watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hughes/QPR - would you rather?

Started by Boggers, October 02, 2012, 12:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boggers

While everyone is still catching jokes about how bad our rivals and Mr Ambition are doing, I thought I would capitalise with a classic 'would you rather' scenario.

So, would you rather:

A) Hughes gets fired tomorrow and QPR stay up

or

B) Hughes keeps his job but QPR go down

For me, it's A all day long, Hughes sinks without a trace (hopefully ending up at Blackburn) and we get to carrying on playing our closest rivals.
"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

Fletchino

FFC1987

Quote from: FLETCHINO on October 02, 2012, 12:31:42 PM
B I want them down joke club

It's a no brainer surely! B, it's like Hovis best of both!

Rupert

There are a number of Premiership teams I would like to see go down (no, not 19 of them, I like Wigan, for example), but right now QPHa are in pole position, so I would have to go with "B".
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Peabody

I am in the careful what you wish for camp because, if they got rid of Hughes, they may get a better Manager (Rednap?) and end up better than us. So I go for B

jarv

As long as we are in the premier, I hope Wigan NEVER go down. Guaranteed 4points a season at least. QPR should also be another 4 points minimum, (and Norwich). West Ham down for me because it seems we can never beat them, home or away.
Blackburn to stay down too, we don't do so well against them either.

In fact, like the American voting system, just jerrymander the league so we get the teams we want in power.  (sorry HD and RR, had to say it).

Burt

Airfix

Quote from: Peabody on October 02, 2012, 12:39:33 PM
I am in the careful what you wish for camp because, if they got rid of Hughes, they may get a better Manager (Rednap?) and end up better than us. So I go for B

Amen

In spades

With knobs on

gezkc

I'd love to see Mark "Ambition" Hughes managing in the Championship next season, so it's B for me.

Boggers

Seems like B is getting all the points.

I just want the instant gratification of seeing that complete and utter shank getting his marching orders ASAP
"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

nose

I have no opinion re QPR and am always surprised at the amount of space taken up discussing them. they just happen to be up the road otherwise they are a matter of of supreme indifference to me except when we play them.
As far as Hughes is concerned, that is a different thing.
He was our manager and left in foolish circumstances and opened his mouth when it would have been better to keep it well shut! I do not wish him illas such,  but am content that he isn't doing well! I think QPR should let him go.

Willard

I would choose B but I would be very interested in Hughes' reaction to life in the Championship.

Would he resign or would he stay? If he left would QPR and the media get a replay of the 'I'm ambitious' statement?

I can but dream.

Chesh

Quote from: nose on October 02, 2012, 01:18:42 PM
I have no opinion re QPR and am always surprised at the amount of space taken up discussing them. they just happen to be up the road otherwise they are a matter of of supreme indifference to me except when we play them.
'they just happen to be up the road'?

From your comment it would seem a good bet that a) you don't know any bitters and/or b) you weren't brought up in the West London area (north of the river).

Neither of these are a problem of course, but would reasonably explain why the bush pikeys don't bother you in the slightest.

In the same way that Arsenal are 'just up the road' from Spurs, Pompey from Southampton, and West Ham from Millwall, I personally can't stand QPR, and it is a footballing rivalry that I'm glad comes naturally to me, as it makes things more interesting.

It annoys me that they are trying to overtake us again, and rather than play them every season,  I just want them to go down, with or without Mr Ambition and Zamoaner.

Oh yeah, that would be a 'B' then.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Andy_M

Got to go with B. Surely this would result in the humiliation of Hughes and his sacking anyway!
@got_maile

A Humble Man

No matter how many old men QPR buy they are still a lower division team and their ground does not deserve Premier League status and I would be happy to never go there again. Two season going to that hole was at least two years too long so do not want any more of it ever. 

Go down and stay down or go bust is all I want for them.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Chesh

Quote from: A Humble Man on October 02, 2012, 02:42:03 PM
or go bust is all I want for them.
No matter how much I dislike QPR, and what them relegated asap, I would never wish going bust on any club.

They might be tw*ts, the majority of them, but they do have some decent fans.

BalDrick

I too will have a B please Bob. Leading, with any luck, to Bobby and Mark, in the Championship etc
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Vinnieffc

It's a massive, huge B for me with knobs on !!!!!!

nose

Quote from: Chesh on October 02, 2012, 02:16:06 PM

From your comment it would seem a good bet that a) you don't know any bitters and/or b) you weren't brought up in the West London area (north of the river).

Neither of these are a problem of course, but would reasonably explain why the bush pikeys don't bother you in the slightest.

In the same way that Arsenal are 'just up the road' from Spurs, Pompey from Southampton, and West Ham from Millwall, I personally can't stand QPR, and it is a footballing rivalry that I'm glad comes naturally to me, as it makes things more interesting.

It annoys me that they are trying to overtake us again, and rather than play them every season,  I just want them to go down, with or without Mr Ambition and Zamoaner.

You worry about them if it makes you happy. Me? They are irrelevant to my life, they are non-entities, they are nothing.
Now Chelsea, them I don't like.

Chesh

Quote from: nose on October 02, 2012, 03:26:19 PM
Quote from: Chesh on October 02, 2012, 02:16:06 PM

You worry about them if it makes you happy. Me? They are irrelevant to my life, they are non-entities, they are nothing.
Now Chelsea, them I don't like.
It's strange, but for whatever reason Chelsea don't bother me as much. Yep, horses for courses and all that.
:54: