watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just Got Back

Started by Peabody, September 29, 2012, 06:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Have to say that City fully deserved that win and whilst we worked hard and made them work even harder, we would have committed daylight robbery if we had got anything out of the game. When you consider how good their squad is, this should not have been a surprise. Oh yeah, guess who just scored a third for Spurs?

Berserker

Well i suppose one consolation in City having to work harder to beat us is that it might put a bit of a spanner in their Champions league game next week
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

copthornemike

Man City second half subs - Nasri, Ballotelli and Dzeko - sums up the difference between the teams.

In the end did well to hold them for 87 minutes

Matt Inglis

I'm proud of the boys, a great effort.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

MasterHaynes

Just our luck that Silva decides to show his best form for some time in this game, but hats off to everyone today they put in a real shift, everyone covered so much ground and kept their shape, couldn't have asked for anymore - apart from Riisse not making the decision to stoop down to get his head on that ball

alfie

Quote from: MasterHaynes on September 29, 2012, 07:25:32 PM
Just our luck that Silva decides to show his best form for some time in this game, but hats off to everyone today they put in a real shift, everyone covered so much ground and kept their shape, couldn't have asked for anymore - apart from Riisse not making the decision to stoop down to get his head on that ball

I am sure if he could have he would have, i thought Riisse was one of our most positive players, it was very noticiable that he had no cover or help from Hugo, how many times was he left exposed.

the only other thing that stood out for me was our Greek sub i know he has not played in a while but i thought he looked knackered after about 10 mins of coming on.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Fulham_Surrey

Just got back.  Petric missed a golden chance in the first half. Had we gone up 2-0, it would have been different.  Plus, that Ruiz shot after Rodallega's free kick that bounced off the side netting.  He had to make that.  But it happens. I thought we played very well.  Shows also how much better the team is with Berba playing.  I hope he recovers for the game against the Saints.

ron

Agree about that Petric chance wasted from a perfect cross.

The big difference between the teams was winning the ball in the air, which we weren't doing! Apart from the obvious ability to then keep possession.

But the best team won, and not much more can be said.

ffcbulgaria

Quote from: Fulham_Surrey on September 29, 2012, 07:50:51 PM
Just got back.  Petric missed a golden chance in the first half. Had we gone up 2-0, it would have been different.  Plus, that Ruiz shot after Rodallega's free kick that bounced off the side netting.  He had to make that.  But it happens. I thought we played very well.  Shows also how much better the team is with Berba playing.  I hope he recovers for the game against the Saints.

Now that's a bit harsh. You can't compare us being class with Berbatov vs Wigan or WBA to losing while fighting hard and having some decent chances vs Man City.... We were amazing vs Norwich - where was Berbatov then?

PipBritFFC

Have to agree with what was said here, I thought we gave a good account of ourselves, especially with all the injuries we have.  They had their chances and deserved to win.  But then we had our chances when we hit them on the break and we had 3 excellent chances to score (the Petric one, the header from the corner early in the second half that went wide, and that Ruiz shot that was well saved towards the end).  It gives me hope that we can hold our own against one of the best teams in the league, and when Diarra, Berba and others come back I think we will do well.

Did anyone else see the stewards drag that Fan away from H1 towards the end of the first half?  I was quite close to it, all I know is that one of the stewards went back there to tell everyone to sit down.  I'm not sure what this guy did/said to the steward but all of a sudden 7 stewards appeared and they dragged him away kicking and screaming.  Really unusual to see that especially at the cottage.  I know alot of the fans around him went to complain about how he was treated during the half time break.  Dunno what he did to bring a sudden show of force?

Scrumpy

Agree with most of this. I'm glad to see a measured response to this defeat. I said to the people I sit with, the current Man City team is possibly the best team of 11 players I have ever seen at The Cottage. Would be hard to argue against it. They were pretty awesome and I think many teams would have been blown away long before we were.

Funny how we were worried about a slow start! We started really well and then just slowly got less and less of the ball.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.