watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bottom!

Started by St Eve, October 02, 2012, 01:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

Rock bottom and no wins in 6 games. Knocked out of the cup. I doubt if Mr Hughes is sleeping very well these days.

Holders

Nothing would please me more than to see him get his come-uppance. However, I can see him getting them to mid-table by the end of the season, it's too early to gloat.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Count Berbatov

Can't believe they're last with the quality players they have. Puzzling to say the least.
However, as your biggest rivals...the hell with them! Hope they go down and take Liverpool with them
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

mr-ska

What's the difference between a triangle and QPR? A triangle has got 3 points Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

EdenRob

Yeah, but at least he's with a bigger club  :005:

ron

I see Fernandes has just given Sparky his backing.

This is generally the football equivalent of the judge putting on the black cap !

Nero

QPR more initials then points 

Andy_M

As much as I am enjoying QPR being bottom and Hughes appearing to be failing pretty badly having spent a lot of money I think we should all think back to how poor we were under Hughes at first, took him half a season to get us playing any kind of decent football.

Just think that if we begin laughing and gloating too early it'll only come back to haunt us!
@got_maile

Rupert

Quote from: Andy_M on October 02, 2012, 10:23:25 AM
As much as I am enjoying QPR being bottom and Hughes appearing to be failing pretty badly having spent a lot of money I think we should all think back to how poor we were under Hughes at first, took him half a season to get us playing any kind of decent football.

Just think that if we begin laughing and gloating too early it'll only come back to haunt us!

That's a very good point, but to counter it, he already has had half a season with our dearest rivals, and if he is going to turn it round, he needs to do so very quickly.
Anyway, all gloating is temporary, so we may as well get some in while we can.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

AlFayedsChequebook

I think they will be fine eventually, but there is a crucial difference between us and QPR.

We were a well established team with a game plan. QPR are a hodge podge of 30+ players after several seasons of high player turnover.

Current QPR are more Sanchez era Fulham than Hughes era Fulham. Lets see if Hughes has what it takes to turn them around.

Also, its not just the fact they are doing badly, it is the fact that Hughes told everyone that they would never do badly again and spent loads of money.

Andy_M

Quote from: Rupert on October 02, 2012, 10:27:09 AM

That's a very good point, but to counter it, he already has had half a season with our dearest rivals, and if he is going to turn it round, he needs to do so very quickly.
Anyway, all gloating is temporary, so we may as well get some in while we can.

Oh don't worry Rupert I am getting in my gloating to my QPR supporting friends whilst I can! They were terrible in the first half last night, was a pleasure to sit next to them and watch them get more and more frustrated, I hardly needed to say anything when they were playing like that!
@got_maile

Apprentice to the Maestro

Some people believe that Hughes turned it around after the West Ham game. Others incline to the view that the team took over and reverted to Hodgson's approach to save the season.

A Humble Man

Please do not get a Hughes I am still convinced he was pushed out to get Jol in not because he thought we lacked ambition.  MAF never really wanted Hughes he was the only manager he could get on a one season contract.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Rupert

Quote from: A Humble Man on October 02, 2012, 11:04:20 AM
Please do not get a Hughes I am still convinced he was pushed out to get Jol in not because he thought we lacked ambition.  MAF never really wanted Hughes he was the only manager he could get on a one season contract.

Fair play to you for sticking up for him, obviously you aren't taking the popular option, however, you must remember the "ambition" quote came from Hughes himself. So, if you are right, that would mean he was not telling the truth, which makes no sense whatsoever to me as it painted Hughes in a very poor light and made the club the victims of his ambition.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

A Humble Man

Quote from: Rupert on October 02, 2012, 11:09:44 AM
Please do not get a Hughes I am still convinced he was pushed out to get Jol in not because he thought we lacked ambition.  MAF never really wanted Hughes he was

the only manager he could get on a one season contract.

Fair play to you for sticking up for him, obviously you aren't taking the popular option, however, you must remember the "ambition" quote came from Hughes himself. So, if you are right, that would mean he was not telling the truth, which makes no sense whatsoever to me as it painted Hughes in a very poor light and made the club the victims of his ambition.

He was well paid for his lies and did not rush into another job, again part of the agreement.  The World is full of conspiracies that the majority of people do not know area happening.  I speak from experience.

Read about this business with JP Morgan, as some of the papers have said if you made it into a horror film it would not be believable.  People doing crazy thing and then doing even more crazy things to hide it.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: A Humble Man on October 02, 2012, 11:30:11 AM
Please do not get a Hughes I am still convinced he was pushed out to get Jol in not because he thought we lacked ambition.  MAF never really wanted Hughes he was

He was well paid for his lies and did not rush into another job, again part of the agreement.  The World is full of conspiracies that the majority of people do not know area happening.  I speak from experience.

Read about this business with JP Morgan, as some of the papers have said if you made it into a horror film it would not be believable.  People doing crazy thing and then doing even more crazy things to hide it.

Hmm. The idea that Hughes was forced out then paid hush money is a pretty extreme conspiracy theory.

We all know Jol was on the shortlist before Hughes, but after an 8th place finish and a club looking for stability why would Fulham force him out? Remember that there was ample opportunity to get rid of him post -Boxing Day and bring in the then free agent Jol but we persisted with him.

Also, why did Mo write an angry letter to the papers denouncing Hughes as a 'strange man' - surely there would be no need for this reaction if it was all pre-planned and amicable?

mr-ska

Aaron

I think they'll stay up.  That squad is "too good" to get relegated.

Mind you, I think I've change my opinion on having a local rival in the league now.  I'd as soon concentrate on finishing above Liverpool to be honest and forget about QPR.  I just hate any team that does this bullpoo poorly managed / spending beyond their means crap.  QPR are the absolute epitome of what is wrong with football.  They spend endless money on mercenaries, give them far too much in the way of wages and if you have a crap game they just buy a replacement for you.

Of course, QPR fans will say that I'm just jealous at the depth and quality in their squad and how I can't accept that they are a club on their way to much bigger and better things while Fulham are in some sort of terminal decline.  Hmmm.. Yeah, I noticed that.

There is no logic to half the signings they have made and obviously no cohesion in the team either.  It's like a child playing football manager with a cheat mode enabled or something.

I'd love to see them fall on their arses and do a Pompey to be honest.  Anything to reinforce the message that this kind of business model in a football club is a bad idea is fine by me.

A Humble Man

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on October 02, 2012, 11:37:54 AM
Quote from: A Humble Man on October 02, 2012, 11:30:11 AM

Hmm. The idea that Hughes was forced out then paid hush money is a pretty extreme conspiracy theory.

We all know Jol was on the shortlist before Hughes, but after an 8th place finish and a club looking for stability why would Fulham force him out? Remember that there was ample opportunity to get rid of him post -Boxing Day and bring in the then free agent Jol but we persisted with him.

Also, why did Mo write an angry letter to the papers denouncing Hughes as a 'strange man' - surely there would be no need for this reaction if it was all pre-planned and amicable?

Perhaps Hughes reneged on the deal and got MAF cross.  Lies on top of lies becomes a difficult game to play why a lot of conspiracies fall apart at the seams.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

jarv

Apprentice to maestro has a point. A mate of my son, Fulham employee and very good source, said there was a large element of player power after the West ham debacle. This did have a bearing on Hughes quitting.
It is history now anyway. Have a pint or two and look forward to the next 3 games and shooting up to top 6. :028: