watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Mark Hughes, QPR's Lawrie Sanchez?

Started by DiegoFulham, October 02, 2012, 08:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiegoFulham

Both spent a load of money on several not very good players. Who thinks TF should sack him now? Or are we the lucky ones with the only genius chairman Mo who knew when to get rid of a crap manager at the right time? LETS HOPE NOT BECAUSE IT WOULD BE GREAT FOR THE BELLEND TO TAKE THE GUY  DOWN  

@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

epsomraver

Your story falls down on the fact Hughes resigned and was not sacked by Mo.

Nero

Quote from: epsomraver on October 02, 2012, 09:01:04 PM

your story falls down becuase he is taking about Sanchez time at Fulham and comparing it to Hughes at qpr

Motown

I would reply, but my response has just 'vanished' - what is going on with this board?

DiegoFulham

Quote from: Nero on October 02, 2012, 09:23:10 PM

your story falls down becuase he is taking about Sanchez time at Fulham and comparing it to Hughes at qpr

:plus one:
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

Flummer23

Yes, he's a div for saying we lacked ambition, wanting to go to a big club and ending up settling for QPR.  But comparing him to Sanchez is a bit rough.  If I'm not mistaken he did bring us Dembele and traded Konchesky for Kacanaklic (which is a decent move) whereas Baird is about the only hold over from Sanchez (might be others, but can't think of any).
It's a fine line between clever and . . . stupid.  David St. Hubbins

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Flummer23 he (Sanchez) also signed Aaron Hughes

There is no comparison ,  under Sanchez the chain had been pulled and we were heading for the trap.
Hughes is a good manager and a eye for a good player, QPR will not go that way,  if Hughes stays.  The trouble for them is
the number of new players and that is always difficult.       

Holders

...and the recently-departed and very successful Murphy.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Flummer23

Yes, you're both right re: Hughes and Murphy.  I'd forgotten about them.  Hughes was one of a number of Northern Ireland internationals he brought in.  There were so many Championship-level players he paid a lot for that it's easy to forget that some of his acquisitions were good. 

CH FFC

To be honest I have been surprised by some of QPR's results.  I watched a bit of three QPR games I had DVR'ed, and they didn't look all that bad.  I just wonder if it has come to - poor results = poor self confidence....which produces even more.
I thought that their game against Chelsea, they looked OK.  As with their game against ManC, but then again perhaps those teams looked horrible. 
There are a few talented players on the team, just not sure if there is good chemistry to make anything of it.

HatterDon

Quote from: Flummer23 on October 02, 2012, 10:14:46 PM
Yes, you're both right re: Hughes and Murphy.  I'd forgotten about them.  Hughes was one of a number of Northern Ireland internationals he brought in.  There were so many Championship-level players he paid a lot for that it's easy to forget that some of his acquisitions were good. 

and Baird
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Nero

Quote from: CH FFC on October 02, 2012, 10:33:40 PM
To be honest I have been surprised by some of QPR's results.  I watched a bit of three QPR games I had DVR'ed, and they didn't look all that bad.  I just wonder if it has come to - poor results = poor self confidence....which produces even more.
I thought that their game against Chelsea, they looked OK.  As with their game against ManC, but then again perhaps those teams looked horrible. 
There are a few talented players on the team, just not sure if there is good chemistry to make anything of it.

yes but if you can't get the ball in the onion bag you better not start counting your chickens

JBH

Quote from: Flummer23 on October 02, 2012, 09:48:25 PM
Yes, he's a div for saying we lacked ambition, wanting to go to a big club and ending up settling for QPR.  But comparing him to Sanchez is a bit rough.  If I'm not mistaken he did bring us Dembele and traded Konchesky for Kacanaklic (which is a decent move) whereas Baird is about the only hold over from Sanchez (might be others, but can't think of any).
[/quote

I believe that the Dembele deal was done prior to Hughes taking over and it was M Jol who turned Moussa into class central midfielder, Hughes played him as a striker or outwide where he was pretty ineffective

epsomraver

Quote from: Nero on October 02, 2012, 09:23:10 PM

As the picture is of Hughes then we are talking about Hughes as he is the one  currently up the swanee, Sanchez however has moved on and is currently being interviewed at AFC Wimbledon 064.gif

SKSW6

We should bear in mind that Hughes' teams all see to have much better second halves of seasons than firsts, so let's not all look silly if come the end of the season the worst happens and they do stay up. They probably need time to gel too with all the new signings they have.

Berserker

I think Hughes will turn them around by the end of the season, i don't think they will be relegated... us on the other hand ...
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Flummer23

Do you really think relegation a possibility?  Granted it's hard not to worry when you're a Fulham fan, but there a so many significantly inferior teams in the Prem today, I just can't imagine it - or perhaps I don't want to . . .

Burt

Putting personal stuff to one side, Hughes is no mug, he knows what he is doing, and QPR have made some decent additions to their team since last season.

Do I want them to go down this season? Absolutely.

Can I see them going down this season? Nope... There are worse teams with worse managers.

Logicalman

Quote from: Burt on October 03, 2012, 09:36:01 PM
Putting personal stuff to one side, Hughes is no mug, he knows what he is doing, and QPR have made some decent additions to their team since last season.

Do I want them to go down this season? Absolutely.

Can I see them going down this season? Nope... There are worse teams with worse managers.

.. but we can still dream ..

FFC1987

Quote from: Berserker on October 03, 2012, 01:12:31 PM
I think Hughes will turn them around by the end of the season, i don't think they will be relegated... us on the other hand ...

Rubbish fan if you think we will go down.