watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Club seeks help over Wolfsburg

Started by NorfolkJim, April 12, 2010, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorfolkJim

Perhaps in response to the comments being made about it, the club is now asking for help from supporters who saw the wolfsburg incident. This is over on the CC messageboard so if you did see something or have info, now that they've been poked into taking action, please do drop them a line.

Logicalman

.. as Jim said... http://cc.fulhamfc.com/forum/topics/request-for-assistance

Request for assistance
Posted by Fulham FC on April 12, 2010 at 12:43pm

The Club are aware of a serious incident that took place at the Irish Pub in Wolfsburg at approximately 4:00pm on 8th April, prior to the 2nd Leg of our Europa League Quarter-Final against VfL Wolfsburg. In conjunction with the relevant authorities, this is currently being investigated as a matter of priority.

If any supporters witnessed an incident inside the pub and would like to submit a formal account, please contact the Club directly by email at [email protected], giving your name, telephone number, and a convenient time to contact you. A member of our team will then contact you directly to obtain further information.

Thanks for your assistance.

Fulham FC

FatFreddysCat

To be honest to get only that little bit of trouble when you've got 2000 fans travelleling abroad is quite remarkable. It's only big news because we are Fulham, i'm sure other teams cause a lot more when they travel overseas.

NorfolkJim

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on April 12, 2010, 08:39:11 PM
To be honest to get only that little bit of trouble when you've got 2000 fans travelleling abroad is quite remarkable. It's only big news because we are Fulham, i'm sure other teams cause a lot more when they travel overseas.

Thats what makes us that little bit different - It may have been an isolated and rare incident but if true as described is utterly unacceptable and if our fans dont play their part in keeping it out of Fulham it will grow - One rotten apple in the barrel spoils the whole batch.

Over the years I've seen little hooligans come and go, usually driven out by our own fans. I'll never forget an old Div 3 match at Chesterfield. A little wannabe firm had turned up for a couple of matches, white jeans, skinheads, they stood out because of the circle of repugnance around them. When they picked on a hapless Chesterfield fan at the railway station, our own travelling fans turned on them and handed them over to the police. I remember one guy screaming into the thugs face "We dont want you at Fulham". One match later, they got the message, never saw them again after that

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: NorfolkJim on April 13, 2010, 08:43:09 AM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on April 12, 2010, 08:39:11 PM

Thats what makes us that little bit different - It may have been an isolated and rare incident but if true as described is utterly unacceptable and if our fans dont play their part in keeping it out of Fulham it will grow - One rotten apple in the barrel spoils the whole batch.

Over the years I've seen little hooligans come and go, usually driven out by our own fans. I'll never forget an old Div 3 match at Chesterfield. A little wannabe firm had turned up for a couple of matches, white jeans, skinheads, they stood out because of the circle of repugnance around them. When they picked on a hapless Chesterfield fan at the railway station, our own travelling fans turned on them and handed them over to the police. I remember one guy screaming into the thugs face "We dont want you at Fulham". One match later, they got the message, never saw them again after that

Hear hear!

os5889

In trhe  euphoria of victory and going out on the lash I missed all this, can someone give me the jist of what happened?

NorfolkJim

Quote from: os5889 on April 13, 2010, 09:48:33 AM
In trhe  euphoria of victory and going out on the lash I missed all this, can someone give me the jist of what happened?

In short
It was alleged that in Wolfsburg, at the Irish Pub, a group of Fulham fans, one of whom is black, were having a nice drink and minding their own business

It is alleged that a certain overweight skinhead (who has been named) came up and racially abused the young black lad, using the N word and words to the effect that his sort should not be at Fulham

It is alleged that the lad replied with a mild answer and one of his group also said something back to the skinhead, who, and now it get a bit less clear

Allegedly the Skinhead guy glassed or bottled the protesting fan and some suggest was similarly treated in response but its not clear by whom. Police stepped in but both fans were seen at the ground so presumably no arrests made.

Back in Blighty this gets reported at length on the Official messageboard, but the mods take the posts down

Posters complain and put posts back up, mods take them down again

Posters and others begin to complain to club accusing them of cover up and sweeping racism under the carpet.

Club finaly puts up request for information and once again pulls the posts, but not before photos have been published of both victim group and alleged racist

Brede Butter Pudding

Jim I've been banned from over there for getting so worked about it all. Just to clarify, all of this happened, but I do not feel comfortable giving a statement to the club having had quite a lot to drink and my memory being hazey. Enough people know exactly what happened for the club to take action. And I saw the glass-er if you will at the airport on the way home with two massive plasters across one side of his face, how they got there I have no idea but it was a nasty incident and one that needs to be dealt with. We don't need people like that at Fulham

Peabody

If this is proven, then the club should immediately ban this person and make public the fact that they have done so. Some may say that they wont do this because of the adverse publicity, well the fact is it happened (alledgedly) and is a poor advert for FFC. The club is always to the fore with its anti racism policies, well now is the time to act and if proven ban the so called Fulham fan for life. One question though, I do not fully understand how they police that decision, how do you stop a banned person from entering the ground?

