watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Amended fixture list because of T.V coverage

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, October 05, 2012, 01:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

The Club can confirm that the following fixtures have been selected for live television coverage and, as a result, will now be played on alternative days or at different times:

Newcastle United (H) Monday 10th December 2012 KO 8pm (Sky Sports). Previously due to be played Saturday 8th December
Liverpool (A) Saturday 22nd December 2012 KO 5.30pm (ESPN). Previously due to kick-off at 3pm
West Bromwich Albion (A) Tuesday 1st January 2013 KO 12.45pm (Sky Sports). Previously due to kick-off at 3pm

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Rhys Lightning 63

That knocks our following at Liverpool to Liverpool down to about 20, seeing as the last train home is at 19:45.

I think we should petition the club to put on a chartered train, like they did to Blackburn a few years back

jarv

WHY do they make supporters travel the length of the country for a Monday game? (Newcastle) Surely there are enough London derbies (add Southampton and Reading) to make it easier. Madness.

LBNo11

...god how I hate sky and their spawn, have they seen how far Newcastle is from London, I know we are at home - but on a Monday night! They have done this to us for the same fixture but away before - it only benefits the armchair fans not the real supporters...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Riverside

The TV schedule is for armchair fans. Any consideration for those of us that go to the games went out of the window a long time ago .

Rhys Lightning 63

Just spoken to Tommy on the Supporter Relations line and he said that until we know what the ticketing allocation is for the game (usually 4/5 weeks beforehand) then he'll speak to the club secretary about option of laying on further coaches or chartering train (which he said worked very well for the Blackburn game a few years ago). He did say though that because of the tightness between the end of the game and the last train back to London, he will look into those options

ScalleysDad

So would I be right in thinking that the Newcastle game being moved is part tele and part the europa commitments .................. in which case what about the Spuds game on 1st December.
Fair point about Newcastle to London etc but The Baggies for 12.25 will be no mean feat on a Bank Holiday.

ScalleysDad

Belay the Spuds game. There are no fixtures on Nov 28th/29th so I have just been told so unless ESPN dive in saturday at 3pm looks good.

HatterDon

Quote from: jarv on October 05, 2012, 01:30:51 PM
WHY do they make supporters travel the length of the country for a Monday game? (Newcastle) Surely there are enough London derbies (add Southampton and Reading) to make it easier. Madness.

I've been saying this for years. Monday night games should be restricted to:

London derbies
Midlands derbies
Manchester derbies
Liverpool derbies
Tyne-Wear derbies

This can easily be accomplished with little or no stress on traveling fans. The Premier League allowing anything else is scandalous.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

jazz hardrockin

Quote from: HatterDon on October 05, 2012, 05:34:40 PM
Quote from: jarv on October 05, 2012, 01:30:51 PM

I've been saying this for years. Monday night games should be restricted to:

London derbies
Midlands derbies
Manchester derbies
Liverpool derbies
Tyne-Wear derbies

This can easily be accomplished with little or no stress on traveling fans. The Premier League allowing anything else is scandalous.

Well,there is a good reason local derbies to be played at a day light hours.It's called safety first... :dft012:
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.