News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Please help to identify these (recent) Fulham player's signatures...

Started by LBNo11, October 04, 2012, 12:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...for 40 years of loyalty to my company I have received this signed shirt! Can anyone help me with which signature is for which player. Many thanks in advance...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

FFC1987

Airfix

elgreenio

think Baird is the one under FXPro with the circle. Simon Davies under that one?
touch my camera through the fence

St Eve

Senior Supporter

Maybe it's just me. I can understand a squiggle for a signature on, say, a programme where the collector will know who signed anyway, but wouldn't you think they would take a bit more trouble to make their signatures legible when signing a shirt, which is most likely a present or charity raffle prize?

Jambo

Top middle could well be Bob from your accounts dept!!  :dft012:

I wish the players would sign off with their squad number.  Great gift
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

alfie

Quote from: Jambo on October 04, 2012, 01:13:45 PM
Top middle could well be Bob from your accounts dept!!  :dft012:

I wish the players would sign off with their squad number.  Great gift

This was a request made a long time ago when i was there and promptly ignored...
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

cottage cheese

the one under the "pro" is frei, have his signature on a shirt

cottage cheese

the sceond to last sig on the right has 31 written above it so thats Kaca

mr-ska

From Lester..  a Fulham Autograph hunter...

Lester James Wyatt From top to bottom, Duff, Hangeland, Baird, Kasami, Stockdale, Riise, Hughes, Schwarzer, Briggs, Reither, Somoggi, Jol, Pteric, Kakaniklic, Ruiz, Kelly. Theres 3 im not sure on, could be Dejagah/Karagounis as ive never seen their signatures before,

LBNo11

...thanks for those Lester/Dean, (I presume reading from left to right?) I would be grateful if anyone could tell me who the three 'mystery' players are.

To Senior Supporter, one of my treasured possessions was the first signed team sheet from the 1967-68 season, you could actually read the signatures, and even now George Cohen's signature is clearly legible and he must have written it a million times.

These days most autographs are a form of hieroglyphic cartouche and without the aid of a modern day rosetta stone with which to translate. A more legible signature, especially in these days of many overseas players playing in the premier league isn't too much to ask - is it?

Anyway, very grateful for the award/present, but I must admit now one of those signatures does look like Jenkins in accounts.. :49:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Rupert

Autographs are a funny thing. I've been asked for an autograph twice (I'm nobody special, I just happened to be taking part in an event and the autograph hunters were young and impressionable) and it does give you pause- do you just do your usual illegible scribble, or do you take your time and write out something legible which, by its nature, is not your autograph? I plumped for the latter.

I agree with the point made above, sticking your squad number on might be a good idea.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.