more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Audience members needed for ITV4 football debate show pilot

Started by Tom D, October 04, 2012, 12:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom D

Hi,

My name is Tom Day and I'm working on a pilot for a new ITV 4 football debate show.

We're looking for passionate and opinionated football fans to be part of our studio audience and put forward questions to our panel of big name guests from the world of football.

It's a serious discussion show, and while there will be plenty of light hearted moments we are aiming for a tone to the debate that is closer to Question Time than Soccer AM. We want to give fans the chance to hear from our panel of experts (comprising players, managers, referees and journalists), to pose questions, discuss the big talking points of the moment in the game, and to hear the opinions of those who know the game from the inside.

The pilot will be filmed on Monday the 22nd October in Central London from 6pm, and will be finished by around 8pm.

If you're interested in coming along, representing your football club and asking a question then please get in touch, either by email ([email protected]) or phone (02071574524), and I can explain more about the show.

Similarly if there is anyone you know who would be interested, please send them my details.

Thanks, and look forward to hearing from you

Tom Day

ITV STUDIOS

mr-ska

mr-ska

Talked to this Tom fella..  sounds interesting...  Im going to go to the Pilot.  Wanted to know if i had any questions..   The panel will be made up of players, refs  and managers..

I'd like to know what they think about the media bias to the top 5 sides..  given that all 20 teams have earned the right to play in the top division...

If anyone has any questions...  i will email them to him... see if we can get some of our worries aired.

They want more fans  so if anyone is interested  email him..  filming is off The Tottenham Court Road

Northern Cottager

Could there be negotiations for First Class return travel for a Preston Cottager? ;)

mr-ska

Quote from: Northern Cottager on October 04, 2012, 12:39:52 PM
Could there be negotiations for First Class return travel for a Preston Cottager? ;)
ha ha...  chance your arm and email him lol

fulhamben

can you ask them why ea are allowed to give berba such a poor first touch on fifa 13 when he clearly has one of the best touches in the game
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Airfix

Quote from: mr-ska on October 04, 2012, 12:38:32 PM
If anyone has any questions...  i will email them to him... see if we can get some of our worries aired.

If it's serious they want, here's serious...

"What are the panel's opinions on the ongoing viability of football's 'Let's kick racism out of football' campaign in the light of the governing body's inability to do just that in the case of John Terry?"

I'd love to see the response to that one.

mr-ska

Quote from: Airfix on October 04, 2012, 12:52:35 PM
Quote from: mr-ska on October 04, 2012, 12:38:32 PM

If it's serious they want, here's serious...

"What are the panel's opinions on the ongoing viability of football's 'Let's kick racism out of football' campaign in the light of the governing body's inability to do just that in the case of John Terry?"

I'd love to see the response to that one.
ok Airfix  ill email that

mr-ska

Quote from: fulhamben on October 04, 2012, 12:52:07 PM
can you ask them why ea are allowed to give berba such a poor first touch on fifa 13 when he clearly has one of the best touches in the game
Valid point...  email on its way   064.gif

Mr_Moon

You should ask them on their views of the EPPP and whether they value the progress of top club's youngsters & the national team over the football pyramid and the 100+ professional clubs.

alfie

I've got one

Why are Ref's so easily fooled by players throwing themselves to the ground when it is quite clear to everyone else that there was never a foul in the first place.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Rupert

Quote from: alfie on October 04, 2012, 01:33:16 PM
I've got one

Why are Ref's so easily fooled by players throwing themselves to the ground when it is quite clear to everyone else that there was never a foul in the first place.

Perhaps put a more constructive spin on the question, "Would the panel support the FA/Premiership taking action against players who fool the ref by throwing themselves to the ground, by using video replays to impose a two match ban on any player seen cheating in that way?"
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: alfie on October 04, 2012, 01:33:16 PM
I've got one

I think this is extremely unfair.

Ref's dont always get it right, but all to often I will scream that a player has dived only to see a replay showing it was a foul.

It really is not as obvious as people say.

