watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

PES 2013

Started by King_Crud, September 26, 2012, 03:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King_Crud

I used to love Pro Evolution Soccer up until it turned to shite around 2006/7. Since then i haven't bought a copy, only played the demos, which put me off. I got FIFA but it just didn't have the same easy fun that PES did. Well I just played the demo of PES 2013 and it looks like it's getting back to the glory days of 2004/05. I've ordered my copy today so should receive it this week. Hopefully the full game is even better than the demo.

Anyone else out there play PES?

TWFL

Used to love playing PES. Agree with you that 3, 4 and maybe even 5 were some of the best. Haven't ordered a copy but might give it a go after what you've said. Be interesting to see what the full version is like.

Northern Cottager

I've not played PES for quite some time. I didn't like the random names for clubs and players. Has that changed and they've got them in place now?

PES was always good game play but when wanting to play online against friends etc it fell short with no-one else having it!

Adam87

Firstly great thread, i completly agree, i was a massive pro evolution fan back in the day...pro evo 2 3 4 and 5 were very good and then it all went down hill. Pro evolution were battering fifa during this time and the difference between the games were massive. Fifa eventually caught up and Konami decided to mess up the whole brand in the last 3/4 years which is amazing. Finally they have brought out a half decent game again which i believe is more fun than fifa. The gameplay in pro evolution is more unpredictable. I feel when playing fifa is still looks a little cheap and tacky sometimes, though i still have a soft spot for it as my first game ever was fifa 98 road to the world cup lol.

At least and finally konami are going in the right direction and its brought me finally back to pro evolution.

The King

In my opinion PES 6 was and is one of the best football games ever, along with the aforementioned FIFA 98: RTWC. PES 2008 is where it went very, very wrong and even though they've improved a bit it's still not on FIFA's level. Shame.

AlFayedsChequebook

Apparently EA stole a load of Konami PES developers which was the reasoning behind the FIFA games getting so much better.

I loved all the PES games on my PS2 but as many have said they went downhill.

FIFA always used to be the flashy title that was all presentation and no gameplay and PES was the better actual game. Its sad the way it has turned out because nothing will ever match the heyday of the PES titles.

fulhamfan

ive got it on xbox if u fancy a game . gamertag: fulhamross

PES13 that is.

hongkongfulham

played the winning eleven version was a massive fan, but i like everyone else jumped ship to fifa reluctantly. I still miss tapping L1 for those pointless stepovers. and how anybody on red form was unreal! Miss the excitement of seeing who was on form when picking sides and seeing your mates rubbish form, ah the memories! Like the OP i tried the demos on my ps3 but never really grabbed me. Heard fifa 13 isnt great, maybe its time to go back...

on a side not did anyone play ISS (international superstar soccer) on n64 and ps2 (you could press l2 on the wing and have a one on one with the defender, awesome) or actua soccer?

King_Crud

I'm on PS3 but my online speed is a bit crap until I get it sorted in November.

FIFA is flashy, but overly complicated to play, with tricks and difficult defending techniques. PES keeps the basic pass, long pass, through ball play which makes it fun.

King_Crud

Quote from: hongkongfulham on September 26, 2012, 04:55:39 PM
on a side not did anyone play ISS (international superstar soccer) on n64 and ps2 (you could press l2 on the wing and have a one on one with the defender, awesome) or actua soccer?

Yes! Bloody brilliant. Played it from 98 until PES2 came out in 2002

costarican white

I love PES. I have a giulty pleasure on changing the unofficial teams, the names of the players (not all of them of course) and changing the uniforms as close as possible ot the real ones; to me, it is almost as fun as the game it self, where I still believe PES is better than FIFA.
Wherever there's a Costa Rican... there's peace.

EJL

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on September 26, 2012, 04:39:11 PM
Apparently EA stole a load of Konami PES developers which was the reasoning behind the FIFA games getting so much better.

I loved all the PES games on my PS2 but as many have said they went downhill.

FIFA always used to be the flashy title that was all presentation and no gameplay and PES was the better actual game. Its sad the way it has turned out because nothing will ever match the heyday of the PES titles.
Never heard about that before. Sounds very dodgy.

shnlwswlkr

Fifa is more like real Football. I only swayed towards PES for one, maybe two seasons. The whole issue with it not having the proper names for clubs or players annoys me and this will never change as FIFA is FIFA they'll never sell the rights to PES. Hence why they only manage to get Champions League teams under UEFA rights. All this just makes it feel like more of an arcade game than a proper football game! Having said that, this did make it more fun to play with mates.
I haven't played the PES13 demo yet though and I'm not sure I will after playing the Fifa 13 demo, I already have that on pre order biting at the bit for it to come through the door, it's smashed PES out the water again for me.

Shnlwswlkr88 on Playstation if anyone fancies a game once it's here!  :62:
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

hongkongfulham

Quote from: King_Crud on September 26, 2012, 05:06:27 PM
Quote from: hongkongfulham on September 26, 2012, 04:55:39 PM

Yes! Bloody brilliant. Played it from 98 until PES2 came out in 2002

077.gif

what a game! still think 98 was my favourite

Adam87

i actually thought when i played fifa 12 it was all rather robotic in the way it was predictable. The crossing and through balls are so much better in pro evo. Fifa has better skills. But in terms of fun to play, i just think pro evo will have it this year.