteMulberry

Unsure on 1., you may be right. It's easy to side with the majority.

2. haven;t had much chance to listen, but what i have heard hasn;t been bad.

3. Agree, doesn't take away from the fact it's a tragedy though, I also think all fans at that time behaved in the same way and it could have happened to anyone.

epsomraver

Quote also think all fans at that time behaved in the same way and it could have happened to anyone.

That is an insult to most fans at that time including a lot on here, hooligans were in a minority.
However after being in Turin in 1980 for the England Belgium game when we were continually pelted with bottles and filth from the Belgian and Italian fans and when a few England fans retaliated and caused what 2 English Bobbies would have sorted out in two minutes the  Italian Police responded with tear gas at all of us, women as well, this caused a mass panic and rush for the exits to be pushed back by  brave police with sub machine guns  into the gas, anything could have happened that night mainly due to the useless Italian police's handling of the game, there was an element of their poor control at the Heisel stadium if I recall correctly.

WhiteMulberry

Quote from: epsomraver on September 26, 2012, 11:35:56 AM
Quote also think all fans at that time behaved in the same way and it could have happened to anyone.

That is an insult to most fans at that time including a lot on here, hooligans were in a minority.
However after being in Turin in 1980 for the England Belgium game when we were continually pelted with bottles and filth from the Belgian and Italian fans and when a few England fans retaliated and caused what 2 English Bobbies would have sorted out in two minutes the  Italian Police responded with tear gas at all of us, women as well, this caused a mass panic and rush for the exits to be pushed back by  brave police with sub machine guns  into the gas, anything could have happened that night mainly due to the useless Italian police's handling of the game, there was an element of their poor control at the Heisel stadium if I recall correctly.

sorry, what i meant was, all clubs had fans who behaved that way and so it could have been any club this happened to.

epsomraver

Apology accepted,some clubs had and still have a higher percentage of hooligans than others so perhaps you meant  that  this could had happened to perhaps Man U or leeds instead.