Lighthouse

Inconsistency from game to game from Ref to Ref will always cause problems. But are the new laws, say on OFFSIDE, too much down to opinion and not the letter of the law. The old law being at least understandable.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 04, 2012, 01:53:28 PM
Inconsistency from game to game from Ref to Ref will always cause problems. But are the new laws, say on OFFSIDE, too much down to opinion and not the letter of the law. The old law being at least understandable.

Waiting 5 seconds for a flag to go up when the ONLY POSSIBLE player that can touch the ball is a mile offside infuriates me.  Defenders will defend and if they go in for a last ditch tackle that's not needed the attacker could be out for ages.

Grinds my gears no end :P

When managers say "if (team x) had done that they'd have got away with it", is that not seen as bringing into question the integrity of the officials just as much as if they outright said "ref y favoured (team x) and we were playing against 12 men"?

Wording could probably be better tbh, but hopefully the gist is clear... ish.

LBNo11

...why is it that a player injured by an opposition player (who gets booked for the offence) has to leave the field of play whilst the booked player can stay on (and even score for his team)? Why can they not change the rules to a fairer system so that both players leave the field of play until the injured player is fit to return or substituted?

This really gets my goat..! *

*Airfix, I can hear your brain working on a suitable riposte from here..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Mr_Moon

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 04, 2012, 02:13:50 PM
...why is it that a player injured by an opposition player (who gets booked for the offence) has to leave the field of play whilst the booked player can stay on (and even score for his team)? Why can they not change the rules to a fairer system so that both players leave the field of play until the injured player is fit to return or substituted?

This really gets my goat..! *

*Airfix, I can hear your brain working on a suitable riposte from here..!

Hmm even though I do agree, devil's advocate here...

What's to stop a player feigning or prolonging the recovering time of an injury in order to keep a specific player off the field? Say we played Barcelona, if one of their star players, e.g. Xavi went to challenge Baird, what's to stop Baird feigning injury so Barca would be without Xavi for however long. Although it's a team game, some players are more important than others.

Or from yesteryear, if someone feigned injury so Murphy was off the field, it would null all of our attacking threat.

epsomraver

You could ask that they simplify the offside rule to any opposing  player who is in the penalty area has to be "active" as this must distract the goalie and the defenders attention.

jarv

Mr. Moon's excellent comment.....EPL v football pyramid (and grass roots). I would ask the question why there are so few English players in the division and what are they doing about it. (our own FFC fielded a total 11 foreign players recently I believe).
What do they think is the root cause? There are multi million pound contracts up  for grabs so why are the English lads not getting there?

Just last week, PL investment in grass roots for year, 250 million. Wages to players in 4 days, 250 million. What is wrong with this picture?

nose

Ihave some comments, points questions.
1. We have every top class game recorded, we see players cheating left, right and centre, the ref can never see everything, but the cameras can. Let us have post match yellow and red cards and fine and ban the cheats. That would stop most problems in a week or two.
2. To clip the wings of the big teams, and to improve the game, let us go back to one or at most two substitutes.
3. In the last 15 minutes of a game the team winning brings on subs just to disrupt play, so no substitutes in the last 15 minutes except for injury, the player going off not allowed to play the next game because he is injured. This will keep the game flowing towards what should be the most exciting part of a close match.
4. Post match analysis of referees, mr oliver seems to favour man utd, mr winter favoured arsenal, mr halsey has a track record at fulham etc. Not to mention andy d'urso.
5. Make referees explain their decisions, even if they are wrong at least explain what they saw.
6. No post match interviews with anyone until at least one hour has passed by.
7. No replays during live play on TV until half time or after the game. The number of times we hav to see a replay whilst something more interesting is happening is daft.
8. Scrap the champions league format. It is boring for most people. Go back to a competiton for champions, ike it used to be, when it was more prestigious and more fun!
9. Stop media love affair with liverpool and west ham. Every time I switch on talksport it's liverpool this or west ham that. It's boring.
10. More live fulham away games!

Hope there is something of interest.