watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

away matches

Started by SteveFFC, September 26, 2012, 10:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveFFC

I've been a season ticket holder for 8 years now, but don't get to do many away games, Wigan last week being one of the few this season. So I was wondering what away games are a must do for everyone, wether it be for the stadium, the fans or even the area they are in and on the same line where do you dislike going?

mangoputney

They have the most jobsworth stewards ever, but Villa is always a must for me
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Fletchino

Chelsea and qpr don't really bother with anywhere else these days unless we are in Europe then I'll do as many as pos.

JBH

I try to get to Chelsea and either Liverpool or Everton (only because I enjoy a night out on Matthew Street) 

Deanothefulhamfan

Reading is a must for me this season, nice and near for an away trip.

Newcastle is a great laugh, if you stay up there and hit the town afterwards.

The Europa league away days were brilliant.... Had a great time with Leon at Basle, and the Final in Hamburg was incredible

Scrumpy

Favourites
For me, QPR, Chelsea, Reading and Saints are top of my list. Used to love going to Brentford and Aldershot 'back in the day' too.

Least favourites
Fans - Stoke, Cardiff, Millwall.
Stadiums - Arsenal, Derby, Bolton. (All identikit)
Travel - West Ham, Burnley, Grimsby (all seem to take 60 mins longer than expected!)

All time favourite - Craven Cottage
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

MOR :

First one I look for is "The Filth" at Stamford Bridge, wouldn't miss QPR, Wigan, Sunderland, Newcastle if it's on a decent day, would have loved to have gone to Southampton buit alas I'm in Paris watching the Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Go every year)...

leonffc

Norwich is up there. Great City, nice ground, good set of fans

A Humble Man

Like the North East and North West grounds so much more friendly people and interesting Cities, Towns and Countryside.  Villa Park is a nice ground in a reasonable area of Birmingham.  Norwich it the nicest City in the Country in my view so much surviving antiquity.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

DiegoFulham

My first away game was Wolves away, tbh for newer fans who love watching Fulham away, I would advise you to go West Midlands Clubs first Wolves, Birmingham, Villa and West Brom due to it not being too far neither too close to Fulham, i really enjoy my away days down there tbh
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

licker

My Fav away game is Liverpoo,  because they are our shitty neighbours and the atmosphere is fantastic.
The game i enjoy travelling to is Fulham, i have seen a few over the years and will try to make it this season (3rd November) if only to enjoy a pre-match beer with LB and catch up with a few of the other lads.
I enjoy it so much because its always a friendly atmosphere at the Cottage.

Bill.

Whitby Fulham

scarborough,darlo and york.

Burt

Havent been to as many as I would have liked in recent seasons... QPR was the last one.

fulham pete

Carlisle,  once every 22 years or so..

King_Crud

haven't done much out of London. Plan to change that this season by doing Man City in January and Newcastle in April, and spending the weekend in those places.

A Humble Man

Never fancied going to Stoke they play such dull football and the fans have a bad reputation.

Can anyone support my views or repudiate them
We Are Fulham, Believe.

MasterHaynes

Used to enjoy going to Pompey but giving Southampton a go this year. Arsenal is always worth it just for the stadium and we always give them a run for their money.