News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: I am going to take some heat for this.

Started by Nightwind15, October 01, 2012, 09:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Trouble is he thought he as till Woy told him a few home truths

Yellow Jacket

December 1st will be the day of reckoning. If he scores he going to not celebrate as he expects to score like in every game. I'm sure Fulham aren't important (or ever was really) for him to play harder against the team.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Gozorich on October 02, 2012, 07:14:28 PM
Quote from: A Humble Man on October 02, 2012, 11:22:52 AM
In my view he was never content, always looked a bit surly and even when he scored did not get congratulated by his team mates that much.  Not popular and not happy for some reason.  Spurs have always been known as a happy go lucky club who used to train on booze and for all I know still do.

Oddly he has been very complementary about Hughes so they obviously got on, but then Hughes was always a little surly himself as a players.

How dare you criticise God before clearing it with Hatters and Toodles first. Next thing you'll be demanding to have an opinion of you're own!!  fp.gif

I believe I said the posts were entertaining. I hope they keep coming.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

HatterDon

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on October 02, 2012, 08:37:10 PM
Quote from: Gozorich on October 02, 2012, 07:14:28 PM
Quote from: A Humble Man on October 02, 2012, 11:22:52 AM
In my view he was never content, always looked a bit surly and even when he scored did not get congratulated by his team mates that much.  Not popular and not happy for some reason.  Spurs have always been known as a happy go lucky club who used to train on booze and for all I know still do.

Oddly he has been very complementary about Hughes so they obviously got on, but then Hughes was always a little surly himself as a players.

How dare you criticise God before clearing it with Hatters and Toodles first. Next thing you'll be demanding to have an opinion of you're own!!  fp.gif

I believe I said the posts were entertaining. I hope they keep coming.

And I believe that they were so entertaining, I broke out laughing. But, hey, who am I to question how you see things? That seems to be your job today.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Count Berbatov

Quote from: ffcbulgaria on October 02, 2012, 07:51:28 AM
I think I see what the problem really is.
If you start a thread about how good players are now that they've gone it somehow disturbs some people. For example if it was about how poor they are now they've moved you would get a more positive response. Thing is people (and so do I) don't want to hear that wherever our players went is a good place and they're good there or happier than they were with us.

You notice people make fun of QPR for example and what a failure they are. Now come on the forum tomorrow and start a topic about how good a team they have arranged and how good it is that they're in the Premierleague.
What replies would you expect?

Like I said for me that's how it stands. It's not that it's forbidden to speak about Dempsey or Dembele but like someone mentioned above - starting a new topic concerning both or one of them every day is getting on some of the posters nerves.
I doubt any of our new posters here, that are fans of Berbatov, are doing the same on the Manchester United forum and telling people how happy the player is at Fulham and how disappointed he was before. (Or they could be but ask them personally)
Wrong. Many are happy for him and think SAF treated him unfairly and wish him luck. Very few have ill feelings towards him, mostly recognizing his talent, but also the fact that him and Rooney were competing for the same spot. I'm on RedCafe and provide quotes, but you can also simply open the massive thread on Berba and see for yourself.
Now back to Dempsey. He was ok and I too noticed him looking unusually happy. Wide smile and all. It was an easy tap in, sort of, but he was very happy as it prove to be the winning goal. Played ok imo
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

MJG

Are they starting new threads everyday about him, or is it on one appreciation thread? That's whats pissing me off.
I would be happy to see a sticky which members of the DDL and those who miss him can post their daily love letters to him.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: Nightwind15 on October 01, 2012, 09:54:40 PM
I watch a great deal of EPL football mostly to see what to expect when we play the other teams.  One thing I notice watching the Man U and Spurs match (really exciting football match) was how happy Dempsey was before during and after the match.  He was actually smiling, something he seldom did on television while with us.  He seemed really happy and not so brooding. Just an observation.    

Yes !! you are correct,   he is smiling and the panda eyes have gone.  I reckon  he had work done during the self imposed sabbatical while being paid by Fulham
Maybe, He is more comfortable being a Manna 
Cah !! di man dem wanna fly up North ...................innit !!! 

Black and White Blood

Hi
Let me introduce myself.
Despite this being my first post, I've followed the Whites since we were in the old first division, so I've seen a few players come and go.
Strikes me , the thing that has got to most of us about the whole Demps amd Dembele thing, is that we were very close to putting together a team that could challenge the top teams. Berbatov could have proved to be the missing link and it's a shame we will never know how they would all have played together.
That said, we have seen it all before.  Can you imagine Saha alongside Mc Bride ?
Let's leave it at that, we still have a good team with some good young players coming in. Jol is ambitious ( despite what Mark Hughes might think ) so expect some good new signings during the next window.
There's always a bit of heartache supporting Fulham but it's worth it.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Black and White Blood on October 02, 2012, 11:13:54 PM
Hi
Let me introduce myself.
Despite this being my first post, I've followed the Whites since we were in the old first division, so I've seen a few players come and go.
Strikes me , the thing that has got to most of us about the whole Demps amd Dembele thing, is that we were very close to putting together a team that could challenge the top teams. Berbatov could have proved to be the missing link and it's a shame we will never know how they would all have played together.
That said, we have seen it all before.  Can you imagine Saha alongside Mc Bride ?
Let's leave it at that, we still have a good team with some good young players coming in. Jol is ambitious ( despite what Mark Hughes might think ) so expect some good new signings during the next window.
There's always a bit of heartache supporting Fulham but it's worth it.

