News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What team & formation from our current squad would you play?

Started by MordenWhites, October 04, 2012, 01:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MordenWhites

Week in and out?

My team as follows using a 4-1-2-1-2 formation -

Schwarzer (GK)
Riether (RB)
Hughes (CD)
Hangeland (CD)
Diarra (DMC) - Would sit him just in front of central defense.
Duff (AMR)
Kaca (AML)
Ruiz (AMC) - Just behind the front two strikers has the ability create and score.
Berbatov (S)
Petric (S)

I would be delighted to see this team week in and out. Never going to happen with injuries ect. I feel that not only is that a great starting 11 but look to our bench and STRENGTH IN DEPTH strikes me. The likes of Stockdale, Frei, Briggs, Baird, Kasami, Rodallega, Dejagah, Richardson, Trotta, Add to that and just think of the talent coming through. The future looks very bright and europe is not out of the question. I do however feel in order to progress as a club and compete for a top 8 finish or better each season we need to show future players and stars of the future that our club is not a stepping stone to greater prospects for the player and we are not a pushover selling club. I get the feeling that is what some recently departed and past players thought. Lets look at a few of these players where things went belly up.

Louis Saha - Was great during his time with us and would have made legendary status if he stayed with us. Seen the big bucks and the bigger profile club at united he struggled could not hold down a place and injuries got to him now at sunderland a club which fails to pack half its ground out and is a low to relegation threatened club. = WRONG MOVE.

Sean Davis - Again was great during our rise to the top could have had a England career as he was regularly involved in the U21 set up . Again seen the club with more so called 'Ambition' and money to burn at tottenham. Made 15 appearances in two years. Ended up at pompey a again low and now league 1 club. = WRONG MOVE.

There is others that have done the same like most recently i feel the likes of Clint Dempsey, Bobby Zamora, will soon realize that they have made the wrong decision when qpr get relegated and Dempsey has to settle for a place on the spurs bench or ply his trade abroad or a lower team in the premier league where europe is a no. Perhaps i am wrong in thinking i would rather become a legend for my fans and a football club that loves me then be a bench warmer at a club which pays higher wages. I would also like to say that if i had one wish on how to change football for the better then i would first set a transfer budget cap on each PL team each team receiving a total of £50M over the two windows in one season may the best team win because there is no fair play in football today it all bottles down to who has the richest investors. Years down the line if we as a club cannot compete against the ridiculous money thrown at clubs it will not only be football that suffers but more importantly us the loyal fans.

COYSW  :54: MW             

MordenWhites

Am suprised no one can add to that everyone vote for me as new fulham boss lol !

DevonFFC

079.gif
Quote from: MordenWhites on October 04, 2012, 05:27:27 PM
Am suprised no one can add to that everyone vote for me as new fulham boss lol !

I would probably have a left back on the pitch... I imagine we should take advantage of the fact we can field 11 players!
Manager maybe... Mathematician defo not

fulhamben

Quote from: ollienixs on October 04, 2012, 06:11:37 PM
079.gif
Quote from: MordenWhites on October 04, 2012, 05:27:27 PM

I would probably have a left back on the pitch... I imagine we should take advantage of the fact we can field 11 players!
Manager maybe... Mathematician defo not
and the 4 1 2 1 2 is known as the diamond formation in england.....
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

alexbishop

Playing with one central midfielder?! you must be nuts...

I hate the diamond formation.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

fulhamben

Quote from: alexbishop on October 04, 2012, 07:24:37 PM
Playing with one central midfielder?! you must be nuts...

I hate the diamond formation.
whys that? its no different from say playing 5 in the middle as it lowers your chance of scoring with only one striker. what you lose in defence you gain in attack. and at the end of the day goals win you games.

Matt Inglis

Schwarzer
Reither    Hughes     Hangeland    Riise
              Diarra        Sidwell
     Duff                                Frei
                       Ruiz
                    Berbatov

Schwarzer solid in goal, no need to boot him out yet.
Reither looks more solid than Kelly, and better going forward.
I still prefer Hughes over Senderos, although that transition will presumably happen at some point.
Hangeland is a given.
Riise is one of my favourite players at the moment, needs to clear the ball faster though.
Diarra and Sidwell are the engine and play a strong part in our mean defense at home.
Duff and Frei both able to make full-backs look silly. Evidently play Kacaniklic at the moment as he is on form but I think Frei is still a better player when fit.
Ruiz is our creativity, I think he is key.
Berbatov is our best striker on paper, but I'd play Petric if he is in better form. Rodallega would not make me happy if he were a lone striker.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

fulhamben

Quote from: Matt Inglis on October 04, 2012, 07:42:05 PM
                   Schwarzer
              Diarra        Sidwell
                       Ruiz
                    Berbatov

I still prefer Hughes over Senderos, although that transition will presumably happen at some point.
Hangeland is a given.
Riise is one of my favourite players at the moment, needs to clear the ball faster though.
Diarra and Sidwell are the engine and play a strong part in our mean defense at home.
Duff and Frei both able to make full-backs look silly. Evidently play Kacaniklic at the moment as he is on form but I think Frei is still a better player when fit.
Berbatov is our best striker on paper, but I'd play Petric if he is in better form. Rodallega would not make me happy if he were a lone striker.

and yet hugo looked better up top in the short time he played there thanpetric did in the last game

Sheepskin Junior

Schwarzer (for now)
Riether Hughes Hangeland Riise
Diarra Richardson
Duff Ruiz Kacaniklic
Berbatov
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

Matt Inglis

Quote from: fulhamben on October 04, 2012, 07:51:56 PM
Quote from: Matt Inglis on October 04, 2012, 07:42:05 PM
                   Schwarzer
              Diarra        Sidwell
                       Ruiz
                    Berbatov

Hangeland is a given.

and yet hugo looked better up top in the short time he played there thanpetric did in the last game
Didn't get to watch the Man City game but if Hugo has proven himself to be capable as a lone striker I'll happily take back my comment.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

MrFFC

It's a tough one as Rodallega and Petric such good players but if everyone is fit and well I think our best team is

Schwarzer

Riether Hughes Hangeland Riise

Sidwell Diarra

Duff Ruiz Kacaniklic

Berbatov

Subs - Stockdale , Senderos , Baird , Frei , Dejagah , Rodallega , Petric
Come on you Whites!! :)