watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Strong hands

Started by The Swan, October 01, 2012, 08:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

A tale of two keepers. Man City keeper Jor Hart has a strong pair of hands. He used them when he made a good save from Ruiz in the second half. The ball rebounded well outside the penalty area. When our keeper Mark saved twice by pushing the ball away. He got away with it the first time but just before half time he just pushed the ball away and the rest is history. I rate mark but he must get stronger when he pushes the ball away.
The Swan

simplyfulham

Oh no, not fair examples to make for your point!

I'd like to see the first one as I don't remember it from the top of my head. But the goal incident, silva got a toe to the ball no more then 5 yards from goal. It changed the flight of the ball massively. That is difficult for any keeper to deal with, let alone to push around the post.

Ruiz's shot ad Hart was a) straight at him! And b) was from distance. This gave pace on the ball for hart to use to push away and far him time to size up.

After watching Niemi not palm anything further then half a yard away from himself ever, watching Mark deal with shots is a blessing.

cmg

Quote from: The Swan on October 01, 2012, 08:13:16 PM

I rate mark but he must get stronger when he pushes the ball away.

Give the lad a few years, I'm sure he'll get the hang of it in time.

os5889

First save from Schwarzer from silva was stunning, just a pity the ball ended up at Agueros feet!

Second goal was Riises fault unfortunately

Burt

Schwarzer had to dive to make the save, and under normal circumstances it would have been a great one were it not for Aguero following in so quickly.

Hart's save was much more straight forward, as he had more time to see it and it was closer to the body.

Berserker

Maybe Hart's got bigger hands as well!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

costarican white

I rate Mark too, but I saw two actions during the game where didn't manage the timing.

One the whole Man C was claiming to the referee about something (can't really recall what) and Mark instead of moving the ball immediately he waited for them, and there was other where he did the opposite, they were pushing at us constantly and he got the ball, instead of calm down the pace just a bit he pass it immediately with absolutely not advantage to Riise I think, the result, Man C got the ball again.

I don't blame him at all for the goals.
Wherever there's a Costa Rican... there's peace.

Walsh

Quote from: costarican white on October 01, 2012, 09:44:33 PM
I rate Mark too, but I saw two actions during the game where didn't manage the timing.

One the whole Man C was claiming to the referee about something (can't really recall what) and Mark instead of moving the ball immediately he waited for them, and there was other where he did the opposite, they were pushing at us constantly and he got the ball, instead of calm down the pace just a bit he pass it immediately with absolutely not advantage to Riise I think, the result, Man C got the ball again.

I don't blame him at all for the goals.

I am pretty sure he was given orders to do something along these lines... it's called quick countering.