MrFFC

Schwarzer

Riether Hughes Hangeland Riise

Duff Baird Sidwell Rodallega

Ruiz

Berbatov
Come on you Whites!! :)

farfouille

"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

MrFFC

Rodallega should start I feel his pace will trouble them and he links up well with Berbatov
Come on you Whites!! :)

A Humble Man

Why do people keep wanting to use Ruiz in the hole behind the striker?  He is a winger.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

ffcbulgaria

probably because Ruiz played his best games in the position just behind the striker?

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: MrFFC on September 26, 2012, 02:52:00 PM
Schwarzer

Ruiz

Berbatov

This will be the starting line up, willing to put money on it.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Count Berbatov

Quote from: 1879 on September 26, 2012, 04:28:36 PM
Quote from: MrFFC on September 26, 2012, 02:52:00 PM
Schwarzer

Ruiz

Berbatov

This will be the starting line up, willing to put money on it.
Yes. A very possible one. It will be too much of a risk to play Petric-Berba from the start. Rodallega, ever since Berba joined looks like a different player. With him on the pitch from the start you can change formations on the fly.
How good is Ruiz defensively? Is he as fast and mobile as Hugo? Will it make sense to start him on the wing and Hugo up top?
How different is Petric' game from Hugo's? Rodallega decision making is sometimes questionable. Is Petric combinative?

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Alan_C

If Rodallega looks better with Berbatov what will that mean for Ruiz and Petric. We should, when fit, start our best players in their best positions

That is where the question lies. Where are Ruiz, Petric and indeed Berbatov's best positions.

If fit I would see all three rotating as a three up front. Giving different things at different times for us an making their defence think a lot more.

Only other thought is a move where Ruiz pairs with Baird and Petric and Berbatov up playing one just behind the other.

alexbishop

Quote from: ffcbulgaria on September 26, 2012, 04:17:22 PM
probably because Ruiz played his best games in the position just behind the striker?

Not at Twente. I think he scored most of his goals playing on the right as a kind of inside forward. Thing is in the English game we like wingers on the right hand side so Jol's trying to find a place for Ruiz in midfield or as a no. 10.

trouble is Yaya Toure or whoever plays the deeper midfield role for city will destroy Ruiz
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

farfouille

Makes me wonder whether MJ has figured it all out from the start, or he's scratching his head with all these options just like we are....
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

farfouille

Quote from: Count Berbatov on September 26, 2012, 05:22:02 PM
Is Petric combinative?

I have noticed that Rodallega isn't... It seems to me he is a bit selfish sometimes. That's why I can't wait to see Berbatov playing with Petric...
- Rene Meulensteen

ffcbulgaria

Quote from: alexbishop on September 26, 2012, 07:25:43 PM

Not at Twente. I think he scored most of his goals playing on the right as a kind of inside forward. Thing is in the English game we like wingers on the right hand side so Jol's trying to find a place for Ruiz in midfield or as a no. 10.

trouble is Yaya Toure or whoever plays the deeper midfield role for city will destroy Ruiz

True. Actually come to think of it there's different instructions and different ideas for each game. But apart from Arsenal away where he made it hard for them on the right I believe the best we've seen from him was when in the middle picking out passes and playing through balls.

I seem to remember his crossing is quite good as well. That was the first thing I thought when I saw Berbatov's chip for Hugo's - "RUiz could do some of those too".

Jack Fulham

I think it will be same as last week but Rodallega on left for Kaca with Ruiz behind Berba.

alexbishop

Quote from: ffcbulgaria on September 26, 2012, 08:26:32 PM
Quote from: alexbishop on September 26, 2012, 07:25:43 PM

True. Actually come to think of it there's different instructions and different ideas for each game. But apart from Arsenal away where he made it hard for them on the right I believe the best we've seen from him was when in the middle picking out passes and playing through balls.

I seem to remember his crossing is quite good as well. That was the first thing I thought when I saw Berbatov's chip for Hugo's - "RUiz could do some of those too".

Ideally he would have a free role behind the striker and two wingers. that way if Kaca or Duff cut in he can drift wide and provide crosses. If the wingers stay wide he can move forward and play a central attacking position.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

ALFI

Schwarzer

Duff Baird Sidwell Kaca

Berbatov

Rodallega

costarican white

I would like to see something like this although I'm aware it is not going to happen, especially versus Man C.

Schwarzer

Baird  Sidwell   Duff

Ruiz

Berbatov    Rodallega

Wherever there's a Costa Rican... there's peace.

General

I'm really shocked so many people have just left Petric out - he was showing just as much promise as most others when he was in the team and I can imagine he, Berab with Ruiz and Duff on the wings being a very very potent attacking force.