watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Have that Bobby, you Expletive

Started by Ordar, October 05, 2012, 04:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

Nice little retort from Jol on Bobby "lets cup my ear at my own fans because someone said something nasty about me online, and I spent a week crying to my mummy like a massive useless baby" Zamora

Fulham manager Martin Jol dismissed former striker Bobby Zamora's criticisms earlier this week as "sour grapes".

Zamora was sold to QPR in January after rumours circulated that he did not see eye-to-eye with the Dutchman and the 31-year-old broke silence this week when he said "the vast majority" of the Fulham squad did not like Jol.

The Cottagers boss said: "I think nothing is what it seems. The players know me so one player will say this, another player will say that.

"If players do well and work hard, I try to get a good relationship with them. If not, I don't. With Bobby it started after a couple of weeks. Everybody knew.

"There was a few leaks in the paper and I asked him and he said 'no, it wasn't me'. I knew it was him and his agent 100 percent.

"He said 'no, it wasn't me, I hate the press'. He hated defence and later said he hated crosses as well and that was the moment I thought 'maybe it is better to sell' and that is what we did."

Jol replaced Zamora with Pavel Pogrebnyak - who scored six goals in 12 appearances during a short-term loan - then further bolstered his frontline with the capture of Dimitar Berbatov in the summer.

He said: "It was not easy because I had to get another No 9. We did because Pogrebnyak scored as many goals in a couple of weeks as my other strikers did in six months.

"Later we got Berbatov, who was probably our best signing ever. In hindsight, you could say we managed to do well."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/8141127/?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed_Fulham

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

HatterDon

Quote from: fulhamben on October 05, 2012, 05:10:45 PM
little dig at aj too, love it

read it twice and still missed the AJ reference. A little help?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

VB

Quote from: Ordar on October 05, 2012, 04:58:51 PM
He said: "It was not easy because I had to get another No 9. We did because Pogrebnyak scored as many goals in a couple of weeks as my other strikers did in six months.

Maybe here HD. Not sure if AJ was injured then.

Bye the way,  how are you me old mucker. Still making good vibrations :HD:
FULHAMISH: The more things change, The more they stay the same

cebu

Quote from: HatterDon on October 05, 2012, 05:44:07 PM

I think it was maybe this:

fulhamben

Quote from: cebu on October 05, 2012, 05:55:36 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on October 05, 2012, 05:44:07 PM

I think it was maybe this:

yes that was it
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

The Doctor

Nice little retort from Jol on Bobby "lets cup my ear at my own fans because someone said something nasty about me online, and I spent a week crying to my mummy like a massive useless baby" Zamora

On first read, I thought that was a quote attributed to Jol.  That would have been a brilliant press conference!

EJL

GodfatherJol

I'll always remember the post-match celebrations after Bobby's late winner against Arsenal, when Jol went over to him and they looked like best friends. I remember thinking at the time, "Clearly the papers have made up all this talk of a feud". How naive I was...

As a side note, I love MJ's ending to the interview. Bringing Berbatov to Fulham is the ultimate silver bullet to have in your arsenal when any crap comes your way.

HatterDon

Quote from: VB on October 05, 2012, 05:54:08 PM

Maybe here HD. Not sure if AJ was injured then.

Bye the way,  how are you me old mucker. Still making good vibrations :HD:

Doing the best I can, Von Billy. Good to see you making an appearance or two these days. Keep well.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

leonffc

Perhaps Bobby should ask some of QPRs massive squad how happy they are and put another peice in the Evening standard.
Oh wait, he said he hates the press!! Shame as I'd love to know how happy Rob Green is

cmg

Quote from: leonffc on October 06, 2012, 10:10:11 AM
Perhaps Bobby should ask some of QPRs massive squad how happy they are and put another peice in the Evening standard.
Oh wait, he said he hates the press!! Shame as I'd love to know how happy Rob Green is

Looked pretty happy when JC threw that one into the net last week.

west kowloon white

Neat response from Jol-now who will row z be "loyal" to next?.....