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: Peabody on April 13, 2010, 10:43:04 AM
If this is proven, then the club should immediately ban this person and make public the fact that they have done so. Some may say that they wont do this because of the adverse publicity, well the fact is it happened (alledgedly) and is a poor advert for FFC. The club is always to the fore with its anti racism policies, well now is the time to act and if proven ban the so called Fulham fan for life. One question though, I do not fully understand how they police that decision, how do you stop a banned person from entering the ground?

Every club has people on life-bans. For example, if you ran naked across the pitch, or were caught racially abusing a player from your seat and were reported, you would be banned for life. I, like you, do not quite understand how they police it. Obviously you would not be able to buy a ST or any ticket for that matter, but how they stop somebody else buying a ticket for you I'm not sure. And you say "allegedly", but I have to tell you this definitely happened. We were drinking, having a good old sing song, and this bloke came over to the black lad and said something along the lines of "We don't want your kind here" and continued to use expletives and the N word as has previously been mentioned. The black lad replied by simply informing him that he was minding his own business and not doing anything wrong, and one of his mates stepped in (who was white) to confront the racist man. As a result, the racist smashed a bottle over his head and it all kicked off from there. I made myself scarce after that, I didn't want to get caught up in any of the argy bargy going on. The police came in and dealt with it pretty swiftly, they were already on site as a precaution to deal with anything that could kick off. It all got a bit more serious when riot police turned up accompanied by ambulances etc. Like I said, I didn't see the racist again until the airport boarding lounge, where he had two massive plasters across the left side of his face - I have no idea how they got there. The sickening thing is, the bloke was with his wife and child who all witnessed what happened. He's a disgrace to Fulham and needs to be dealt with pronto.

NorfolkJim

I only use the word "Allegedly" because a lawyer friend of mine once told me to litter any kind of accusatory writing with such terms in order to safeguard yourself from libel and defamation charges. Anyone can say that something was alleged, and theres lots of evidence here on the mesageboards to prove that in court - but if I say it definitely happened then I have to have the proof to back it up.

So I'm not doubting you one little bit. If the club has given you a messageboard ban I dont know why they have not given me one too - I've been pretty vocal too. But even if I'd had a few pints I would still give an account to the club. You can only say what you've said here. It takes a few people to draw up a clear account of something that happened.

Doesnt the lad who was abused ever read these boards, or his mates? I guess he might not want to make a big deal out of it, but I think we shouldn't just let this sort of thing go on and do nothing.

finnster01

Now I wasn't there and can't add anything to what transpired or not.

However, it saddens me to no end. Firstly, any squabble Fulham fan-to-Fulham fan is an absolute disgrace. Especially away from home. It used to be we looked after each other, not fight each other.

Secondly, the indications that this was racially motivated gets me a little worked up. I happen to have an American girlfriend who is black, I took her to the Cottage many a time last season when I was still spending most of my time in London. We NEVER had a bad experience at all. I now live with her in her apartment in Harlem in New York which her family has lived in since the 1920'ies. And you know what, this is a predominately black neighbourhood but has come a long way and is very different from what it used to be. None the less, I have had very little issues with the locals, even though I am often the only white guy in certain establishments I have been treated extremely well.

All I know is if my girlfriend cuts her finger, her blood is the same colour as mine. So to hear that Fulham fans now are attacking other Fulham fans because of skin colour just outrages me. If this chap has done what is alleged, they should lock him up and throw away the key. What happened to "Kick Racism out of Football"? I guess it has gone down the same toilet as the "Respect" for the referee campaign.

Friendly banter over northerners, scousers, east enders, french, italians, germans and what not etc. has always existed and in my book is all part of the game and in good jest. But skin colour, is a completely different story and I really find that to be outrageous. I can tell you, if I went up to a table of brothers in Harlem and used the N word, I would never be heard from again.

You get a long way by showing respect. I guess people have forgotten what respect means these days. This shite is not on, and it really bothers me.   
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: NorfolkJim on April 13, 2010, 11:57:07 AM
I only use the word "Allegedly" because a lawyer friend of mine once told me to litter any kind of accusatory writing with such terms in order to safeguard yourself from libel and defamation charges. Anyone can say that something was alleged, and theres lots of evidence here on the mesageboards to prove that in court - but if I say it definitely happened then I have to have the proof to back it up.

So I'm not doubting you one little bit. If the club has given you a messageboard ban I dont know why they have not given me one too - I've been pretty vocal too. But even if I'd had a few pints I would still give an account to the club. You can only say what you've said here. It takes a few people to draw up a clear account of something that happened.

Doesnt the lad who was abused ever read these boards, or his mates? I guess he might not want to make a big deal out of it, but I think we shouldn't just let this sort of thing go on and do nothing.

sorry Jim I wasn't having a go mate and I understand your point, you always need to be careful!

FatFreddysCat

I've been reliably informed that the fella in question has been banned for life. Phew i thought i was going to cop some for that, even i thought i was the prime suspect.