News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: I am going to take some heat for this.

Started by Nightwind15, October 01, 2012, 09:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightwind15

I watch a great deal of EPL football mostly to see what to expect when we play the other teams.  One thing I notice watching the Man U and Spurs match (really exciting football match) was how happy Dempsey was before during and after the match.  He was actually smiling, something he seldom did on television while with us.  He seemed really happy and not so brooding. Just an observation.  
I played in the first match I ever saw!

costarican white

Wherever there's a Costa Rican... there's peace.

alexbishop

Happy because he scored and beat Man U...

I've seen him plenty happy with us.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Willard

Basil

Bordering on the boring now.
Far more interested in how happy Berbatov is at Fulham that how happy Dempsey is at Spurs.

Admin

Quote from: Nightwind15 on October 01, 2012, 09:54:40 PM
I watch a great deal of EPL football mostly to see what to expect when we play the other teams.  One thing I notice watching the Man U and Spurs match (really exciting football match) was how happy Dempsey was before during and after the match.  He was actually smiling, something he seldom did on television while with us.  He seemed really happy and not so brooding. Just an observation.  

So would I be with a 20k a week wage rise.

Forever Fulham

I think you are winding people up here for no good reason.  1. He got to start.  2. He  scored the game winning goal for a victory that meant a lot to his new coach and owner.  Of course he'd be happy.  He was happy at Fulham too.  As to your brooding comment, he had to play all over the pitch for us, was marked, elbowed, shoved, pushed, sandwiched--you name it--defenders keyed in on him.  When didn't have a welt or a black eye?  It was kind of comical in an odd way. And I think international duty tired him out.  I think there were times he was a bit beaten down. But it sure looked like he respected and enjoyed playing with his Fulham teammates.   I can't wait until we play them. 

ToodlesMcToot

"I know I'm going to take some heat for this, but.....lemme just see if I can't troll up a fight."

This should've been your lead in. Don't care how you characterize your intent. You knew which direction this would head before you typed the first letter.

Please let it die. All this does is cause division on the board. It's just like whichever form of "what is it about Americans?" thread that some here seem so fond of trotting out every now and again. There's not point to it but to cause division.

It's become an unwelcome and somewhat ugly characteristic of this board.

Sorry. Had to vent a little. Rant over.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Jack Fulham

In fairness, I always thought he looked very angry when he played for Fulham which is maybe why I never warmed to him as player but he always did a good job so i can't complain. I know a lot of people that change like that when playing football or some other sport and are completely different people off the pitch. The whole stop mentioning Dempsey brigade is getting a bit boring now. What is wrong with mentioning former players, it makes us look terribly bitter.

Nightwind15

Frankly I would not trade Berbatov to get Dempsey back.  I have always rated Berb and really think he will surpass Dempsey in scoring this year.  My post was no wind up as mentioned above.  Simply an observation in the mans demeanor.   Fulham is my team of choice and will be but as stated I watch other teams each week to see what to expect when we meet them.  Sorry I wound some of you up it was not the intent.  I direct this only to those that assume my intent and we all know what assume does for one. Have a nice day ladies and gentlemen and COYW~
I played in the first match I ever saw!

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: Nightwind15 on October 02, 2012, 03:42:06 AM
Frankly I would not trade Berbatov to get Dempsey back.  I have always rated Berb and really think he will surpass Dempsey in scoring this year.  My post was no wind up as mentioned above.  Simply an observation in the mans demeanor.   Fulham is my team of choice and will be but as stated I watch other teams each week to see what to expect when we meet them.  Sorry I wound some of you up it was not the intent.  Net let me see if I say kiss my ass does this get me banned?  I direct this only to those that assume my intent and we all know what assume does for one. Have a nice day ladies and gentlemen and COYW~

why not take your "how much happier Dempsey is" discussion to a Spurs messageboard where, I am sure you will be most welcome...

ffcbulgaria

I think I see what the problem really is.
If you start a thread about how good players are now that they've gone it somehow disturbs some people. For example if it was about how poor they are now they've moved you would get a more positive response. Thing is people (and so do I) don't want to hear that wherever our players went is a good place and they're good there or happier than they were with us.

You notice people make fun of QPR for example and what a failure they are. Now come on the forum tomorrow and start a topic about how good a team they have arranged and how good it is that they're in the Premierleague.
What replies would you expect?

Like I said for me that's how it stands. It's not that it's forbidden to speak about Dempsey or Dembele but like someone mentioned above - starting a new topic concerning both or one of them every day is getting on some of the posters nerves.
I doubt any of our new posters here, that are fans of Berbatov, are doing the same on the Manchester United forum and telling people how happy the player is at Fulham and how disappointed he was before. (Or they could be but ask them personally)

FC Silver Fox

In the words of that 80s crime series :  Makepeace and Dempsey
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

He's gone and moved on,lets hope a few here can do the same

A Humble Man

In my view he was never content, always looked a bit surly and even when he scored did not get congratulated by his team mates that much.  Not popular and not happy for some reason.  Spurs have always been known as a happy go lucky club who used to train on booze and for all I know still do.

Oddly he has been very complementary about Hughes so they obviously got on, but then Hughes was always a little surly himself as a players.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

HatterDon

Quote from: A Humble Man on October 02, 2012, 11:22:52 AM
In my view he was never content, always looked a bit surly and even when he scored did not get congratulated by his team mates that much.  Not popular and not happy for some reason.  Spurs have always been known as a happy go lucky club who used to train on booze and for all I know still do.

Oddly he has been very complementary about Hughes so they obviously got on, but then Hughes was always a little surly himself as a players.

064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif uh, and tee hee
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ToodlesMcToot

In my view you should continue smoking whatever it is you smoke before posting. It really is entertaining.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Gozorich

In my view he was never content, always looked a bit surly and even when he scored did not get congratulated by his team mates that much.  Not popular and not happy for some reason.  Spurs have always been known as a happy go lucky club who used to train on booze and for all I know still do.

How dare you criticise God before clearing it with Hatters and Toodles first. Next thing you'll be demanding to have an opinion of you're own!!  fp.gif

A Humble Man

Quote from: Gozorich on October 02, 2012, 07:14:28 PM
In my view he was never content, always looked a bit surly and even when he scored did not get congratulated by his team mates that much.  Not popular and not happy for some reason.  Spurs have always been known as a happy go lucky club who used to train on booze and for all I know still do.

How dare you criticise God before clearing it with Hatters and Toodles first. Next thing you'll be demanding to have an opinion of you're own!!  fp.gif

Johnny Haynes always looked fed up, but that was because he was always such a class above his team mates CD did not have that excuse.
We Are Fulham, Believe.