watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Blingo coming out of retirement ? Gibraltar football

Started by TheDaddy, October 02, 2012, 05:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDaddy

Gibraltar has been admitted as a provisional member of UEFA after a long battle by the tiny British colony.

Whats does that mean for them ?

source my mobile blower via Sky news ...
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

costarican white

Where's the stadium? in the peack?

PS. I would LOVE to visit Gibraltar.
Wherever there's a Costa Rican... there's peace.

LBNo11

...a rumour has it that he will be over for the villa game, we can ask him then.. :008:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

alfie

Quote from: costarican white on October 02, 2012, 05:42:17 PM
Where's the stadium? in the peack?

PS. I would LOVE to visit Gibraltar.

I have been to Gib twice, it was raining on both occasions, did ask Blingo for a meet but he was too busy.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

copthornemike

Nice stadium right beside airport - literally a short walk. Sunshine, cheap drinks (even the local Morrisons has a bar inside the supermarket).

costarican white

Quote from: copthornemike on October 02, 2012, 07:32:41 PM
Nice stadium right beside airport - literally a short walk. Sunshine, cheap drinks (even the local Morrisons has a bar inside the supermarket).

Is it on the water too? hehe. I love to see youtube videos of Gibraltar's airport.
Wherever there's a Costa Rican... there's peace.

Yellow Jacket

I wonder if Spain is ever going to get it back or it gets independence. The Spanish government are annoyed as heck over that place. At least, they drive on the right side of the road.

Vinnieffc

I would suggest we old goats get over theree to form a team

I would suggest we old and not-so-old goats get over there and form a team for their first ever international.. In their new national colours of black and white of course. Blingo as Captain.. LBNo11 in goal (doubting his mobility).. Equaliser as our dashing David Beckham lookalikey and me cutting the half time oranges.... We may even have room for a blue scouser and a Welshman !!

GloucesterWhite

Wasn't Tony Macedo born in Gibraltar? Seem to remember he played for England Under 23s but couldn't turn out for the full team as he was born in Gib.

aussierod

I remember reading a few months back in a FourFourTwo magazine article that if Gibraltar were to be recognised by UEFA that they would quit UEFA in protest.... Can any Spanish fans shed any further light on this for me? ie either confirm or deny
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

cebu

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on October 03, 2012, 08:24:49 AM
Wasn't Tony Macedo born in Gibraltar? Seem to remember he played for England Under 23s but couldn't turn out for the full team as he was born in Gib.

You're right that he wasn't selected for the full England team (should have been though!), but I don't think the FA were forced into that decision by UEFA or FIFA.