watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Southampton Vs Fulham Match Thread

Started by Azeedo, October 07, 2012, 02:57:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordNelson

Should have left the lead bottomed boots at home. Looked like we were moving in slow motion all match.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

TKFJ_FFC

So very poor.

We really didn't even deserve the 1.

whiteinedinburgh

A draw is probably more than fair to be honest. We were massively poor for the majority of the game.

TKFJ_FFC

Quote from: LordNelson on October 07, 2012, 03:26:54 PM
Should have left the lead bottomed boots at home. Looked like we were moving in slow motion all match.

Especially the back 5, sans Reither.

costarican white

Quote from: TKFJ_FFC on October 07, 2012, 03:24:54 PM
Stockdale needs to start next match.

I´m starting to believe this as well
Wherever there's a Costa Rican... there's peace.

Walsh

Jol now has 2 weeks to sort this mess out and hopefully we'll come back stronger!

Ordar

Not sure what everyone is moaning about. We should have won today, had the referee actually given us a clear free kick before their equaliser. He was giving them everything all day (even agreed by a Chelsea fan).

We didn't play that well, but we weren't helped

LBNo11

...I felt guilty about not going, this would have been my first away trip for ages, due to family circumstances I didn't go, glad I missed this judging by the reports. I really feel sorry for the faithful who put up with this regularly...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Lighthouse

Swart and Brede will be costing us games soon. Swart at forty still makes saves but he costs us with his poor commanding of the area and reactions.

Still a draw that we didn't deserve over the 90 minutes against a not great Southampton.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Ordar on October 07, 2012, 03:29:20 PM
Not sure what everyone is moaning about. We should have won today, had the referee actually given us a clear free kick before their equaliser. He was giving them everything all day (even agreed by a Chelsea fan).

We didn't play that well, but we weren't helped

Yeah, looked a blatant free kick to e but Richardson was so stupid committing that foul.

Schneiderlin should have gone too - a booking is a booking, the ref's job isn't to keep 11 players on the pitch it's to enforce the rules.  Winds me up no end.

But, after the first half who wouldn't have taken a point?

Hangeland and Schwarzer were awful - absolutely awful.

Ordar

Ok seriously did people actually watch the same game?! How didn't we deserve anything? We had the majority of the ball, and Southampton did absolutely nothing second half.

alexbishop

Quote from: Ordar on October 07, 2012, 03:33:26 PM
Ok seriously did people actually watch the same game?! How didn't we deserve anything? We had the majority of the ball, and Southampton did absolutely nothing second half.

We did nothing all game until the last 15mins
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Lighthouse

Quote from: alexbishop on October 07, 2012, 03:36:53 PM

We did nothing all game until the last 15mins

We should have been 2 down at half time, we got lucky with an own goal and really the lack of pressure against a team who did nothing in the second half was pretty poor. They deflected a shot onto their post and we scored a good goal. But we couldn't defend all game against the simplest of crosses and set plays. So lucky draw.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cebu

Before the match I would have been happy with a point, so I am happy we got a point ... but I'm not happy! :023:

Ordar

I'm sorry I totally disagree. Southampton did absolutely nothing. They only looked threatening from corners because Schwarzer was all over the place.

We were probing alot, Richardson looked very lively when he came on. We did ok, midfield still a bit of an issue but will improve when Diarra is back.

The equilising goal was a joke, and the Southampton player should have been sent off, and us get a free kick, a second before they "won" a free kick. Referee was absolutely abysmal

RidgeRider

+1

Its just a disappointment to claw back and then concede. I agree with you.

west kowloon white

If Brede sulking for his big move- well Barnet wouldn't have him on his recent lazy displays..Stockdale a good call -and perhaps a wake up call for a few others..

Jimbobob

:bang head: :bang head: :bang head:
No excuse no to be able to defend for a few measly minutes and secure the three points.
That team we played is crap and we just barely eek out a draw??? A Draw?
Very lack luster performance all around. And do we train on how to allow set piece's in the net?

Sorry no sliver lining - this was pathetic. We should in theory have enough talent to easily win this match...
I guess not. Nothing good to say about this garbage.  fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Berserker

With the lack of key players today i think we did well. I'm disappointed we conceded and didn't get the full 3 points, but seeing we played better in the second half and poorly in the first half i think a draw is a fair result
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

chiefo

Wigan, City and now saints in the last few minutes.. Keep the bloody door shut Fulham, doing my head in. As for the foul on the Greek it sadly goes to show that at times you need to roll the floor. It was his honesty that the ref wasn't good enough to see.