watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Danny Murphy ..

Started by MrFFC, October 04, 2012, 12:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFFC

Not that it matters too much but wonder if he regrets leaving us for Blackburn, out of interest as a lot of people said he was finished and was the right time to let him go or a few months into the new season do you wish captain Dan was still here? Interesting one as a lot of people were on the fence to weather he could cut it in the prem anymore ...
Come on you Whites!! :)

mccscratch

Despite what seems to be a drop in form (or just an adjustment period to a new team)... at this point with Diarra out...we could certainly use him at the moment... and now with Baird maybe injured... having Danny Murphy would be huge..
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Berserker

I think he would have been good as Jol probably intented, not playing every match and not playing all of a match. Unfortunately Murph wanted more than that so wouldn't stay with us
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

AlFayedsChequebook

Have chatted to a few Blackburn fans and others who have seen him play in the league and they are all far from impressed.

I bigged him up, saying he would run the midfield but he seems to be struggling - probably because Steve Kean was playing him as an AMC rather than a deep lying passer. A bit like the way he was misused until he came to Fulham.

Hopefully he will improve but it must be a nervous time if a new manager comes in with a new broom...

leonffc

His Mrs (along with Dickson and someone else) got some nonsense on Twitter the other week. I don't think she got that from us so he certainly isn't appreciated!!
I did point out that she Isnt the 'greedy' one taking the wages out the club but apparently she spends it so she's fair game!!

JBH

DM was terrible for them against Boro so I am glad he is no longer at Fulham as he no longer has what it takes to play in the Premiership.

Good most of the time he was here so I thank him for that but no loss whatsoever now

TonyGilroy

I dare say though that he'd be better playing for us because of his familiarity with tactics, team mates, the manager and theirs with him.

JBH

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 04, 2012, 09:13:38 AM

I dare say though that he'd be better playing for us because of his familiarity with tactics, team mates, the manager and theirs with him.

Good point but a player of his class should be able to find a player 5 - 10 yards away with a pass no matter who he plays for and he misplaced at least 4 short passes against Boro, it seems like the mind is still willing but the body ain't.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

As JBH has said, Danny Murphy was very poor against Middlesborough in the Sky Sports Friday Night game a week or so back. Although, his leadership would be extremely valuable at difficult stages in the season. Also, as also stated by others, we have a bit of a midfield crisis and his presence to fill a gap would be superb. Obviously, he's a Blackburn player and we probably won't see him in a Fulham shirt again.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

epsomraver

They offered him a two year contract and we offered one year, at his age he takes the money and the security, his legs were going and he was finding it difficult with the pace of the top flight, he should do better in the lower league.

jarv

DM is not stupid. He has a 2 year contract, Blackburn is a troubled club (he new that going in). Any impact he has on and off the field is all good experience to gain for his future, probably in management. There is certainly no shortage of troubled clubs for him to manage one day.

LordNelson

More than anything, these gents at the end of their careers want to PLAY.  Can't blame him for leaving if he gets to finish his career on the pitch doing what he loves instead of getting occasional appearances with 15 min left.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

General

Must be a bit of a mind "uck  having the manager quite his job just before the game and also being probably the main reason for moving to Blackburn.

I rate Danny, I don't rate the blackburn fans - they seem to be unable to let anything go and are on this blood thirsty run to take down their club more than the venkys.

vagrant

Quote from: epsomraver on October 04, 2012, 10:36:11 AM
They offered him a two year contract and we offered one year, at his age he takes the money and the security, his legs were going and he was finding it difficult with the pace of the top flight, he should do better in the lower league.

Agreed, but apparantly he's not doing better.  Let's all move on ....... again.

A Humble Man

Jol proved what a good manager he was and got him out just at the right time, it is unfortunate we lost Moussa and Diarra got injured then we would not be having this debate.  Murphy was on his sell by date when he left and his performances and influence had tailed right off. 

The gap between the top of the Championship and most of the Premier League is as narrow as it has ever been and I am therefore not surprised he is not performing at Blackburn.   
We Are Fulham, Believe.

cebu

Quote from: A Humble Man on October 04, 2012, 04:42:28 PM
Jol proved what a good manager he was and got him out just at the right time, it is unfortunate we lost Moussa and Diarra got injured then we would not be having this debate.  Murphy was on his sell by date when he left and his performances and influence had tailed right off. 

The gap between the top of the Championship and most of the Premier League is as narrow as it has ever been and I am therefore not surprised he is not performing at Blackburn.   

Jol is not in charge of buying and selling players' contracts, as always MAF/Mac are. Jol is really just junior management, as far as the management hierarchy at the club goes. Fulham tried to keep Danny on another one year contract, but he got a better offer elsewhere. Considering it was his last contract as a player, it must have made sense to him and his family.

Had Danny stayed at Fulham, I think he would have probably started most matches on the bench.

St Eve

We could certainly use him now. Big mistake

Forever Fulham

I never saw any quit in the man, even as the legs and wind were slowly diminishing.  He punched above his weight for years.  Good luck to you, Danny!