Commendable first post. Well put.  :medal:
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ffcbulgaria

Quote from: Count Berbatov on October 02, 2012, 09:27:08 PM
I doubt any of our new posters here, that are fans of Berbatov, are doing the same on the Manchester United forum and telling people how happy the player is at Fulham

Wrong. Many are happy for him and think SAF treated him unfairly and wish him luck. Very few have ill feelings towards him, mostly recognizing his talent, but also the fact that him and Rooney were competing for the same spot. I'm on RedCafe and provide quotes, but you can also simply open the massive thread on Berba and see for yourself.

See you didn't even answer. Are you or are you not starting new topics on Berbatov at the mentioned redcafe daily? Cause if you are not doing that I am actually quite right.
In the same time some Dempsey fans start the threads on here and don't even bother going to the Spurs forum for that.

Yellow Jacket

Comparing Manchester United to Fulham. That's ever so intelligent.

ffcbulgaria

Quote from: Yellow Jacket on October 03, 2012, 12:00:44 AM

comparing fans of two players posting on forums of their former club is quite relevant though

Forever Fulham

I couldn't agree more, Black and White Blood.  We only needed a few extra pieces to make a serious run.   And I'd like to think the Dems would have been more amenable to staying had we already signed quality like Berbatov.  In any event, he'd rather start for Fulham than rot on the bench at Man U.  Just my opinion.   We need a real holding mid now, now, now.   

Count Berbatov

Quote from: ffcbulgaria on October 02, 2012, 11:44:24 PM
Quote from: Count Berbatov on October 02, 2012, 09:27:08 PM
I doubt any of our new posters here, that are fans of Berbatov, are doing the same on the Manchester United forum and telling people how happy the player is at Fulham

See you didn't even answer. Are you or are you not starting new topics on Berbatov at the mentioned redcafe daily? Cause if you are not doing that I am actually quite right.
In the same time some Dempsey fans start the threads on here and don't even bother going to the Spurs forum for that.

Well I thought I did. You're asking if people are "telling people how happy the player is at Fulham"

But no we don't start new threads about it every day, because the rules are strictly enforced, threads locked, merged and people banned for starting too many threads on the same topic. It's necessary with 50,000 members and 300,000 threads already. You don't have that big a problem here and people are quite good about it. It's not like you have to scroll through 500 pages or anything like that. 

Back to the OP. I see nothing wrong with Dempsey happy and all smiles. It hurts, I know. But he won't control his emotions after scoring the winner at Old Trafford. I'm sure he won't celebrate if he scored against Fulham
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Yellow Jacket

Quote from: ffcbulgaria on October 03, 2012, 12:35:09 AM
Quote from: Yellow Jacket on October 03, 2012, 12:00:44 AM

comparing fans of two players posting on forums of their former club is quite relevant though

Not when one club has won the English First Division title over nineteen times and have won the CL competition where fantastic players come in and out like clockwork and their fans are so spoiled they couldn't careless whose in or out or miss him. Especially when he was dead last in the pecking order for him position regardless of the fact that he was joint top scorer in one season.

Compared to another club who struggles to even get noticed by their defending CL title holding neighbors whose only notable thing recently done was finishing runner-up in a second rate European competition (which needs to give the winner an automatic CL place the next year to be relevant). This club also finishes mid table consistently and doesn't have nearly the prestige, money or players to compete with the best of them consistently like the first club I referenced. Also losing a player who is this particular club's all time leading PL goal scorer and was responsible for 17 points acquired which was second last season only to RVP (you know who he plays for now).

Let's see who I would give a rat's tail about if I was a fan of the club of the first paragraph, RVP or Berbatov. Berbatov could go straight to hell. I'm not trying to slag Fulham or Berbatov but you're not being realistic here and it is thereby irrelevant.

JBH

Dempsey has become such a baby that I expect it was actually wind!

Nightwind15

Quote from: JBH on October 03, 2012, 06:36:00 AM
One thing Dempsey is not is a baby.  He like McBride never shied from taking a hit to get to a ball.  All this being said I wish Dempsey well at Spurs until we play them. 
I played in the first match I ever saw!

epsomraver

Quote from: Nightwind15 on October 04, 2012, 03:20:41 PM
Quote from: JBH on October 03, 2012, 06:36:00 AM
One thing Dempsey is not is a baby.  He like McBride never shied from taking a hit to get to a ball.  All this being said I wish Dempsey well at Spurs until we play them. 
To compare Dempsey to McBride is an insult to Brian, he never sulked, fell over easily, sat on the ground and couldn't be bothered , Brian gave 100% every game, same could never be said for Dempsey.