more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Audience members needed for ITV4 football debate show pilot

Started by Tom D, October 04, 2012, 12:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

and here is another question

11. The premiershiip was set up 'it was claimed' to help england's chances. Check back that was a key marketing issue at the time. But all we see is an influx of foreign players that block the way for local talent to develop. How can we reverse this, my feeling is that there needs to be a 75% quota of english players in the prenmiership, i hate quotas as a rule but what we have is ridiculous. Roy has such a small pool to choose from!

Lighthouse

Quote from: nose on October 04, 2012, 04:00:44 PM
and here is another question

11. The premiershiip was set up 'it was claimed' to help england's chances. Check back that was a key marketing issue at the time. But all we see is an influx of foreign players that block the way for local talent to develop. How can we reverse this, my feeling is that there needs to be a 75% quota of english players in the prenmiership, i hate quotas as a rule but what we have is ridiculous. Roy has such a small pool to choose from!

I would be dead against any lessening of the quality of the Prem. In fact I am not sure International football just does more harm than good. Most fans are happier that their club side is successful than their national side. Besides part of the reason is Home Grown players are so much more expensive than overseas players. However the point about the original marketing ploy is a good one.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

mr-ska

Walsh

I have heard that the referee from the Liverpool vs Manchester United game got death threats because of the decisions he made(if there are any Referee's on the show, have they ever had death threats), this doesn't seem fair on referee's, how can this be stopped??

fulhamben

Quote from: Walsh on October 04, 2012, 04:38:03 PM
I have heard that the referee from the Liverpool vs Manchester United game got death threats because of the decisions he made(if there are any Referee's on the show, have they ever had death threats), this doesn't seem fair on referee's, how can this be stopped??
you heard wrong. someone posted on twitter to his son, wishing him ill health
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

alfie

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on October 04, 2012, 01:50:34 PM
Quote from: alfie on October 04, 2012, 01:33:16 PM
I've got one

Why are Ref's so easily fooled by players throwing themselves to the ground when it is quite clear to everyone else that there was never a foul in the first place.

I think this is extremely unfair.

Ref's dont always get it right, but all to often I will scream that a player has dived only to see a replay showing it was a foul.

It really is not as obvious as people say.

Ok i understand your point, and yes maybe in a few cases that is correct, but it is an artform now, how many times do we see a player shielding the ball and then dramatically fall over, it is just too much now and for me it just spoils the game along with blatant shirt pulling that the ref/lino see all the time but do nothing.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Tom D

Thanks, some great questions here - still going through them all!

If anyone is up for being in the audience we're still looking for people.

Pilot will be filmed on Monday 22nd October in central London, should be a fun FREE evening out.

Email me if you're interested - tom.day@itv.com

Mr_Moon

I can't make it but I'd be happy to do a live beamback of me on the sofa.