watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Andy Williams dies... Just to good to be true... RIP

Started by mr-ska, September 26, 2012, 03:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOR :

Singer Andy Williams has died at his home in Branson, Missouri, after a year-long battle with bladder cancer, aged 84.

Truly one of the greats in my eyes...RIP Andy...your music will live on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hFXy7nc-P8#ws

Classic after classic...

Rupert

JUst heard it on the radio, RIP.

I admit, I was a little surprised to hear he was still in his eighties, one early childhood memory is the family always watching his show on TV, and I thought he was old then!

Didn't he have a long running gag about a bear (a man in a bear suit, obviously) trying to get into his house and eat his "cookies"?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Peabody

RIP Andy.I remember his first hit in the Fifties Butterfly

Senior Supporter

RIP Andy. Thank you so much for giving us that recording, it always gives me goose bumps when I hear it.

Will always remember being on holiday at a hotel in Tenerife a few years ago. We were playing Hull at home, and I told my friends I would be popping up to my room around 10pm to wait for the Sky news football results. We went into the ballroom and the group opened their set at 10pm with "Can't take my eyes off of you". I told my friends I didn't need to go and check the result as I knew we had won ...... I was right.

A Humble Man

We should sing his a song at the Man C game in a tributous way.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

OldBrownShoe

Sad news indeed. No matter how much, jazz, rock, blues, folk, ska, reggae, Brazilian, Cuban, Sinatra, Bennett, Ella etc I have or listen to, I always have time for Andy Williams. One of the greats.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

Travers Barney

I'll never ever forget this song being sung for what seemed like an eternity after the final whistle against Hamburg at the Cottage on the night we got through to the Europa League Final....just tops Pompey away as my all time favourite Fulham memory.

Thanks for providing the music Andy

RIP
We are the whites

hongkongfulham

Quote from: Senior Supporter on September 26, 2012, 03:46:06 PM
RIP Andy. Thank you so much for giving us that recording, it always gives me goose bumps when I hear it.

Will always remember being on holiday at a hotel in Tenerife a few years ago. We were playing Hull at home, and I told my friends I would be popping up to my room around 10pm to wait for the Sky news football results. We went into the ballroom and the group opened their set at 10pm with "Can't take my eyes off of you". I told my friends I didn't need to go and check the result as I knew we had won ...... I was right.
Awesome story. Heard alot of moonriver growing up. RIP

Supermitch

Quote from: Travers Barney on September 26, 2012, 05:54:20 PM
I'll never ever forget this song being sung for what seemed like an eternity after the final whistle against Hamburg at the Cottage on the night we got through to the Europa League Final....just tops Pompey away as my all time favourite Fulham memory.

Thanks for providing the music Andy

RIP

+1.  RIP Andy

MOR :

Thanks to Andy Williams I discovered Trojan music...RIP Mr Williams a true Legend...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZafL4uzwsE#ws

DiegoFulham

Quote from: A Humble Man on September 26, 2012, 03:56:51 PM
We should sing his a song at the Man C game in a tributous way.

+100 was just thinking that.
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

jarv

I too, thought he was old. I am over 60 and my mum used to like him.

Forever Fulham

I remember once reading that Claudine Longet, William's former wife, reportedly having an affair with the skier Spider Sabich (sp?), killed Sabich yet walked.  I recall there was outrage at the time over the verdict.  Can't recall any details.  He had a beautiful voice, but his style, the sentimental ballad, ran into changing tastes in the mid to late 60s.  I didn't know he was still around, ekeing out a living in Branson for the 60+ dinner theatre crowd.   Who hasn't sung "Moon River" in the shower?