News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I truly believe QPR being in the Premier League......

Started by DiegoFulham, September 26, 2012, 11:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiegoFulham

is a good thing, I know this statement sounds weird but they make the league a lot more exciting for us and themselves, Chelsea fans don't really care about us or QPR until we get competitive like City have done with United in recent years, they see us very much so as a big rival likewise and when we play them there is a lot on the line, pride, passion and banter rights... Personally for myself i find that I personally hate Chelsea more then QPR but i always do look forward to playing them because in my mind i could see us having some really good games against them because both teams have very good players in them, with the whole added spice of Fulham Park Rangers, Bellend Hughes, Row Z amora and AJ added. I personally don't want them to go down so the rivalry will continue, I was sort of part relieved that they just managed to stay up, there again at the time, i really wanted those lot down the road to go down too.
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

HatterDon

I agree with you. It's nice having a local rivalry with a club that actually knows we exist. Chelsea are obsessed with Arsenal and Spurs. We're not even on their radar. Derbies against QPR, on the other hand, have meaning and real excitement. I hope they stay up as long as we do.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

DiegoFulham

Quote from: HatterDon on September 26, 2012, 11:25:53 PM
I agree with you. It's nice having a local rivalry with a club that actually knows we exist. Chelsea are obsessed with Arsenal and Spurs. We're not even on their radar. Derbies against QPR, on the other hand, have meaning and real excitement. I hope they stay up as long as we do.

Agree, I mean I personally believe that both clubs take it serious, and i'm really surprised that we aren't more of a rival with West Ham nowadays, West Ham for be could be a big rival also, any of you agree or is that just me? 

jazz hardrockin

Low expectation?....
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

Jack Fulham

hongkongfulham

id like for them to be a yoyo team. best of both worlds(ish)

Rupert

Just so long as we don't stay up only as long as they do  078.gif
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

RolandAJ

Quote from: hongkongfulham on September 27, 2012, 12:15:34 AM

I agree.

A couple minutes on that QPR fansite along with presence of the "ambitious one" and I wanted them to go down in the worst way last spring.  Their spending worries me though, because even a blind squirrel finds a nut every so often.

Roland
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy."  Milan Kundera

Or does that not count because it doesn't fit your grouch-centric opinion?

RidgeRider

I'd sort of like this frankly. I agree with most everything that has been said because having them in the Prem does make us more relevant and the rivalry even more alive, but having them as a yo-yo means they are constantly being challenged financially and with their roster so they don't get too firm a footing in the Prem which will keep them under our feet.  :dft012:

jazz hardrockin

Let them go to a lower division where they belong. Rivals??? FCC should start looking at a bigger scalp ,so does the the fans and supporters.
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

MJG

Nope, I hope they drop like a stone and end up going bust.

BalDrick

Take out the Hughes factor and them staying up wouldn't have been such a bad thing, but I'm sorry I can't stand that man. The other thing is they have lots of money and once they get a decent manager in, I can see them overtaking us, I really can.

They lost last night (thanks to the Pog, having been 2-1 up with less than 20 minutes to go) and Hughes' hold on that job must be starting to slip.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

TonyGilroy

I think we should enjoy it while we can. Savour the moment - it doesn't look like it will last.

filham

Quote from: RolandAJ on September 27, 2012, 12:45:31 AM

I agree.

A couple minutes on that QPR fansite along with presence of the "ambitious one" and I wanted them to go down in the worst way last spring.  Their spending worries me though, because even a blind squirrel finds a nut every so often.

Roland
Don't worry ,they have found more than one nut already.

domprague

Good to have local rivals.

I don't think they will soar, no matter how much cash they have. They have a small fan base and so will never generate much return. There also seems to be an impatience for success which will see a lot of turnover of players and managers.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

General

DiegoFulham

Quote from: MJG on September 27, 2012, 08:56:49 AM
Nope, I hope they drop like a stone and end up going bust.

so if they go bust you wouldn't care? That would leave us with only Chelsea who at the moment we aren't even close to in terms of footballing wise and little Brentford that nowadays are nothing more then other club, we're moving up, we need to give Chelsea a big derby!!

My first SW6 derby LIVE was the 2-2 draw when Dempsey scored last second.

Bertie Wooster

Agree with the author of the thread, after all QPR have decent not glory-hunter fans.
And they hosted us at their home when we were in trouble.
The only thing that annoys me is that we haven't won any major trophy in England whereas they have one League Cup won when they were in third division.
Any how, with the likes of Julio Cesar,  Granero, Cissè, Hoilett and Faurlin, I don't think they will risk to be relegated even if they have an "ambitious" awful manager. . .

JBH

Chelsea is our big Derby match, we have been in the premiership for over 10 seasons and have become established at that level.

QPR are local rivals due to their proximity but I don't class them as our main rivals.