watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How many more....

Started by earlbeatty, September 28, 2012, 12:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

earlbeatty

posts do I need to move from a squad player to a first team player??!!

Are the various different levels attainable on this site listed anywhere??

Thanks

EB

LBNo11

John Terry Fan Club   553   0   
Michael Jackson      133   1   
Youth Academy      433   2   
Lakey                      107   22   
Reserve              84   50   
tjl                      4   99   
Squad Player      91   100   
First Team              48   250   
for sale to big 4      54   500   
Legend              36   1000   
MAESTRO              16   2500   
Gentleman Jim      6   5000   
Finnster01              1   9739   
Mr Fayed              0   10000
Moritz Volz              2   15000   
Cliffy Dean              0   20000   
Mornington Crescent   0   50000   

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Boggers

What's the significance of Mornington Crescent?
"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

Peabody

Glad you asked. It was a project started in the early days of FOF and it produced some highly intellectural exchanges that gradually moved us around the Underground (Tube) with a Fulham twist.

Boggers

Did it end with everyone out on the lash in Camden?

Almost got myself three little balls!
"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

sunburywhite

Mornington Crescent is an improvisational game, featured in the BBC Radio 4 comedy panel show I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Logicalman

Mornington Crescent is THE ultimate game, to have not been fortunate enough to play it, means one has been unfortunate. There are those that say to have not played it signifies one might still have a few unfuddled brain cells, but those that say it are in the unfortunate caste, and so my journey starts, as it must, at Fulham Broadway .....

sunburywhite

it is assumed that because it was Friday yesterday you will know that the short rules only apply and from the 2nd turn in reverse order during September. Please also remember rule 7b: All Egyptian moves are disallowed except crossovers and double takes. This leads us to Turnham Green
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Count Berbatov

Quote from: LBNo11 on September 28, 2012, 01:25:18 PM

I'm sorry. I don't get it... Why the two numbers? Please explain. What do the balls below the nick indicate as well?
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

WhiteJC

Quote from: Count Berbatov on September 29, 2012, 06:29:25 AM
Quote from: LBNo11 on September 28, 2012, 01:25:18 PM

I'm sorry. I don't get it... Why the two numbers? Please explain. What do the balls below the nick indicate as well?

the 2 numbers...

the first number is the number of members who have reached the required number of posts, the 2nd number is the number of posts required to achieve the "status", the text is the status

Burt

My next stage is Mr Fayed. Looking forward to the gold plated loo and Swiss bank accounts!

Berserker

I would personally just like to be at the stage where somebody else cleaned my loos rather than have a gold one
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

CincyFulham1

Quote from: sunburywhite on September 29, 2012, 06:12:15 AM
it is assumed that because it was Friday yesterday you will know that the short rules only apply and from the 2nd turn in reverse order during September. Please also remember rule 7b: All Egyptian moves are disallowed except crossovers and double takes. This leads us to Turnham Green

Sunbury I think you strategy is flawed. You seem to have forgotten that rule 7g states that all Egyptian moves are allowed as long as your previous move was part of the Welsh Gambit. I'm off to Sloane Square.

sunburywhite

CF I was not playing under Armitage rules (no doubles, no shuffles, no Nidd) but instead I was using Mortimer Variations. Looks like I will pass you on my way to Belsize Park

CincyFulham1

Mortimer Variations, that's shrewed SBW I didn't see that coming.  I believe that if I play Crippen's Defense I should catch at Euston.

Lighthouse

Crippens Defence can only be used on the tenth move or after every ten moves. The only exception to that rule is if you start at a station. Hope that clears that up.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

sunburywhite

If you are using the full board and second edition revises rules (I can't be doing with blocking on lateral pathways, makes everything too hard) the the Bath variation overides such defences.

I'm going to Tottenham Court Road - whilst it's arguably one of the most exposed positions on the board I think that gives it a lot of strength

Lighthouse

Quote from: sunburywhite on September 29, 2012, 12:59:12 PM
If you are using the full board and second edition revises rules (I can't be doing with blocking on lateral pathways, makes everything too hard) the the Bath variation overides such defences.

I'm going to Tottenham Court Road - whilst it's arguably one of the most exposed positions on the board I think that gives it a lot of strength

And because it is so exposed few people like to use it. Very sly but clever. Although if you were blocking on lateral pathways, as you are aware, without a flash card you could be trapped.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

sunburywhite

Well thank you very much -- I'll happy take the 28 Days Later bonus, cross the Thames and move on over to Canada Water

CincyFulham1

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 29, 2012, 11:15:20 AM
Crippens Defence can only be used on the tenth move or after every ten moves. The only exception to that rule is if you start at a station. Hope that clears that up.

That would be true if this was a domestic game, but since I'm American that makes this a international game and rules state the defence can be played at any time as long as it is played north of the Thames.

Canada Water?  Nobody has made that move in 100 years...what are you up to?   I'm going to play my Ace of Spades which prevents you from making diaginal moves for 3 turns and I"m off to Bow Church which I know is a safe move, but I need to figure out what you have planned.